calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Love the music! Love the art!

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jan 14, 11 4:16 PM
I managed to be patient and wait for the SE of this game. I accomplished this by not playing the demo of the CE until 2 nights ago, than forcing myself to wait for the SE. I played the demo of the SE as well (on expert mode this time) and immediately blew my last credit on the game when the demo was up. I can't speak to what other fishies have said regarding the bonus play not being worth the extra money, but I will say that I'm almost two hours into the game, I clearly have a lot of game left to go, and I think it's great!

ERS Studios has another game to be proud of here, with an intriguing (and fairly unusual) storyline - who else has used enchanted cards? - and a game that meets their usual standard of being visually stunning. I find myself just looking at scenes rather than playing the game. The scene at the well/stable for example: the way the clouds move across the moon, reflected in the lake - I think that 60-70 years ago the ERS artists would have been painting matte backgrounds for major motion pictures. Just beautiful!

And the music! I find myself wanting to stand up and dance across the room a la Tevye - captivating and enticing, I want to listen to this music for its own merits, not just as a background to a game.

It's possible that I will be disappointed in the game in the end, but so far I think its right up there with Joyville 2. (of 5 - haven't finished, so I can't give a final verdict)

hendicky
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Love the music! Love the art!

[Post New]by hendicky on Jan 15, 11 1:05 PM
Couldn't agree more with regard to the music. I would happily just listen to it, and not bother with the game at all. Especially like the castanets!! Having said that, amd really enjoying it. It is not too hard, and havent cheated with the walkthrough yet. Have just got over to the island, and still a way to go, I hope.
Another great game from this studio. many thanks.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 15, 11 1:12 PM
Yes, many of these games have scenery much more interesting to look at compared to my front yard or even living room!!!1

Great escape material. I do take time to appreciate the artwork in a game. (except for a game like Avenue Flo.)

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jan 15, 11 2:41 PM
hendicky wrote:Have just got over to the island, and still a way to go, I hope.
Another great game from this studio. many thanks.

Not to worry, you have a way to go Really good game. I guess many felt that the bonus game wasn't worth the CE price, but for 6.99 you can't beat the SE. Took me at least 5-6 hours - I wasn't really paying that much attention to time - and that's with a peek or two at the walkthrough. I stand by the 4

Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Jan 15, 11 3:56 PM
I too LOVE the music,I wanted to delay my **** and just listen to the music,so relaxing when playing one of these games, It's a winner. Wish I had a CD of the music LOL.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jan 19, 11 10:11 PM
I absolutely agree! I love the music, I have gone back to play the game just to hear the music!

[Post New]by rcoast911 on Jan 22, 11 1:29 PM
I also love the music. I wish they would release a soundtrack! Great game.

Go to: