bfgFlounder
9,504 Posts

Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 13, 11 3:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Jan 13, 11 6:12 AM
Game came up saying "Missing or broken OpenGL drivers...". Never seen this message bfore. Game will not run. My system is fine (can play all other games).

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 13, 11 9:28 AM
Hi Lime_Cordial!

The Missing or broken OpenGL drivers message that you've encountered usually shows up if there is a conflict between the game and your current video card drivers.

Updating your drivers will usually resolve this. More information can be found in our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article, or please contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to help.

They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by chall2613 on Jan 13, 11 10:25 AM
I downloaded trial version and when attempted to play I got the dreaded BLUE SCREEN.
uninstalled and tried again same thing happened. What do I look for in the help files to correct this?

janspack
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 13, 11 12:02 PM
I've been playing this game for several hours (and really enjoying it). I have been saving fairly regularly all through the game but now, the save button is "greyed" out and it won't let me save any more.

I've just had to go back several hours after quitting the game when I had to stop playing for a while. Can anyone help with this issue please? Is it something I've done?

crenita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by crenita on Jan 13, 11 1:02 PM
Getting that same error message...

Missing or broken OpenGL drivers..... now what ????????????????

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Jan 13, 11 1:10 PM
I just downloaded the game and when I opened it I gota black screen. I could hear the music playing, but the game never was visible. I hope this can be corrected, it looked like an interesting game.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,881 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 13, 11 2:40 PM
crenita wrote:Getting that same error message...

Missing or broken OpenGL drivers..... now what ????????????????

I have the same message and I know that my drivers are updated

So I uninstalled the game ....

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on Jan 13, 11 4:43 PM
I loaded the game at lunch time before going to work, went to play now to find trial has expired, unless the dogs have access to my laptop and it's passwords then there is no one else here to have played it.

Rhona

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Metamorph on Jan 13, 11 10:37 PM
I downloaded the game and it says my time is up and I haven't even launched it yet. What do I do now?

[Post New]by ronniek on Jan 14, 11 6:30 AM
I did not get as far as this. I could not even install the game as
" The installer could not write files to games directory location that I have chosen on drive C. 769-1001"
I have downloaded another game since, which has installed fine so I don't know what the problem is?

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Jan 14, 11 2:57 PM
I have tried twice now to install this game but with no success. Each time I try to open it I get the following Error message-
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version.
File "Open AL32.dll", error 126.
Just after the game has loaded I get a notification that some software is waiting for me to ok it to be installed. The information given included a disclaimer that the software may be corrupt, carry a virus/ Trojan etc. Obviously I chose to cancel but it came up with the same message on each occasion- that the software has already been installed. Thankfully a full security check proved to be ok but this type of incident disturbs me greatly.
I have never had this type of problem before. Are the two incidents related or just a coincidence? Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jan 14, 11 3:27 PM
Download issues "Missing or Broken DL drivers . . . . . . . . . . . . ." No issues with other games.

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Jan 14, 11 7:35 PM
I have the same problem as SR13.... did not want the add on, so cancelled, and also got the message about the corrupt files and deleted game, but now it says in my control panel that there was a problem deleting all the files....

[Post New]by Jerikaz on Jan 15, 11 2:38 AM
I too have the same problem as SR13.
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version.
File "Open AL32.dll", error 126.

I've emailed Big Fish and will post their response.

I am concerned that this software installation popped up on my screen. Of course I refused it, as it didn't look as if it was connected to the game. Even if it was needed to play the game, I thought that Big Fish gave a guarantee about being virus free!

Update 17.1.11

See response from Big Fish Customer Services about the above.

"I tried downloading the 1 hour trial for Broken Sword - The Shadow of the Templars to see if I could get the same pop-up, and I did, so now I am sure of what you are seeing.

OpenAL is a tool we use in some of our games to improve the gameplay. In this case, it is a tool that helps create a 3D audio environment. It is a program like Flash, or Java, and it does need to be installed for the game to work properly.

When I read over the user agreement, it sounds pretty typical. While it does say that Creative Labs, Inc isn't responsible if some "malicious code' is installed on your computer, we would not require you to download something if we were not confident that it would be virus and malware free.

You can install OpenAL safely onto your computer, but if you are still uncomfortable and don't want to proceed, I completely understand."

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 7:26:27 AM PST

time4t
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by time4t on Jan 15, 11 1:51 PM
The game started up and had all the usual information until I began to play--the graphics disappeared except for blue circles and the gear cursor and half a door and half a window. Went through the door hoping the graphics would appear. White screen and blue circles and gear.

Laura29
Clownfish
Clownfish
832 Posts

[Post New]by Laura29 on Jan 15, 11 8:33 PM
I also got the "trial expired" message right after I downloaded it, and hadn't even launched the game. Might contact Customer Service about it; maybe they can help me.

[Post New]by noillem on Jan 15, 11 10:07 PM
My problem was that the game would just start and then cause a restart on my PC. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times with exactly the same problem - always caused a restart (known as "Blue Screen" for Windows XP.)

xansaunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by xansaunt on Jan 16, 11 2:57 PM
There is a glitch at the cave at bull head hill, I have done all three tasks and collected the lens but Kahn does not show up so now I am trapped in cave. The walkthrough states that he opens the cave door after you have completed tasks. Please let me know how to fix this.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,337 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 16, 11 3:02 PM
xansaunt wrote:There is a glitch at the cave at bull head hill, I have done all three tasks and collected the lens but Kahn does not show up so now I am trapped in cave. The walkthrough states that he opens the cave door after you have completed tasks. Please let me know how to fix this.
Did you right-click the statue, not just left click? That's what worked for me.

Go to: