bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

New Build for My Tribe - 12/2/08

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Dec 2, 08 1:15 PM
Hello everyone! I thought I'd let you know that recently Big Fish Games released a new build of My Tribe on its website. This new build corrects the issue some users were having with various crashes throughout the game. If you download, and install this new build of the game, the problem should be corrected. If you need further assistance in obtaining a new build of a game, please refer to our help topic entitled Uninstall / Reinstall a Game.

If you continue to have any other technical problems, then I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:New Build for My Tribe - 12/2/08

[Post New]by TxConnie on Dec 2, 08 1:39 PM
Will our progress be saved?

naenae911
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by naenae911 on Dec 2, 08 1:39 PM
Finaly. Maybe that will help with the whole game shutting down when somebody trys to pick an island.

naenae911
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by naenae911 on Dec 2, 08 3:16 PM
OH. I'm sorry. I hope you can get it back to where you were. I totaly think that stinks. Well, good luck.

Daisy67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy67 on Dec 2, 08 9:09 PM
Thank You , its great to play My Tribe with no problems.

whrlwnd
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by whrlwnd on Dec 3, 08 4:32 AM
naenae911 wrote:OH. I'm sorry. I hope you can get it back to where you were. I totaly think that stinks. Well, good luck.

That's nice of you to say. I'm already over my disappointment, and I'm enjoying getting My new Tribe started.

It is great to be able to pause now, which was the main problem I was having w/ the original version. So, all's well that ends well!

[Post New]by MCummings on Dec 3, 08 4:33 PM
So does the new download keep you from getting kicked out all the time? I have had to reboot my system if I go out of the game and then go back in or it kicks me out!

ACK! I dont want to loose my tribe!

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Dec 3, 08 5:10 PM
Let's find out where the game stats are saved. Can anyone tell us for XP Prof? It is really important to save those files so that you can put them back and overwrite after the upgrade is completed.

Maybe someone knows?
thanks

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Dec 4, 08 10:33 AM
According to our tests, you will still have your profile, saved game and settings after you uninstall and reinstall the new version of the game. All of your progress in the games should still remain and you should be able to start off right were you left the game before you upgraded to the new version.

[Post New]by allykat1111 on Dec 4, 08 3:21 PM
I just did the reinstall and lost everything time to start over again

FlorencePS
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FlorencePS on Dec 6, 08 7:26 AM
bfgErie wrote:According to our tests, you will still have your profile, saved game and settings after you uninstall and reinstall the new version of the game. All of your progress in the games should still remain and you should be able to start off right were you left the game before you upgraded to the new version.

Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about, Erie! I just did the reinstall because of your blessing and lost the game I had been playing since the day before Thanksgiving! I would have waited to reinstall when you all were really sure about it saving a user's profile since it was playable, albeit glitchy.

This game should never have been released for purchase until it was fairly foolproof. I am NOT a happy camper.

If there is a fix, I would sure like to know about it.

Edited on 12/06/2008 at 7:27:37 AM PST

FlorencePS
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FlorencePS on Dec 6, 08 8:17 AM
However... I MUST say that the game is playing MUCH better than it was. Much faster and I can play with Special Effects on, so I'm seeing some things (effects) that I didn't see before. Awesome.

Okay, okay, mea culpa, mea culpa. This is MUCH better... I'll live not knowing how my other tribe did, although I was just at the point of sailing off in the boat they had built, but maybe I'll get to that much quicker on this island, since I have an inkling of what I need to do now.

Is this game addicting, or what?!!!

Juniper
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Juniper on Dec 6, 08 8:39 AM
I'm looking forward to playing the upgraded version, but before I install, does anyone know where the game stats are saved? The question was posted up thread but never answered and it sounds like although the new version is great, it still deletes the current game. I'd really, really, like to keep playing with the group I have going right now.

Running Windows XP. Thanks!

[Post New]by amyrenee on Dec 6, 08 1:49 PM
Nice, I lost everything too but had no choice since I could not leave my island for a new one. It just stinks to start over and have to recollect all those science points.

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Glitches

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 11, 08 2:56 PM
Hi All - A couple of things I wanted to mention that while not bad per se, are certainly different .

My primary Camp site: When you select an island, you have the three skins, or whatever they are. Two of mine have disappeared and look like one of my villages each <g>. I got momentarily confused when I couldn't find Hailey to have her open a crate. Then I realized that it was my storage skins transmogrifying <g>

The other glitch frustrates me a little. I made it to my final island, and one of the primary criteria was the presence of the Ever Tree since I intended to build (and have done) the two final towers. However, even though it showed the presence of the Mystery, it wasn't there when I went into close up view. *Whew* It took me a lot of stardust and potions to keep my Tribe supplied in order to finish...

Thanks! Carol

Zephriel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zephriel on Dec 22, 08 5:17 PM
Does the new build exclude Generic.dx? That's the Trojan my machine removed from the MyTribe folder today. I'm not sure if it came in on the download or stuck itself there for some other reason, but it's the first time I've had any virus-related trouble with a Big Fish game.

[Post New]by Gourmetmommy on Dec 22, 08 7:01 PM
where can I get the new Build for MY TRIBE?

re-trojan horse found in my tribe 12/23/08

[Post New]by jdolls4 on Dec 23, 08 7:26 AM
has anyone else had this problem my virus protector removed the game from my computer due ro a trojan horse

[Post New]by spydergyrl on Dec 28, 08 9:40 PM
I've tried re downloading but some reason it still closes down after 3 minutes. I've thrown the game in the trash can (I'm on a mac) a ton of times and emptied it but it still seems to play the original game, with all saved file and all. Can someone help me and let me know why I can't delete it off my mac?

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 3, 09 10:06 PM
As of 1/4 I still have glitches in my game, even after a clean uninstall/install. I used a potion on 1 of my villagers and the entire tribe fell asleep and I had to put them all in the huts and let them sleep it off. On another occasion, a potion caused everyone to freeze for about 10 minutes and then they went about their business. If you choose to reset the trophies in the trophy room, you might as well forget about getting them all again, because all the mysteries still show they are completed and you can't redo them. Same thing for the science points/levels. I feel completely cheated now, since all I need was the '969' year old villager and decided to redo the other trophies while I was waiting for this to happen. The people who make these games should really make sure that there aren't a bunch of glitches in a game before they release it for purchase.

Oh, I do use McAfee, but did the install/install AFTER they fixed the mess they made.

Go to: