bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for AGON - The London Scene

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 13, 11 3:26 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of AGON - The London Scene? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for AGON - The London Scene

[Post New]by coynemom on Jan 14, 11 5:21 PM
cant believe u charged for this

Bhung
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Bhung on Jan 23, 11 3:16 PM
Wished I had of known it was only part 1. Is Lapland to Madagascar all the rest or are there more episodes??? Certainly not worth the cost!!!!

PetMice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by PetMice on Jan 26, 11 4:35 AM
Well..what can I say? I had just translated the first of what I thought would be at least 13 stones and was on my way to what I thought was my first destination of many and it ended!!!!! I was actually shocked and double checked that I had in fact downloaded the full game and wasn't just playing the free trial. It was the full game.

I have downloaded many games from you guys and this was my first disappointment, if it had been my first I doubt if I would have bought any more...so first time buyer beware.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Mar 24, 11 5:30 PM
PetMice,
This is not one game with 14 destinations, but the first episode of a series of games (and the series is planned for 14 games). The second and third are AGON - From Lapland to Madagascar. Much longer than the first part and you earn two stones there.

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Mar 25, 11 8:05 AM
WAY too short. Story led us to believe there were more destinations - then the game just ended. Glad I only paid the 2.99 special.

Also, I got tired of going upstairs, then downstairs, then up, then down, etc. I like puzzles and challenges, but this got boring.

PurpleKid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by PurpleKid on Mar 25, 11 1:23 PM
I enjoyed playing this game; however I agree that it ended way too quickly. I'm glad I only paid 2.99 but I still feel cheated and like I didn't get a full game for the price. Nice building up to continuation of the adventure and it ends... Even though I enjoyed this game; I will not be buying any others of the series, regardless of price, as they will most likely be the same EXTREMELY short game.

One last comment, controls were ok (once I figured them out) but the up/down stairs with having to constantly turn around and continue up or down was annoying. It would have been nice if once starting up the stairs I was asked what floor to go to and I'm there or something. Plus, why have the floors in between if I cannot explore them!

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Mar 25, 11 2:11 PM
PurpleKid wrote:...Even though I enjoyed this game; I will not be buying any others of the series, regardless of price, as they will most likely be the same EXTREMELY short game.

One last comment, controls were ok (once I figured them out) but the up/down stairs with having to constantly turn around and continue up or down was annoying. It would have been nice if once starting up the stairs I was asked what floor to go to and I'm there or something. Plus, why have the floors in between if I cannot explore them!

PurpleKid,
this is a very good comment on the stair issue - yes, it has been discussed over and over in the adventure game community too. But this is quite a classic game made in 2003 when considerations were different and more focus was on reality. The subsequent parts have improved a lot in this respect.

And no, the next part is not as short as this one. It is AGON 2-3 From Lapland to Madagascar, 2 (longer) episodes in a bundle. And with many puzzles.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 2:12:47 PM PST

Your Comments and Reviews for AGON - The London Scene

[Post New]by margieleernma on Mar 26, 11 7:42 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of AGON - The London Scene? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/137318.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by margieleernma on Mar 26, 11 8:04 PM
First post anywhere ever. Lover of Adventure Games This was the worst ripoff ever. Believe anyone who paid for this game should get a free credit from BigFish Games - have been so pleased with them and their products up til now - am very happy I ony paid $2.99 but feel I was still cheated. Graphics great which was my enticement to buy - also not just an object game. Game exceedingly short - deciphering of Runes puzzle extremely difficult and I like challenges - still playing some large file adventure games from the past. Still feel overall that BigFish games is the way to go - but not sure I can trust Felix (the cat I assume) on his recommendations.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 27, 11 1:48 PM
Welcome to the pond margieleernma! i only lasted ONE MINUTE! I couldn't figure out how the game worked! Was frustrated that they didn't even ask you if you needed help. Went to the menu and thats when it also informed me that it was keyboard driven instead of mouse and that was enough for me. Glad I didn't bother.

Lean

Mum22
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Mum22 on Jun 7, 11 1:56 PM
This is my first 360* game. It took me awhile to get a handle on moving the mouse. Still don't have it down, but I like the slower pace of this game. I also like all the reading and talking, and how I hit "dead ends". I like being able to explore even if it doesn't result in a clue. Yes, it isn't really clear at first, and you have to approach the desk from the right angle to read the clues - but I found the guard by accident. So far it has taken me longer than other "adventure" and "hidden object" games I play - and that is worth the $6.99 to me.

My only complaint is that it would be nice to have an "onscreen" notebook to put clues in like the phone numbers etc - but other adventure games I play have the same issue.

Anyway - I give it a 4 stars (out of 5) - one star minus for lack of telling us who we are (had to read a bit up on that) and iffy maneuverability.....still getting "stuck" in corners.

[Post New]by fraggle66 on Jun 28, 11 10:27 AM
I wish you would stop putting short games in the large file lists, It is extremley annoying , this is the second time I have paid for a game that I believed to be large file and they were some of the shortest games I have ever played from BFG. Really not happy

Don't buy it! Only ONE HOUR OF GAME PLAY!!!!

[Post New]by Madhouse000 on Sep 15, 11 10:53 PM
Should not have been sold as a complete game. Should have been tacked on to the next installment with Lapland and Madagascar. I feel cheated and I'm going to contact customer service. Shame on you, BF Games. You really needed my 7 dollars that badly????

JoMed
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Don't buy it! Only ONE HOUR OF GAME PLAY!!!!

[Post New]by JoMed on Sep 25, 11 10:24 AM
Madhouse000 wrote:Should not have been sold as a complete game. Should have been tacked on to the next installment with Lapland and Madagascar. I feel cheated and I'm going to contact customer service. Shame on you, BF Games. You really needed my 7 dollars that badly????

Totally agree with this post. I bought and played Agon the sword of Toledo first because I didn't know at the time that it was part of a series. That game was excellent - very long, full of interesting and challenging puzzles so I assumed this would be the same. When I began playing the London Scene I thought - yes its going to be a great game. When it finished abruptly I couldn't believe it - kept trying to continue the game but it just started a new one so I came here to find out if that was all there was to it.

It really should have been marketed as a taster game that encouraged people to buy the rest of the series instead of purporting to be a game in its own right. In fact this was purely an intro. On the strength of Sword of Toledo I bought this game and the Lapland episode thinking I had a great stretch of gaming in front of me. Oh Big Fish I used up a game credit on this so this is the first time I have been truly disappointed in your service.

[Post New]by elisabethpt on Oct 30, 11 8:08 PM
Wow I thought this game was going to be a pretty cool one. I paid 4.99 for it! It took me all of 3 hours, thank God I didn't use any cheats. BF REALLY should put that this is one in a series on the game's info page. I'm used to playing games that take days, even weeks if I try not to use helps. This was ridiculously short!!! If it was just bundled with the other parts it would be fair to the pricing and comperable to the other large file adventure games. I actually enjoyed it but felt like I paid for a ride on the carousel that just went around once.

[Post New]by kwilkinson29 on Mar 31, 12 9:00 AM
I wish i would i have checked the forum first! this took me about an hour and i paid the full price!!! 7 bucks!! I feel completely ripped off!!!!

Go to: