bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 14, 11 8:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

MrsWhatsit
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades technical issues here only

[Post New]by MrsWhatsit on Jan 14, 11 11:03 AM
PREVIOUSLY POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD:

I downloaded this demo twice, to no avail. When I tried to play, all I got was an access violation. Oddly, I had no problem with the CE demo and have eagerly awaited the SE.

After a history of complete reliability of BFG games, I have found every download during the past couple of months to be a crap shoot. Will it run smoothly? If not, can you coax it to run by one means or another? Will you get an access violation? Freezing or crashing? The phantom game that the Game Manager tells you is running but that you can't see or play? There's no predicting nowadays. I may be able to play the demo and not the full version. I may be able to play one game but not its sequel. I may be able to play a game but not its predecessor. I may be able to play some games by a certain developer but not others. For me it's the uncertainty factor that's the most frustrating. I want to be able to look forward to games but can't, because who knows whether the planets will be magically aligned to allow them to run? It's almost not worth trying anymore.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Jan 14, 11 11:45 AM
I thought this would have been a good game BUT, although it downloaded okay it played VERY SLOWLY.

There have been too many problems with games on BigFish . I have downloaded bigger games and had no problems.

NOT HAPPY WITH THE LACK OF A FIX ON ANY GAME!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 14, 11 3:15 PM
This game is playing sooo S L O W......and freezes constantly. I don't remember having this problem when I played the demo for the CE. Shame, cause I really wanted to get this game.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Jan 14, 11 3:30 PM
Totally agree with Mrs Whatsit.....games over the last few months have been crap! Should be called Big Freeze Games!

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 3:31:00 PM PST

prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by prochef on Jan 14, 11 4:46 PM
I REALLY want this game but it is running so slow and the cursor is freezing up so bad, my demo time was wasted waiting for it to move. I'm very upset and disappointed! Why does this happen? And when will they fix it?

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Jan 14, 11 5:48 PM
Got this game, I forgot why I didn't want it, because it is in slow--------------motion and very irritating! I hope this can be fixed or something, I guess I wasted a good credit!!!! HELP!!!!!

I'm stuck in the barn

[Post New]by shadowspawn on Jan 14, 11 6:02 PM
When I try to back out of the barn, the game exits to the Game Manager and I have to restart the thing. I'm at the point where I have to find the windlass to move the carriage to get into the loft.

I've reinstalled the game. I've rebooted and restarted the game. I've checked all the updates. I have plenty of RAM and have had no other problems except this. No video problems, no cursor lockups, no stalling, just can't get out of the barn without getting booted out of the game.

The only thing I haven't tried is creating a new player and see if it does the same thing. I'll probably do that while I'm waiting on a reply.

Thanks

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 14, 11 10:30 PM
For those of you who are having problems with the game jerking and freezing, it sounds like an issue I faced with my old computer - your video card just isn't good enough. This may not be what it is at all or it could be. You could also look for updates to your video card and if there is one, install it and try again. Hope this helps somewhat.

[Post New]by kimmishy5 on Jan 14, 11 11:15 PM
prochef wrote:I REALLY want this game but it is running so slow and the cursor is freezing up so bad, my demo time was wasted waiting for it to move. I'm very upset and disappointed! Why does this happen? And when will they fix it?

[Post New]by kimmishy5 on Jan 14, 11 11:18 PM
I also have been having a problem with big fish games. soooo disappointing. gonna start looking for other games . they should start giving discounts. this problem happens on even my new computers and laptops!!!

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 11:19:48 PM PST

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jan 15, 11 12:41 AM
MrsWhatsit wrote:PREVIOUSLY POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD:

I downloaded this demo twice, to no avail. When I tried to play, all I got was an access violation. Oddly, I had no problem with the CE demo and have eagerly awaited the SE.

After a history of complete reliability of BFG games, I have found every download during the past couple of months to be a crap shoot. Will it run smoothly? If not, can you coax it to run by one means or another? Will you get an access violation? Freezing or crashing? The phantom game that the Game Manager tells you is running but that you can't see or play? There's no predicting nowadays. I may be able to play the demo and not the full version. I may be able to play one game but not its sequel. I may be able to play a game but not its predecessor. I may be able to play some games by a certain developer but not others. For me it's the uncertainty factor that's the most frustrating. I want to be able to look forward to games but can't, because who knows whether the planets will be magically aligned to allow them to run? It's almost not worth trying anymore.

^^^^^This, especially the part I put in bold. "Phantom" games for me include Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cat, Redemption Cemetery, Midnight Mysteries 2: Salem Witch Trials (it started with that one, actually), and Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White, and Nightmare Adventures: Witch's Prison to name a few. At first I thought it was ERS Game Studios games, but both PuppetShow games, Haunted Halls: Green Hill Sanitarium, and Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Murder in the Rue Morgue work beautifully.

I use TrendMicro as my virus protection, and for some reason, it has pulled what it thinks are trojans out of several games. There is actually a file that says TROJ in part of the title, and although it's probably NOT a trojan, my TrendMicro has found it more often than not, particularly with the later games.

At any rate, it has been hit or miss lately. It started with Salem Witch Trials after I bought it (demo worked fine) and it drives me batty.

ETA: Looking at the customer favorites from this weekend's sale, I see that four of the games are on my above list, and I've missed the Best Hidden Object Game, 1st Runner Up Best Adventure Game, Best Sequel, and 1st Runner Up Best Sequel.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 9:57:27 AM PST

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Jan 15, 11 1:52 AM
I agree with the problems lately with BF games...this is yet another one that is jerking all over the screen and have probably wasted have the demo time waiting for the cursor to move or to change scenes. Seemed worse when I went to go back to the gate to the suitcase. I would love to get this game also but is it worth the slow motion?...no doubt it would last a long time! I'm going to wait and see if there is a fix for this before buying. I have alot of other games and don't have this problem. Just seems the ones of late are doing this.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Jan 15, 11 2:50 AM
I would have loved the game, but without a widescreen support it is no fun. Why do even older games support it and newer productions just ignore the fact that more and more people have widescreen displays?

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jan 15, 11 10:53 AM
I reached a scene with a broken/partial staircase and received a short knob there, but the knob does not show up in my inventory. The puzzle with some colored panels and a partial skeleton is just to the right of these stairs. This puzzle requires the short knob, so I am dead in the water.

Any help you can provide is appreciated..

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Metamorph on Jan 15, 11 4:35 PM
Ditto. I had less trouble with the unfixed version of the CE. This appears to be a hack out of the CE. They didn't even change the menu pages. I didn't get to try the third fix on the CE as even though I had 10 minutes left, it reinstalled as time expired. It's a shame as it looks like a fun game, but I still have 359 games to get through. Maybe the sloppy game releases is a sign that I need to cancel my membership and give up on any new games.

4mybirds4 wrote:This game is playing sooo S L O W......and freezes constantly. I don't remember having this problem when I played the demo for the CE. Shame, cause I really wanted to get this game.

gamerdash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gamerdash on Jan 15, 11 7:05 PM
Access violation again.

MrsWhatsit
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MrsWhatsit on Jan 15, 11 8:18 PM
An update: I'm sorry to say that I still haven't found the Holy Grail of getting this game to run. I deleted my entire BFG cache, including the Game Manager, hoping that starting with a clean slate might help. With another game, reinstalling the Game Manager did the job. This time, no.

Also, the same suggestions that were offered to me by BFG when I bought and couldn't run "Edgar Allan Poe's Black Cat" haven't worked for this game either: i.e., updating Direct X and my graphics card driver, and "running as administrator."

Maybe one or another of these tricks will work for some of you. I'm no techie, but I throw them out there just in case they may be helpful. If you get Queen of Spades to run, please let me know so that I can enjoy it vicariously!

Your friend,

Frustrated

ETA: Strixi, sounds like we are having very similar experiences.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 8:43:24 PM PST

[Post New]by avonlady94 on Jan 15, 11 8:20 PM
littleoldlady wrote:I reached a scene with a broken/partial staircase and received a short knob there, but the knob does not show up in my inventory. The puzzle with some colored panels and a partial skeleton is just to the right of these stairs. This puzzle requires the short knob, so I am dead in the water.

Any help you can provide is appreciated..

I have the exact same problem.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jan 15, 11 8:59 PM
In the CE I couldn't even get past the gate it was running so slow, with this one I made it as far as the bottom of the stairs before I gave up. I'm going to uninstall both because obviously there has been no fix for this problem. I've been playing MCF 13th skull with no problems so I don't think it's my computer.

Go to: