DD Reviews Jan 14th 2011

DD Reviews Jan 14th 2011

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jan 14, 11 12:23 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here after reading the reviews from when it first came out and say no ones going to buy this DD lol.

1) I dislike silhouette H0s.
2) The story and graphics look like a kids game.
3)Seen a few posts say some bugs, H0s off screen and unable to finish game.

No buy for me. Thanks for saving my again since things are tight right now.

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 12:24:15 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:DD Reviews Jan 14th 2011

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 14, 11 1:42 AM
I played the hour demo. It's a straight HOG. I enjoyed the artwork, and some of the mini-games, but I did not enjoy finding the hidden objects. They are often small and often colored to match their backgrounds. (However, at least I wasn't asked to find any crowbars, boomerangs, elephants, or umbrellas.) So I don't plan to buy this one. I'm sorta glad I played the demo though.

You can play on Easy, Medium, or Difficult. I think difficult gives names of the items, medium gives silhouettes, and Easy, which is what I played, shows color pictures of the exact item. The number of hints is fixed, but you gain some as you move through the game. I tried out the hints on the first scene and got stuck on the second one, so I started over with a new player name and was more careful that time lol.

The puzzle mini-games are like stained glass with the frames showing, so you fit the pieces by shape as much as by the picture. Very pretty! I was liking them until there were a few too many of them too close together.

There was another mini game where you have to put some things in a certain order. The first one like that was very easy to figure out. But by the end of the demo, I managed to do one that I'm not sure still what the pattern might have been - I solved it by looking at the roses open or closed below the scene and by listening to the sounds when I exchanged items. So that was a different sort of challenge than I'm used to.

I liked the music initially, but I guess it's on too short a loop because it drove me nuts quickly. The style of it seemed nice though.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Jan 14, 11 2:18 AM
I think I might have liked this game, even though the fairy talked to me like I was 6 years old, but there were some distracting, random sparkles in the background of each scene and they were driving me crazy!

These days, sparkles usually mean hints, but these were just random single lights that flashed here and there throughout the scene.

If it wasn't for that, I thought the "find the picture" a nice change from the words. Items weren't all that easy to find and the art work was pretty. If it wasn't for those darn sparkles, I'd still be playing!

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Jan 14, 11 2:27 AM
WOW!! What a mess!! The HOs are not just small, they are microscopic! The over-all graphic's reminded me of sloppy water color work (the colors running together). I had to turn the music off - it was the same 2 or 3 cords over and over! The pickings with BF have certainly been slim to none lately. They have released several good games in the past 2 - 3 months, but every one of them are collectors edition games. Come on Big Fish you have had thousands of good, loyal customers for a lot of years now. Please, don't take them for granted!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 14, 11 4:24 AM
Hey ebec - remember, the daily deals are the $3 bargain basement here at BF... We're lucky the games even run lol...

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 14, 11 5:26 AM
Played the demo some time ago and still remember how terrible and frustrating it was. I stiil have time left but this game doesn't deserve a second chance. i love Fairies and wanted to like it but the hidden objects were next to impossible to find. Not even for free.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 14, 11 7:05 AM
I really like fairys and hogs, but the objects are way to hard to find, even for those who have 20/20. I really like the theme and graphics and ease of it,but I can't see the objects. There much to muddled and muted. I was so hoping for a DD.
I need to fill my punch cards. I wish I didn't have to pass on this one, but I'm hog tied, and thrown in the sty. lol

I'd rate this: TROTTER

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. Your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.

PORK BELLY:
Likable game. For some, but not for everyone.

TROTTER:
Bad game. Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd. Bad, Bad game, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.

' '
(o)

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jan 14, 11 7:32 AM
I played for 15 minutes and deleted. I could hardly see items even on Easyl

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 14, 11 7:38 AM
Sad, I complain and plead for some 'lighter-themed' IH0Gs,instead of all the murder, ghosts,hauntings, evil spirits,and witches themes, and this is the kind of quality we get offered! NO BUY,NO WAY!

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 7:40:50 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 14, 11 9:25 AM
Yeah, I'm frustrated with this one too. I started out in medium mode, but it was almost impossible to find some objects, so I switched to easy. That was better, but then I got stuck on a puzzle and there was no explantion of how it worked, so I guess I give up. I thought this would be a winner for sure, but I see others have crossed it off too. Even at $2.99, it is no bargin.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Jan 14, 11 10:12 AM
Yeah...what everyone else said. I found that not only were the graphics "microscopic" they were poorly rendered; I spent 10 minutes looking for a grey blueberry that turned out to be a grey soccer ball. This game is headache inducing- from the monotonous flute music, to the "find the correct order" mini-game that gives you little to go on in doing so other than music notes and roses at the bottem of the screen that signal a wrong or right move. I don't like handing out negative reviews but this one kind of deserves it. This game isn't worth the download, not even for free.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jan 14, 11 12:55 PM
lasted 6 minutes on the trial before deleting

far too bright, poor graphics..

a definite no-buy!

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Jan 14, 11 12:56 PM
Lasted 10 minutes. Such a junk-pile of objects. They really don't make sense in any context. Also, I had to dig out the magnifying glass just to see the objects. They were so small and so badly drawn that I as very surprised when I finally finished the first screen. Definitely a no buy.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jan 14, 11 1:16 PM
You know I thought it was actually pretty, but sadly.....by the time I tried it my liking of the game ended fast......I demo'ed it a long time ago and I wrote......and I quote here " Secret of the Fairy Queen not worth finding"

I tried it once more today.......

"Secret of the Fairy queen.......Still don't want to find it..........."

I found the music and the fairy chatter at me rather annoying.........and frankly the clutter of items not visually appealing for a fairy wonderland......honestly I was looking for a treadmill in one scene.......how un-fairy can you get?

Betsy46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Betsy46 on Jan 14, 11 1:41 PM
Well tried this game for about 15 minutes. It seemed like a child's game - but - the objects were very difficult to find. I played on medium in which only a black shape of the object is shown. These older eyes just had a really hard time! Passing on this one.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 14, 11 3:14 PM
I too always start the download then check the reviews before I actually play. Normally I would at least give it a try but when EVERY single review was negative, sorry BFG, I have better things to do with my time than "waste" it on a game I most probably wont like! I am still trying to find a walkthrough for the BONUS section of Royal Envoy! LOL Happy Gaming Fishies

Snipis
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Snipis on Jan 14, 11 3:48 PM
I liked it for about 10 minutes. I was getting really upset with the tiny see-through objects which were so small I couldn't even figure out what I was looking for. They made me frustrated and then the music started to really bug me. I was still gettting the objects and solving rather fast even though they were tiny and pale. The puzzles were okay, the spot the difference pics, the arrange things in order, I liked the change but after helping three fairies the final straw was when I had three things left on the find chart that I couldn't even see they were so pale. A definite no buy!

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Jan 14, 11 4:06 PM
I saw all the bad reviews and almost didn't download it then thought why not. I actually enjoyed it. Different from so many of the games I have gotten lately so I bought it. Hoping my daughter who is 11 going on 12 will like it too, but might not, she is an odd one sometimes.
The music wasn't too bad, but I seldom have the sound on anyway. It made me think and I really had to look for some of the items, but enjoyed it over all so far.

Have fun everyone!!

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Jan 14, 11 5:21 PM
I saw the bad reviews too, but I had already downloaded the game to demo it. It wasn't as bad as everyone was making it out to be. There are 3 modes - easy, medium, and hard. You also have a choice of timed or un-timed. If you choose un-timed, then you can randomly click without any penalties. Some objects were small and hard to find, but I like that in an H0 game - reminded of the first MCF that got me hooked on all of these. The scenes are repeated so you can learn where the objects are located. I didn't care for the music or the sparkling things in the background. I like the puzzle mini-games. The re-arrange and spot the differences, I didn't care for. After playing for 40 minutes, I was getting bored. This looks like a good game to play between newer games for something relaxing. Not a buy for me tonight, but will go on my consider next time it's a DD.

DiMar
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by DiMar on Jan 14, 11 10:59 PM
This game reminds me of the old style HOGs where you go to the same "rooms" over and over and try to remember where things are so you can get through them in time. The graphics are bright and cheerful and even though the objects are tiny, I found them to be very well drawn and easy to see. Like everyone else, I enjoy the newer, higher-quality, story-line IHOGS, but this one is a nice little break. For 2.99, its a buy for me.

Go to: