bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 14, 11 8:50 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 14, 11 9:41 AM
Awsome game, great graphics, intriguing story, a little bit dark the scenery so far, but very real including the sounds, but I am only at the first chapter, 5+ , more comments ahead, maybe!!

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jan 14, 11 11:26 AM
Was in need of an HOG fix and so glad this came along. Based on reviews, I did not buy the CE of this, although I usually do on most releases. The graphics are good-objects clear enough to find, for the most part, turned off the background music as it is so repetitive. Really am enjoying it-about half way through.

bkl8303
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bkl8303 on Jan 14, 11 11:53 AM
So far so good. The graphics are awesome. I too had to turn off the music. Fifteen minutes into the game and plan on buying it.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Jan 14, 11 12:06 PM
Comments

Download and installation of the demo took 7 minutes.

It did feel like changing scenes was taking a bit so I checked on that and it was more than 1 second but less than 3. Perception and reality can be so different.

The music kept me smiling and I got stumped 3 times so off to buy.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jan 14, 11 2:50 PM
Demo'd the CE of this game to get an idea what it would be like. Very good game. Waited for SE to purchase, since I NEVER spend the money on CE. Anyway, this is up there with RTR for quality, length and game play. A little dark in some scenes but still could find what I needed. Got lost a few times, but actually managed to find my way thru without walkthru. Yea! If you like good HOG with good story, this fills that. You won't be sorry for purchasing this one. Well worth it for good game play, good mini-games, length. Ending is not the most satisfying but leaves the door open for another game to come.
I don't play with the music on so can't comment on that.
Enjoy, all you HOG Fishie Fans!!

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jan 14, 11 7:44 PM
Did we have this one before? It seemd so familiar.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 15, 11 3:58 AM
pjmatt wrote:Did we have this one before? It seemd so familiar.

Yes, this game came first out as a CE version.

This is a fantastic game. Great graphics, colours and gameplay.

One thing though... you can upgrade from the SE version to the CE version, if you changed your mind and want to play the bonus as well.
Well, I wish I could also downgrade from the CE version to the SE version, because the main game is really the best, but the bonus game is not only short but very disappointing as far as extra story goes.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 15, 11 5:06 AM
Again, check out the forums before I even play but I do remember this as a good game in CE will edit later for review...... :-) Happy Fishy Today 3 GAMES!

Well, I finally got around to playing and yes it was the game I remembered from the CE. Graphics are good, story line is good, I turned down the sound so I cannot comment on that. Enough **** along with searching for objects to be used in other scenes.

My only problem was that the game was freezing up on me and I don't remember it doing that in the CE I will have to uninstall and re-install to see if that fixes it. All in all a good game. Not sure of the length because I didn't look at the walk through. If I can get the bugs out upon re-installation, it will be a definite buy for me.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 3:57:50 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jan 15, 11 6:43 AM
Overall, a very good game. It would have been nice to have a map; because after you get well into the game, finding your way back to a specific location can be more than challenging for some of us with no sense of direction. (Another possibility would have been to simply show that an area had been completed when no further clues would be obtained there.) Gorgeous graphics, wonderfully imaginative storyline, hidden object scenes are nicely done (creative concealment, but not dark or overly miniaturized), nice appropriate music, a very wide array of mini-games (with a skip option), not frightening or overly spooky (good family fun). The diary keeps important clues and information handy for reference. The dialogue is at a minimum, but adds to the story. There is certainly a door left open for a sequel; and I hope we see it in the near future. I would give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

[Post New]by banesidhe on Jan 15, 11 11:35 AM
Once again, disappointed that the demo runs out 20 minutes before my usual one hour of free play time does. And again, it will keep me from purchasing the game just for the principle of the thing. Really a shame, as I was enjoying it to that point, but that simply spoils things for me utterly.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 15, 11 12:26 PM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and other minigames. The storyline is wonderful and involved. I really can't wait to catch up to the little critter and make him talk. I do dislike the demo running out before my one hour trial is over. There seems to be little difference between this and the CE of the game.

This game is an A+.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jan 15, 11 2:18 PM
Great game from the great developer ERS game studios! Love it! A+++ game

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jan 15, 11 2:19 PM
banesidhe wrote:Once again, disappointed that the demo runs out 20 minutes before my usual one hour of free play time does. And again, it will keep me from purchasing the game just for the principle of the thing. Really a shame, as I was enjoying it to that point, but that simply spoils things for me utterly.

It's a SAMPLE VERSION which is not the same as the one hour free TRIAL. Many of them are now sample versions instead, you have to pay attention to that wording. The sample versions only go so far in the game, regardless of how long it takes someone, and there it stops.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 15, 11 2:57 PM
Loved this game - nice story - good game play and I agree with all the positive comments
A buy for me
[out of three]

[Post New]by Affrael on Jan 15, 11 3:43 PM
Geat game! I demo'd the CE and loved it even though it was a short one. I always turn the music off in games so can't comment on that but the graphics are great and it has an interesting storyline. It's a definite buy for me.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Jan 15, 11 4:01 PM
pjmatt wrote:Did we have this one before? It seemd so familiar.
Well, it's by the same group that did Rue Morgue, Black Cat and Curse of the Raven. So it's not surprising that you see many similar elements. I certainly did.

I very much liked this game. Although there were a few things that could have been done better. At least that's my opinion.

It could have incorporated mapping. Having to physically move from location to location is tedious and has only one purpose: to extend gameplay.

Inventory/Tools could have been handled better. The player is allowed to acquire so many items that, without constant review, it's hard to remember what you have. I got to the carriage house and totally forgot I had a chain in inventory.

The endgame was fair...unless you are missing a card or two! The first play resulted in my missing two. Missed one on the second pass. (Not the same one )
Having to scroll through a WT in order to find where the missing card was missed, and requiring you to go and retrieve it was a bit of a pain. Then again, it was me who missed it so that is the games way of punishing me.

Finally, there was a great deal of graphics inconsistency between the various hidden object scenes. Some, such as the pantry, were so dark you had to turn off the lights and turn up the gamma to see anything. Others were quite the opposite. These scenes were obviously created in assembly line fashion. One group is assigned one set of puzzles; another assigned another, and let's hope for the best. The best was not always achieved.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jan 15, 11 4:58 PM
Thought game was pretty good..great graphics and good story line..Looking forward to see if they make another one..was a good buy for me..

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Jan 15, 11 8:11 PM
Awesome game! Played straight thru all day. Graphics were amazing as well as sounds. I didn't have a problem with dark areas. I did miss a room when I was looking around for the next objective so I too agree that a map would have been helpful like in Mortlake Manor. Looks like this one could have a sequel to it also. I wish there were more to explore in town and at that shack by the well and the other mansion across the lake. This game was a good adventure anyways and I want more like this. Bring it on BF!

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Jan 16, 11 3:51 AM
Loved this game! Challenging without being too difficult and mini games and puzzles do-able but not too easy. Hidden objects quite easy to find but there was the right amount of these - not too many to make the game boring and in most of them you found another object that let you proceed in the game so there was a point to them. Good storyline and it took me several hours to complete. Well done devs.

Go to: