bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 12, 11 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jan 12, 11 2:25 AM
"Nothing worth buying"??
The game review site rated Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips 4.5 stars out of 5.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 12, 11 3:49 AM
yes, I know what you mean...it seems like such a long time since a good game came out....i tend to love the HOG but I will try a Time Management now and then...this is not a buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 12, 11 4:35 AM
I loving this game! If you liked the first Airport Mania games, you should like this game too. Of course a buy for me

And a comment to the previous posters: This is only the thread for comments and reviews of Airport Mania, not about other games or other things. If you don`t like tms, you don`t need to post a comment "that you don`t like the game, because you don`t like tms. Thats not a good information for other fishies in the pond, how come only in the review thread to see if a game is good or bad. And btw: This game is GREAT - if you like time management games!

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 4:36:00 AM PST

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Jan 12, 11 4:54 AM
Super excited for this game. I already bought it, I'll get around to actually trying it later today after work.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 12, 11 5:15 AM
The original was one of the first games I bought on BF and I really enjoyed it and got a lot of play but I don't think I ever did play it all the way thru. This looks very much like the first one and I doubt I want another that is too similiar but of course must download before final decision.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Jan 12, 11 5:58 AM
This is similar to the first Airport Mania, but there are other micro-mini games to accomplish while you're helping planes land, gas up and take off. It's like finding the Easter Eggs in the old Atari or early computer games -- you don't know what to look for until you inadvertently click on it, and after you DO click, you spend time trying to find more of them.

Cute game. Still a PITA to get everything to win all the trophies (which is the downside to 99% of games where you can collect trophies), but worth buying.

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Jan 12, 11 6:07 AM
I've been waiting for this sequel for ages. Although it does, for the most part, mimic much of its predecessor, there are enough changes to peak one's interest. Graphics have been enhanced and new money-making challenges have been introduced. If you like T.M.'s and you're an Airport Mania fan, you'll love this one.

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on Jan 12, 11 8:02 AM
I saw that there was a "premium" version for sale- I don't think this is that version... boo- I wanted to go to Mars, but I'd rather use one of my credits. Regardless, I can't WAIT to play this. Airport Mania just cracks me up!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 12, 11 8:13 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I loving this game! If you liked the first Airport Mania games, you should like this game too. Of course a buy for me

And a comment to the previous posters: This is only the thread for comments and reviews of Airport Mania, not about other games or other things. If you don`t like tms, you don`t need to post a comment "that you don`t like the game, because you don`t like tms. Thats not a good information for other fishies in the pond, how come only in the review thread to see if a game is good or bad. And btw: This game is GREAT - if you like time management games!
You are absolutely right, I'm not too keen on TM, particularly this one but I thought there was no offense mentioning another game on a forum as long as it was a game. A bit touchy about TM's games ?

Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Leaty on Jan 12, 11 8:54 AM
Poutoule wrote:You are absolutely right, I'm not too keen on TM, particularly this one but I thought there was no offense mentioning another game on a forum as long as it was a game. A bit touchy about TM's games ?

Why is it so hard to understand, that people expecting in a "comments and reviews for game X" .... well, comments and reviews for that game? And not the currently emotional status of gamer Z?

Besides you might want to read the top posting in this thread from bfgImbrium, especially the "For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum" part....

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Jan 12, 11 9:02 AM
I am a big fan of the first Airport Mania, so I was pleased to see a sequel. I have to say, though, after playing completely through the first stage, that so far there is very little difference from the first game. Aside from a couple of extra mini-games to notice during the levels (involving a rabbit and some balloons), it feels mostly like I am replaying a game I have already.

For those who have purchased the game and played farther along, is it really different enough to be worth buying? I have played through half my trial and plan to finish out the hour, but I'm not sure I'll buy the game.

Again - as a stand-alone game, I would say a big thumbs-up. Good strategy involved, clever easter eggs, and a reasonable difficultly that stems from the need for planning, as opposed to frantic clicking on things (the helicopter aside, but that's optional). I'm just not seeing enough differences from the first game, yet.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 12, 11 9:05 AM
Poutoule wrote:
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I loving this game! If you liked the first Airport Mania games, you should like this game too. Of course a buy for me

You are absolutely right, I'm not too keen on TM, particularly this one but I thought there was no offense mentioning another game on a forum as long as it was a game. A bit touchy about TM's games ?

As Poutoule stated a bit touchy aren't you? This is a Comments thread after all and she was posting her comment. I personally don't like tm's myself. Just cause you do Eisteepfirsich, doesn't mean she can't give her comments at all. BFG says they like all comments and reviews whether their good or bad.

[Post New]by game_fanatic on Jan 12, 11 9:15 AM
As Poutoule stated a bit touchy aren't you? This is a Comments thread after all and she was posting her comment. I personally don't like tm's myself. Just cause you do Eisteepfirsich, doesn't mean she can't give her comments at all. BFG says they like all comments and reviews whether their good or bad.

This is true, but they want it to be about the game that the thread was started for.

ETA... I really loved the first one and am definitely going to give this one a try.

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 9:18:01 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jan 12, 11 9:28 AM
I appreciate people giving their reviews but I am like the other lady, if you DO NOT LIKE TM games, then please, just give your reviews on your kind of games. You are not putting in the asked for "Spoiler Alert" either.
I do not go to HOG games, if.... and it is a big IF, to play and then give a crummy report because that is not my genre of games.
I know you would not like it, if I went to one of your favorite genres, and said "oh dear, not a buy for me, because I really don't like this type of game"
so please, if not your genre don't give an opinion.
Thank you and no hard feelings.

Now off to play The new airport mania 2

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 12, 11 10:25 AM
Here we go again, a kids game, you have too many of them and they should have their own site. I don't even look at them for they are boring & would take up my time when could go to another site.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jan 12, 11 11:14 AM
VTCT wrote:Here we go again, a kids game, you have too many of them and they should have their own site. I don't even look at them for they are boring & would take up my time when could go to another site.

Guess I am a kid at heart then, cause I love it!!

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 12, 11 1:41 PM
Poutoule wrote:

Hi Poutoule and sassylassie....I don't think anyone is being a, "bit touchy", simply stating what bfgImbrium said in their opening thread....maybe one of the Mod.s need to come back and explain it again for those that didn't understand what was posted? "bfgImbrium..."Hey Fishies! What do you think of Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips?" "For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here." To me, that last part, pretty much sums it up and I think was put in here in hopes that others wouldn't come in here to say they don't like this type of game and then others taking offense to what was said. It seems like it happen in another thread awhile back...on a H. O. game and some didn't like others posting about them not liking H. O. games...so I can see why the Mod. posted that. My favorite type games are Strategy, but I also like TM and IHOGs. Haven't tried this one yet but will.

Take care all~

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Jan 12, 11 1:47 PM
Spoilers ahead........I have had this game for a few weeks and I love it. This is not a kids game. In a lot of levels you really have to have all the upgrades to get through a level. It is not that easy keeping those planes happy. I find the older game a little harder only because of the lack of upgrades it has. This one adds a few so it is easier to make the money you need. There is a shower upgrade that is very important. If you wash a dirty plane you can get upwards to from 2000 to 10,000 bucks. Also instead of just having a helicopter drop money there are other ways of making money. You also have some interesting background stuff going on. The airports actually progress into outer-space and there is space monsters you need to destroy. One of the levels is along the Nile and if you touch the rhinoceros while he is floating down the river when he is close to the monkey's see what happens. Also there is a extra chore in the airports. You have a separate place you have to add packages. Another way to make more money if you juggle the planes correctly.

Also there is place under the troubleshooting menu that you can change all of the colors of the planes from level to level or even during a level. I'm telling you where it is at because I didn't find it until I looked under troubleshooting just for the heck of it.

Anybody who believes this is a kids game hasn't gotten through too many levels and are fooled by the kiddie airplanes. But those airplane faces are very important to look at because they tell you right off when you better get a plane in and out. They look grumpy even if they are early or on time. It is hilarious. Oh and they still sing Tom's Diner like the first version. The game is great. But make sure you get all of the upgrades including the new long range radar because that is very important for painting planes. Which you have to do along with the shower if you are going to get through a lot of the levels.

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Jan 12, 11 1:53 PM
kempette wrote:I saw that there was a "premium" version for sale- I don't think this is that version... boo- I wanted to go to Mars, but I'd rather use one of my credits. Regardless, I can't WAIT to play this. Airport Mania just cracks me up!

I have the Premium version. I didn't know the difference between this version and that. So you are saying in this version the planes do not turn into space ships and go into outer-space.? If not get the Premium version. I am not really into getting premium versions but this one you are missing two big levels. I can tell you where to get it but I am sure Big Fish will not like it..

Go to: