bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Trivia Golf

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 12, 11 12:15 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Trivia Golf? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Trivia Golf

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jan 12, 11 2:28 AM
I really wanted to like this game but the pacing is just too slow for me. A single game was over thirty minutes.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 12, 11 5:24 AM
First - Last No matter No buy for me here. But try it YOU might like it.

outpost5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by outpost5 on Jan 12, 11 7:08 AM
hmmmm. Well first thing I did was turn the music off. The concept is unique. It's more trivia game then golf game though. If you are a whiz at bizarre obscure trivia tidbits you will do good on the golf - its just a matter of how fast you answer them how good the ball does. I like to think I am a little above average on trivia, but some of those questions I had no clue...and some of the match-up (when you putt) I had no idea how a) = b).

The game is a little slow going - 18 holes would have used up my hour.

Not sure I will buy but its "different" then just another hidden object game, and trivia nuts will like it I bet.

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 7:08:58 AM PST

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on Jan 12, 11 11:14 AM
I love trivia but I dont know much about golf so that was not a pull for me. Cartoonish graphics and extremely slow gameplay had me very impatient. Also, missed a good putt because custom cursor was very sluggish and erratic. Sorry devs, no buy for me

Peach

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jan 12, 11 12:38 PM
I agree that this moves very slowly, and I also saw at least one question repeated during the 30 minutes I played--makes me wonder how many questions there are in the database! Not a buy for me, though I do usually enjoy trivia games.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 12, 11 1:56 PM
The graphics were okay. The gameplay is rather different. There is choosing the direction of the ball and then which club. Finally when you swing you are given a trival question. I can't tell which conditions give you a hook or a slice, but a good hit will happen when you get the answer correct. Putting involves matching word pairs, ie, McDonalds - Burger King or Swallowtail - Monarch. Two fast food chains and two types of butterfly. The game is rather slow.

This game is a C.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 13, 11 10:54 AM
I have tried the trial time, but don`t want to buy it. But I think if you are a big golf fan, this could be a good game for you. Happy gaming

Your Comments and Reviews for Trivia Golf

[Post New]by nats22foryou on Jan 14, 11 1:08 PM
I did buy this game and i've made it to the third golf area. it's been okay. the same questions keep popping up eventually. On the golf side of things... well there are some shots that make you pass the hole. ( Can fine tune it) and alot of the time i was like that ball should have gone in the hole. I've learned alot of wordly facts playing this game but is not my favorite.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Jan 15, 11 9:27 AM
Wanted to love it as I love trivia and enjoy computer golf games but this mix of the two just didn't work for me. The golf part is not very well done or very fun to play. The tirvia part had a pretty good mix but the two just didn't go together well at all and the golf part was just not worth it for me.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jan 26, 11 10:20 PM
I expected a unique trivia game, but I felt like all I did was watch a golfball slowly roll around the course.

Overall: D ... Decent concept, bad execution. (Extra points because the rabbit was cute.)

[Post New]by WanderingPenguin on Feb 3, 11 2:41 PM
I really was excited to try this game. I love trivia games and thought the golf twist might make it more fun. As it turned out, the golf part was the best part of this game - and that wasn't very good.

First of all, it's very UK-centric which makes some of the questions virtually impossible for North Americans to answer. Secondly, when you get a question wrong it doesn't tell you what the RIGHT answer is. I guess that works out well when there's a limited question pile for the game, but it's not much fun to never find out what you've done wrong. Thirdly, there doesn't seem to be much (or any) correlation between the wrong answer you have chosen and what direction the ball will shoot off into (shank, slice, hook, whatever).

But worst of all are the spelling mistakes. Oh. My. Goodness. This is supposed to be a game that challenges your intelligence. How is it possible to spell so many things wrong in a game like this? That was the worst of all.

So....cute idea done poorly. No sell.

Go to: