FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Summer Resort Mogul

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 14, 11 3:57 AM
Wish I had known BF was going to get this game. I purchased it last week from another site since it had been out awhile. Still have yet to achieve gold on every level. I have 3 more, but I'll get there.

Your in competition with your cousin to take over your Uncle's empire. This game like the other moguls has a lot to do with how you place your building. For instance placing a pool, spa, etc between home will raise happiness/appearance. However if you're looking to make more money placing a bistro or some other restaurant between them will make more money. There are a lot of levels that require both/one or the other, so look at your goals first or you may place a pool to make the requirements and be lacking in money. It's better to place the restaurant and upgrade the pool...not an easy game.

There is a glitch in this game as far as clicking on the people with money, you have to click on the money not the people. Also some people reported a glitch in clicking on the 2 guys one in all black (usually gives extra money or materials)and one that looks like a UPS driver to me(he almost always gave me extra materials, twice as many as the guy in black). I never had the problem.

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 9:03:18 AM PST

Lolaliloo
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Lolaliloo on Jan 14, 11 5:20 AM
Not much fun for me, very repetetif and very linear, i love building and Tm, but this one did not impress me at all..
I actually found it annoying LOL

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 14, 11 5:28 AM
I liked the first Mogul TM game and will probably buy this one after trial. They are more difficult than some TM games but how easy do we want them?

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 14, 11 7:39 AM
I found this to just be another one of "those resort games", nothing too special about this one.

Personally speaking I will not be purchasing this one, once you have one game of this type you do not need any more.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Summer Resort Mogul

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 14, 11 9:03 AM
Thanks for starting this thread FairyonPegasus! Just swimming by to sticky it. Happy posting!

-bfgArnoStyx

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jan 14, 11 10:20 AM
This game is fine but certainly nothing special. Same old storyline as many of the other building games--you will inherit some money but need to prove yourself by being the best at running a resort. I enjoy the strategy of trying to get gold on levels but there are better games out there. Certainly a game like Royal Envoy has a lot more detail & story going on.

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Jan 14, 11 11:12 AM
I agree with the above. If your desperate for a time management game, then this one is a good one, but nothing new or special. Initially I felt bored and thought I would be stopping before the 60 min were up, but as it got going I did end up finishing the full demo since it held my interest. I don't think I will be buying it though, just too much like all the other games and I want something different!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 15, 11 11:58 AM
The grapihcs are okay. The gameplay is straight TM. Getting gold is fairly simple and can get very boring very quickly.The storyline is fairly unoriginal, ie competing against relative to win inheritence. There are other TM resort games that are far better.

This game is a C. Nothing special but not an all together bad game.

maggiegs
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maggiegs on Jan 15, 11 7:48 PM
There are things I don't like about this game. First, if there is a repair or cleaning on one of the units, it stops all income, in some cases making it impossible to go further in the game. If you don't have enough supplies for the repair or cleaning or have the money to purchase materials for them, you are stuck. It doesn't make sense to stop all income on everything because one thing needs a repair or cleaning.

When buying supplies, they do not get cheaper when you buy them in larger quantities. Also, the opponent always has a perfect score, there is no variation. It seems there wasn't a lot of thought put into this game. There are much better games of this genre than this one.

Kaerie
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Kaerie on Jan 16, 11 6:38 AM
I've been enjoying this game. It takes some strategy, and I rarely get a Gold score on the first time through a level in the later levels, which keeps things interesting.

The opponent most definitely does NOT keep a perfect score all the way through. I'm currently stuck on level 29 (for some reason, it's not registering my motels as motels - I'm thinking there's a bug that is listing an incorrect goal?), and I'm far ahead of my competition. He starts getting silvers and bronzes around level 15 or so, if I remember correctly.

I came here hoping to find a solution to the game not registering my 3-star motels for level 29. If anyone knows, please help!

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jan 16, 11 11:31 AM
i did the same thing FairyonPegasus i usually love these types of games but when they make one level soo friggin hard then the next level is easy that is very aggravating to me idk about you lol any how have fun! ^^ tc

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Jan 17, 11 3:53 AM
I love this type of game, but I will say the ski resort mogul was much more fun. I think because of the building plot grid lines.
I'll play it until I get all gold!
Are there other games any of you would recommend?

I've seen Royal Envoy in this thread, so I'm going to try that one!
Thanks!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 17, 11 4:42 PM
maggiegs wrote:There are things I don't like about this game. First, if there is a repair or cleaning on one of the units, it stops all income...It doesn't make sense to stop all income on everything because one thing needs a repair or cleaning.

When buying supplies, they do not get cheaper when you buy them in larger quantities. Also, the opponent always has a perfect score, there is no variation. It seems there wasn't a lot of thought put into this game. There are much better games of this genre than this one.

i know the income bar turns red and the amount is lessened, but i didn't lose all of my income when the same thing happened to me... as for discounts for buying in bulk - well, let's just say you have to have a ton of money to get the first discount... at $5K you get 1K in supplies, at $10K you get 2K, but at $20K you get 5K in supplies... not to mention that it takes the same amount of time to order 1K as 5K - so you're actually saving yourself time which is better than money sometimes in a TM game like this and dearest john doesn't always get the perfect score... in fact right now he's sitting with 4 silver trophies in my game and i'm actually ahead, having 2 silvers and a bronze that i intend to tackle as soon as i'm done here!

i'm tragically addicted to this game and have absolutely no idea why! as has been said, it's not the greatest game or most inventive... emulates several other builders, graphics are okay, sounds are both helpful and dreadfully annoying... but i'm a perfectionist and anything that allows me to go head to head with a chuckle-head who thinks he's all that and gives me multiple chances to earn gold and beat the pants off this guy... YAY!!!

you can buy other properties when they come up for sale - but you can't haggle the price - ??? that's a downer for me... but you do get materials from demolitions - if not, i would probably have been a little less enthralled - and when i'm low on cash that's when i go for the demolition! there's always something that can be torn down or sold... one other thing that i like about this game is that once you make a goal - you can do whatever you want with the product! so once i have my three 3 houses - (check) - i can sell them all to rack up the cash i need to complete a savings goal!

back to the beach!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 17, 11 6:24 PM
This game is okay, but not far as good as Ski Resort Mogul in my opinion. No buy yet, but surely as a Daily Deal someday.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 17, 11 8:38 PM
aha! i'm really catching on now...

update on the battle with mr john fancy pants...

i'm up to 20 gold and 4 silver trophies... woot!

he's sitting with 15 gold, 6 silver, and 3 bronze...

and a double check... when a building is closed for cleaning or repairs you only lose the rent that turn for that building... which totally sucks if it's a bar or club because that can be $3-5K >ouch< so keep an eye on your alerts and watch out for "trespassers" as they can give you crazy bonuses - sometimes an instant one-time supply boost, sometimes money, or my personal favorites: reduced delivery time or reduced cost of supplies! faster and cheaper! that's the ticket!

best of luck to all of you playing out there

turning in - and tuning out!

[Post New]by andihpo on Jan 29, 11 9:33 AM
I've bought Hotel Resort Mogul. Ski Resort Mogul and Vacation Mogul in the past and thoroughly enjoyed all these games. However, Summer Resort Mogul is entirely different in my opinion and not at all like it's predecessors. I bought this game because I thought it would be a variation on a succesful theme of TM games but it has been very disappointing. It isn't the same and it seems very limited to what you can and can't do - meaning the goals are far less achievable than what they have been in the past. This game seems to limit your decisions far more then the others. I'm sorry I bought it and wish I hadn't bothered. A real shame because I really enjoyed playing all others in this series

nanabare7
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by nanabare7 on Mar 14, 11 3:26 PM
I played the trial and then purchased. I am not at all happy with this TM game. I have a great many other TM games, and love them, but I wish I had not bought this one.

yaf1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by yaf1 on Nov 20, 11 12:10 AM
I don't understand why some of the Time Management/Building games don't keep an on going total of your earning. To me amassing a fortune is the real fun.

Go to: