Snipis
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

DD comments

[Post New]by Snipis on Jan 11, 11 12:57 PM
The graphics are bad. The scenes are blurry and hard to see. I thought the magnifying glass would be good but unfortunately it just made the blurry scene larger but still blurry. Lost patience and quit playing. No buy for me. A blurry junkpile is just not for me.

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:DD comments

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 11, 11 2:01 PM

This game will not run correctly - it is so large on my screen I cannot even see the option area to choose Windows instead of full screen, if there is one. Resolution sizes I have tried are 1024 x 768 (recommended by Big Fish help section) and 1680 x 1050 (recommended by my monitor / graphics) - there is no difference between the two. I have a 10 month old computer running Windows 7 Home Premium with an HP w2207 monitor, graphics are NVIDIA GE Force GT 1GB GD. Would have liked to buy -- I believe this is another Windows 7 Home Premium compatibility problem so I will not be buying. Anyone else running Windows 7 launch this game successfully? Thanks.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jan 11, 11 4:30 PM
Hi Lynne! I have Windows 7 and the game played for me just fine. It fills my wide screen, and is a little fuzzy, but not too bad. I only played a little while, though. Just thought that I would let you know!

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Jan 11, 11 8:16 PM
Well, I tried this one with some misgivings, based on the other comments, and expected I wouldn't buy it. But I was actually pleasantly surprised. I have an older machine, and XP for my OS, and no wide screen monitor, but the game runs just fine for me, the artwork is crystal clear, and the game is even....fun. Sure it's not one of these big grab-you-by-the-neck ones we've been getting lately, that are so immersive, so great, and fun and just keep you enthralled till the very last minute. It's easy to get spoiled - I know I am. This game, tho, has tools which it points out to you right at the first, tools that are very helpful indeed in locating objects if you need help, and a magnifying glass to look at areas more closely. It has a timed or a relaxed mode. Graphics are more on the style of cartoon, but they're good. I'm enjoying this game, and it's yet another one I would never have encountered were it not for the Daily Deal. Thank you, .

shaggywen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by shaggywen on Jan 11, 11 9:47 PM
I've had this game since the last time it was a DD. It's pure H*O. Not a great game, but it's one that you can play a scene or two whenever you want because there's no storyline or tasks that you have to remember. You race against other imaginary teams, but they don't seem to be very fast, I've never lost to them yet. Adventure or puzzle fans won't care for it, but it might be worth the 2.99 to an H*O fan.

Go to: