bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for TV Manager 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 13, 11 3:22 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of TV Manager 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for TV Manager 2

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 13, 11 5:00 AM
When I saw this in my email I thought YUCK. But after coming here to the BF site and taking a closer look think I'll download and give it the old once over. Why Not?

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 13, 11 5:47 AM
The graphics are okay. The gameplay is different. This game requires some major thought. One has to plan programming and advertisements to fit each timeslot and audience. I can't figure it out without going broke, but I will keep trying.

This game is a B.

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Jan 13, 11 8:12 AM
This game is a nice change from HOG and TM games. It doesnt have a timer so you can take your time planning without pressure. The instructions are not very detailed but it will give you the basic idea of the game. You really have to play for a bit to figure out what your doing, but once you get the hang of it start a new game and it is fun yet challenging!

TIP: use the stock market (phone) early on to get some extra cash.

Info that the tutorial doesn't include but should:

in the movie section the blue boxes are series that last several days in a row, those spots will be automatically filled until they expire.

advertising will use 2 spots for each one you successfully fill.

the stock market lets you purchase 100 stocks at a time.

watch your audience carefully to see what time each group is watching.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 13, 11 9:24 AM
I have tried this game but do not understand the first thing about how to play it. I followed all the instructions in the tutorial but do not see a thing to do. I will try the tips furnished above and try to finish the hour trial as it appears it could be fun. Too bad the gamers that made this one didn't do a better job of presentation.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 13, 11 11:32 AM
A good game idea with a average game presentation. No buy for me

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Jan 13, 11 1:04 PM
Gave it a try out of boredom, deleted after 11 minutes, probably would have been an alright premises but the way it was done, just wasn't fun, and what little tutorial there was didn't really help to give you much of an idea of what would go over better.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 13, 11 6:51 PM
Didn't have a clue as to what I was doing but now that I have finished the hour trial think I could manage to play BUT still don't see that it would be interesting. The developers need to know to give MUCH better tutorials next time.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jan 13, 11 11:03 PM
I can see where after a few days of this it might get old but honestly I'm loving it. I only buy Time Management/Strategy/Tycoon type of games so this was right up my alley.
The game play seems extremely simple and it's very repetative but then so are most of the "Tycoon" types. The thing is nothing is simple about it. It's actually a real "thinking" challenge where you have to strategize.
I have been unable to "win" a round yet and I've switched to long so I could have more time to "learn" what is working versus what isn't.
I was doing okay and it crashed on me but my computer isn't new and has a lot of problems with various games so I don't think this was the game's fault. My advice would be to go ahead and save every so often as this one won't automatically do that for you.
I also see a lot of "replay ability" with this one. There are three or four different types of game you can learn to beat, and there's no guarentee you can beat it repeatedly until you actually memorize a strategy that works every single time.

Your Comments and Reviews for TV Manager 2

[Post New]by nats22foryou on Jan 14, 11 1:04 PM
game is not working right for me.

Xmun
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Xmun on Jan 23, 11 2:17 PM
I like these games so I bought the whole package.
If anyone has tried the custom scenarios I have a question.

I customized all of the ads and started a custom game and all of the original ads are there, but none of my modifications.

I will play further to see if they show up at a later stage,but I'm worried that the expansion may not be working correctly..anyone else had this ?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 26, 11 5:32 AM
whoa... first word: scary...

lots to look at and figure out and plan and correct... the tutorial was a little helpful in giving you the basics and, of course, telling you to read the manual... a little like hermione and A History of Hogwarts or the warehouse 13 crew getting after pete about the farnsworth...

anyway... from someone who understands the workings of a TV schedule... it's fairly easy to put your cartoony stuff where kids will be up and watching it... soaps come on in the middle of the afternoon... action movies and sports in the evening... news at 6... wrong! i lost so much money in the first two turns that i seriously wondered if i was going to lose my shirt whaddya mean you see no future for my studio?

i even sorted the ads so that i was advertising the right products with the right shows and audiences... but since you have to reach so many viewers before the ads pay off... i was just forking it out and out and out... lost $2.5 billion and said - i need a new strategy...

but then i asked myself - am i having enough fun to rethink this whole thing and actually read the manual? or should i just pack it in?

it's an interesting and very quirky game... lots of effort for such a small group, you have to applaud that... i just think it may be something that i will revisit in the future but pass on today...

happy programming

Go to: