bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Hexus technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 11, 11 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Post any Hexus technical issues here only

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 11, 11 3:58 AM
Hello Eugene-Duranin and _Andreww Well, this is a first for me. I decided to try the game as the developers were in the forum.
I run Window 7 and can honestly say that 99.99999999% of the time I do not have a problem with any game that I download from . This will not run I get:-
Access violation 0x00000000 and cannot play. I will report to the tech department as well.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Jan 11, 11 7:04 AM
I just get damaged disk. Contaminated do not run

Never had that before.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 11, 11 7:51 AM
snags2 wrote:I just get damaged disk. Contaminated do not run

Never had that before.

Well snags. It looks like it is just you and me. I do not have problems normally either.
A bit curious, the devs have spoken in the other 2 threads but they appear to be ignoring us. LOL! It is not getting the best reviews, so maybe we are as well off??

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 11, 11 7:54 AM
peglegann wrote:
snags2 wrote:I just get damaged disk. Contaminated do not run

Never had that before.

Well snags. It looks like it is just you and me. I do not have problems normally either.
A bit curious, the devs have spoken in the other 2 threads but they appear to be ignoring us. LOL! It is not getting the best reviews, so maybe we are as well off??

Hi, peglegann.
I'm not speaking there cause it is rule for developers not because I'm ignoring you. I'm sure bfg's technical support will do best to help you.

Best regards, Eugene.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jan 11, 11 10:31 AM
Having same issue as snags2 and like others have no problem ever normally downloading any BF game?

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jan 12, 11 6:08 AM
Well, this is a first for me! I downloaded the game and the trial is expired! What's going on at Big Fish lately? Nothing but problems with games --what's changed with this site??

Errors, games crashing, etc. This has starting hapening with regular frequency in the past few months.....

sneak
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by sneak on Jan 12, 11 3:04 PM
My game plays fine on Windows 7 but my problem is that the game screen does not fill my monitor screen; I have an inch gap all the way round between the edge of the game screen and the inner edge of the monitor screen and I see no way of changing it sizewise.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Dilana
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dilana on Jan 12, 11 3:48 PM
There must be some serious coding errors in this game. My pc just rebooted itself while I was playing. Then I got the access violation error when I tried to run it again to determine if this was the cause of the reboot.

Too bad, otherwise, it looked promising.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 12, 11 3:56 PM
sneak wrote:My game plays fine on Windows 7 but my problem is that the game screen does not fill my monitor screen; I have an inch gap all the way round between the edge of the game screen and the inner edge of the monitor screen and I see no way of changing it sizewise.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, sneak.
This problem will be solved by update we expect very soon (BFG QA team is already testing it)
Eugene (developer).

sneak
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by sneak on Jan 12, 11 4:40 PM
Good, I'm pleased to hear that because I hate it when my picture doesn't fill the screen.

Great game by the way, very relaxing to play

Thanks.

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jan 13, 11 9:17 PM
Am I the only one with this issue? I've chosen to try the adventure mode first. I followed the first two sets of instructions to make the chains. However, when I try it myself, nothing happens. It won't move any of the balls anywhere. I realize that the remaining balls that need to be collected aren't ones that you just need to move one ball to complete the chain. I can't get a single one to move anywhere after the demo. Would love to be able to give this game a fair shake and review. Any thoughts anyone?

[Post New]by detqueenie on Jan 14, 11 8:54 AM
Hello!

This is such a great, unique game! But...in the higher levels (over 50), the introduction screens to each of the mini games simply gives the file name (such as HOG_3), rather than the character's text. There are also several surprising spelling errors ("stuff" instead of "staff" on the staff screen!).

Still, a very nice new twist!
GL

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Jan 15, 11 2:30 PM
Lesboop wrote:Am I the only one with this issue? I've chosen to try the adventure mode first. I followed the first two sets of instructions to make the chains. However, when I try it myself, nothing happens. It won't move any of the balls anywhere. I realize that the remaining balls that need to be collected aren't ones that you just need to move one ball to complete the chain. I can't get a single one to move anywhere after the demo. Would love to be able to give this game a fair shake and review. Any thoughts anyone?

No, you're not. What is weird is that everything was fine during the Demo, I bought the game, everything was fine the fiirst several times I played, and today when I went to play it I ran into exactly that problem -- when I try to move the balls, nothing happens. The cursor moves but the balls don't follow it. I tried starting a new game, and the balls followed the cursor during the tutorial portion, but when I started actual game play, the cursor once again moved without the balls following. I was checking here to see if anyone else had run into this probem and I see that you have. I'm about to try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps. But unless there is a fix for this somehow, the game is unplayable and that would be a shame as I was really enjoying it.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 2:44:22 PM PST

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Jan 15, 11 3:55 PM
to BobbiH
Please contact BFG's technical support - your bug is probably system or hardware.

Developer.

Access Violation Error

[Post New]by laramthun on Jan 17, 11 11:34 AM
Also have the access violations error. Played the demo and then bought the game. Played several more hours after purchasing the game and had no problems. Then when I went back to continue received the access violation error. After making sure everything was updated, my anti-virus software was temporarily turned off and reinstalling the game, I continued to get the same error. Then on a whim decided to see what happened if I started a new game. Guess what it worked. So the violation error is in reference to trying to open my saved game.

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 11:34:52 AM PST

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Jan 17, 11 12:43 PM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:to BobbiH
Please contact BFG's technical support - your bug is probably system or hardware.

Developer.

I did; haven't heard back from them yet (holiday weekend) but it is neither a system problem nor a hardare problem. I figured out a workaround. For some reason, when you are moving balls in the tutorial you click on the ball and then drag it, and it works. When you move to the regular game, for whatever reason, it requires TWO clicks. You have to click the ball, let it go, and then click on it a second time. You can then drag it. When you use the single click, the cursor and the shadow move but the ball stays put. I don't know why there is a difference or whether or not it is intentional but I am glad I figured it out because I REALLY l.ike this game; it has a wonderful variety of gameplay and really makes you think about your moves, unlike many straight Match 3 Games.

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 12:45:00 PM PST

[Post New]by puppylu2 on Jan 21, 11 10:59 AM
I run Vista and also am having access violations. Seems to happen around level 40ish? Started new game, again around level 40ish. Hope this helps narrow it down for the tech guys.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 24, 11 12:21 AM
I have been playing this game for a couple days now and was really enjoying it, nice graphics and creative play. But tonight it just will not load, I have to restart every time. No error display, just freezes at load screen.

I hope that there is work around or a fix cause I hate to give up on it!
Any suggestions ? I have not had this problem with any BF games before.
Running Windows XP.

thanks.

martian55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by martian55 on Jan 24, 11 2:41 PM
Hexus Error opening “continue Game”

Access violation at 0x0058D7BB tried to read from 0x00000014 program terminated

I have this opening error when I have almost finished the game which I absolutely love!!!

maybe my data is somehow corrupted??? can I fix it or must I start a whole new game????

I have reinstalled the game twice but it as the same problem .. again I have enjoyed the game sooo much Martie

Go to: