bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 13, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars forum

[Post New]by MerryMaryQC on Jan 13, 11 5:06 AM
What gives? Twenty minutes into the demo I opened the door in the area with the broken boat and the game ended when I tried to go through the door. Is that the end of the demo or did I do something wrong?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 13, 11 7:16 AM
MerryMaryQC wrote:What gives? Twenty minutes into the demo I opened the door in the area with the broken boat and the game ended when I tried to go through the door. Is that the end of the demo or did I do something wrong?

Welcome to the Pond
It could be the end of the sample, but as the other threads say, it appears to be a long game. I did not complete the demo, I just bought after a few minutes. Have fun!!

[Post New]by laffarsmith on Jan 14, 11 1:10 AM
You did well. It did that to me at about 45 minutes into the demo. I thought it was a glitch so I reloaded but it did it again. I guessed that was the end point in the demo game so I bought it and it proceeded after that. Good luck with the game

[Post New]by dooslola on Jan 14, 11 6:13 AM
This happened to me as well, while playing the demo for about 30 min. I tried over and over again going through that door in the area with the broken boat, but time and again it ended up with the 'trailer'. I dont know if I like this game enough to buy it, but I seem to have no choice if I want to learn a little more. The girl irritated me a bit and she is so slow. Anybody found out how to speed her up? Dubble-clicking didn't work. The puzzles are not very complicated so far; pity, for I hoped for something like Syberia or Path of the Dragon. I'm dying for a game like that, a real challenge.

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 18, 11 3:29 AM
dooslola wrote:This happened to me as well, while playing the demo for about 30 min. I tried over and over again going through that door in the area with the broken boat, but time and again it ended up with the 'trailer'. I dont know if I like this game enough to buy it, but I seem to have no choice if I want to learn a little more. The girl irritated me a bit and she is so slow. Anybody found out how to speed her up? Dubble-clicking didn't work. The puzzles are not very complicated so far; pity, for I hoped for something like Syberia or Path of the Dragon. I'm dying for a game like that, a real challenge.

Hi dooslola!
The demo you played is part of an additional chapter which was added on to this game, many years after its original release. I'm guessing from peoples reactions and what I have seen of it, that puzzles in this chapter are fairly easy to solve. I can assure you that things get a lot more complicated and difficult later in the game, once you start playing as the character George Stobbart.
You must rely on your intelligence, your detective abilities and on some occasions, your reflexes!
This is an absolutely enchanting game and I highly recommend that you give it a try.
Much as I love games such as Syberia, The broken sword was the benchmark for which I compared it to. To me, the Broken Sword is my favourite adventure game, and I have yet to find a game to conquer it completely

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by KalilaRN on Jan 23, 11 9:04 AM
I'm stuck in the cave in Syria. I have looked at the dead body, the statue with three heads and the plaque in the left corner, all several times. The door doesn't open, and nothing happens. What am I missing?

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jan 28, 11 12:14 PM
KalilaRN wrote:I'm stuck in the cave in Syria. I have looked at the dead body, the statue with three heads and the plaque in the left corner, all several times. The door doesn't open, and nothing happens. What am I missing?

Hi KalilaRN, all you have to do is 'right click' on the statue of Baphomet.

Happy gaming!

And remember: Whenever you are stuck or need a little more info on an item or a person, 'right click' on them.

[Post New]by donnajosh on Feb 28, 11 10:38 PM
im stuck trying to decifer the note, first word is pierre but im still stuck pls help

[Post New]by dlsayremn on Apr 7, 11 7:59 AM
Stuck trying to open the safe in the state room at quay. Have key with scales and sword, but every time I try to use it she just walks away and shrugs her sholuders. Any ideas as t what I am doing wrong?

Found correct place for this.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 8:44:22 AM PST

jade7249
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

****************************************************************************************************

[Post New]by jade7249 on Jan 30, 12 4:33 AM
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************I************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************love************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************this************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************game************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************I************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************have************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************been************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************playing************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************it************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************for************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************years************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************there************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************are************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************more************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************versions************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************of************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************it************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************and************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************cant************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************wait************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************for************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************BF************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************to************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************release************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************ ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************them************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Oct 7, 12 12:46 AM
Second time going back to the quayside ante chamber I cannot put the crushed shell case into the cross. She keeps saying "Ah, no." Can anyone help?

Nevermind, I wasn't using the item correctly.

Edited on 10/12/2012 at 9:36:04 AM PST

Go to: