bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Planet Horse technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 11, 11 12:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Post any Planet Horse technical issues here only

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 11, 11 9:20 AM
Glitches galore! The horse and rider turn "ghost" at certain places and you have to restart the game. Also, the pace slows to slow motion (I don't mean the intended slo-mo before jumps) and, again, you have to restart it. There is also a weird blue box that will surround the rider during the jump sequences.

Not worth the money until they straighten it out.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Jan 11, 11 10:02 AM
My computer crashed twice just trying to download the game and all progress on the d/l was lost both times. I guess I'm not going to try this one. My computer says a strong NO!

I have tried out the similar game, Ride and really enjoyed it though so I was looking forward to checking this one out.

[Post New]by bridgettb on Jan 12, 11 7:31 PM
We had the same problem as asierrahiker. We actually got it to download but when we tried to play the free hour to see if we liked it, it wouldn't play. It kept going to the screen that said, "You have __ minutes left." Oh well. From what I hear this game has glitches galore. My daughter is bummed though.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Jan 12, 11 8:49 PM
So far the only issue I have is, I can not seem to find where you adjust the volume as the
music is too loud. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Jan 14, 11 2:59 PM
^ I don't think there's any option to turn the music off or down -- that's a really sad oversight on the part of the developer in my opinion :\

Aside from that, the game is really nice and I haven't had a single glitch with it either.

Rhaki
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Rhaki on Jan 15, 11 9:41 PM
My mouse pointer won't show up on this game on one of our computers. It's there - when I move the mouse around, I can occasionally catch something highlighted, but it's a bit like shooting in the dark.

It works on the other computer fine, but unfortunately, not the one we want it to work on. Any thoughts, anyone?

ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ewartman on Jan 17, 11 5:16 AM
This is the first game that has caused a crash for me on BFG. Game froze mid ride

It took two restarts to completely un-freeze my computer, and on the second one windows informed me that my system had just recovered from a "serious error".

Holy cow.

I uninstalled it...no pun intended.

E

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Jan 18, 11 4:23 PM
Rhaki wrote:My mouse pointer won't show up on this game on one of our computers. It's there - when I move the mouse around, I can occasionally catch something highlighted, but it's a bit like shooting in the dark.

It works on the other computer fine, but unfortunately, not the one we want it to work on. Any thoughts, anyone?

I just tried it on my new laptop, which has Win 7, and had the same problem. Haven't tried it in my desktop, which has Vista. Is that the same difference you have?

Also, my new 'puter has widescreen, and the picture was stretched sideways - ick.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Jan 22, 11 4:07 AM
I was really looking forward to a horsey game (at last!) and it looked so good. But then I got up to the cross country (in the trial) and there it just hangs and locks up the whole computer. Forget Control+Escape or the Control+ALT+DEL - only switching off the computer recovers it.

I turn it all back on, and go back into the game. Everything else is ok (except it says I've still got 60 minutes)- but as soon as I go back into that cross country (which I need to progress), it does it all again.

I was very disappointed. Please, please, please someone invent a horsey game you can actually play. This is my second failure in five years (with different computers!).

Horse Lover unquenched
PS if you know of any good horsey games - please let me know!

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Jan 24, 11 2:30 PM
I'm much further in the game (serious competions in both Europe and US) and the pointer suddenly went weird on me. W-a-ay over-sensitive, sticking and then swinging wildly and I keep losing the competitions. What's going on? Everything else has been fine. I have a fairly new laptop with Win 7 and haven't really had any glitches with it till now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 2:31:18 PM PST

[Post New]by fvbabydcuk on Feb 1, 11 6:33 AM
Hi there... I have been with you for awhile now and enjoy all the games. And I enjoy this game, but I have reset my screen resolution to the recommended type, but my mouse will not quit acting weird. It goes all over the page and has the horse following even when I have not chosen an area for it to go. Is there a program I should have updated or loaded to have the mouse behave in the program?? Also the horse kinda moves in a herky jerky way though the screens. Anyway looked at the Help pages first, but can't quite figure it out. I do enjoy the graphics of the game, but would find it I think more enjoyable if it didn't jerk around. Thanks again.

[Post New]by Wiz201 on Feb 2, 11 12:15 PM
Try lowering the graphics, mouse performance should be a lot smoother then. Simple or fast is fine, and graphics look ok.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Feb 4, 11 6:55 PM
Wiz201 wrote:Try lowering the graphics, mouse performance should be a lot smoother then. Simple or fast is fine, and graphics look ok.

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance. Unfortunately your suggestion isn't working and I've tried several combinations. I'm wondering if it's a glitch as it seems to be getting worse. Headed for help pages!

[Post New]by sarchalto on Jun 3, 11 4:39 PM
I am playing this on an 8 year old celeron desktop. For me the best settings are a screen resolution of 800 x 600 and a graphics quality of fastest. Trying other combinations is where I too began having awful problems, some of which have already been talked about by some of you. I'm glad I found what worked best for my computer because I love this game. I was excited to try their other game "Ride" but was terribly dissapointed to find it is controlled by keyboard arrows. With my disabilites I use a rollar-ball mouse because my hands don't work well enough for arrow control. Plus, I want to ride a horse and look at it while doing so, not have to focus on playing games to move the horse. Ah well, I still have my stables on Planet Horse and hope all of you can work out the bugs and enjoy the game too.

[Post New]by sjt218sh on Nov 6, 11 11:39 AM
I don't know if this is a tech issue or not, but on the fourth jump of the first show jumping competition in Europe, my horse just stops. There's no jumping or refusal video, it just gallops up to the jump and stops. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by vivsass on Jun 5, 12 11:56 AM
Hello. My daughter plays this on mac and it comes through perfectly. When I download it onto a PC, the wording is all - well, not words anymore. I've changed my screen resolution, toyed with windows vs. non window, etc. What am I doing wrong? I have Windows XP on both PCs and neither works. Thank you!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 5, 12 12:56 PM
Hi vivsass,

Sometimes out of date drivers or software programs can cause errors like that. I recommend taking a look at our help article here that covers some basic troubleshooting steps you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations on that help article aren't working, please consider contacting our Tech Support team and they'll be able to provide more help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by ameliabrenes5 on Aug 28, 13 10:57 AM
Error code. After it's done being downloaded, I try to open it to play, but it just says the game couldn't launch. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I did that, nothing happened, it keeps saying that. The error code is 900. Thanks!

[Post New]by mushuwasabi on Sep 13, 14 12:02 PM
I've tried downloading Planet Horse (as well as Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown and Wild Thornberrys Australian Wildlife Rescue) several times and I always get an error message. I've tried fixing the issue with everything recommended in the Help section and nothing works. The games were on my computer before, but my stepdad deleted them all for whatever reason and I can't re-download them.

Go to: