bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Nightmare on the Pacific technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 15, 11 1:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

Please Note: Using Alt + Tab may cause issues on Windows XP

Edited on 01/16/2011 at 8:55:07 AM PST

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare on the Pacific technical issues here only

[Post New]by ebec on Jan 15, 11 1:35 AM
Have tried 3 times to play and cannot get it past the "Loading". I do get the intro to the story, then a black screen with loud, dramatic music and the "Loading". The music just continues to repeat and nothing. I have an XP. Will also contact the "help page".

johnski
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnski on Jan 15, 11 1:45 AM
I have the exact same problem on my laptop running xp but my desktop with win7 works fine.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Jan 15, 11 2:45 AM
Another game without widescreen support.
Looks nice, but won't buy if I have to change resolution manually every time.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jan 15, 11 3:11 AM
On windows seven and can't get a full screen up, despite going into the options section of the game and trying to correct the problem there, any suggestions please?

[Post New]by jilliepepper on Jan 15, 11 3:16 AM
Having the exact same problem on my xp desktop

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 15, 11 3:20 AM
0161 wrote:On windows seven and can't get a full screen up, despite going into the options section of the game and trying to correct the problem there, any suggestions please?

Welcome to the Pond I do not think that the button does anything. I am under the impression that it will always have a black border around the screen. Unless anyone else has any suggestions??

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Jan 15, 11 3:45 AM
I would kill for black bars on the left and right side of the contents instead of that bad distortion.
The black areas on top and bottom of the scene are used for the current task and the inventory.

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Jan 15, 11 4:38 AM
Well BF. You did it again! Another game put out there that doesn't work! .Stuck on a black screen and it says "loading" with lots of dramatic music but that is it? I believe you put this game out there before and we all had the same problem! Quit grasping for straws and check your games out before putting them out there.

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Jan 15, 11 5:18 AM
I'm also on Windows 7 with a border all the way around as opposed to the usual bars either side. Couldn't get passed the loading screen either.

Some games do conflict with an open browser but closing down the browser made no difference.

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 6:37:59 AM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 15, 11 5:40 AM
I am also not getting past the 'loading' screen (win xp).
And it looked like it may have been a good one

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 15, 11 5:44 AM
Further to my last message....
I hit the escape key when i couldn't get past the 'loading' page - that seems to have worked in making it get a move on. Yay!

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Jan 15, 11 5:53 AM
I am having the same problem as lots of others using XP. Black screen LOADING with loud music but nothing moving. The intro was working great and thought it looked an interesting game. I hit the ESCAPE key but it didn't work for me, still kept " LOADING" without moving forward. Uninstalled and re-installed with no difference.
Yet another DUD GAME. Hope there is a fix for this one but won't hold my breadth as still waiting for fixes put in place for lots of others without success.

Softhaze
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Softhaze on Jan 15, 11 5:58 AM
I'm not getting past the 'loading' screen either, the first time I tried I hit the audio button because the music was so lound and that cut out the intro and went straight to the loading screen. So I tried again but with no luck.
I'm on XP.

I'll go and try your idea crypsynight, thanks.

haze

Edited on 01/15/2011 at 5:59:58 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 15, 11 6:07 AM
I got the game somewhere else and it works fine for me. I run on Windows 7 64 bit.
With all the games that don't work properly lately I'm coming to the conclusion that it has something to do with the Game Manager - rather than always our computers.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jan 15, 11 6:19 AM
ebec wrote:Have tried 3 times to play and cannot get it past the "Loading". I do get the intro to the story, then a black screen with loud, dramatic music and the "Loading". The music just continues to repeat and nothing. I have an XP. Will also contact the "help page".

Exact same problem here. Intro, then black screen and dramatic music that just keeps playing through the loop. I'm running XP also.

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Jan 15, 11 6:36 AM
I am also on xp. This looked like a good gzame, but my screen goes to loading and nothing else. It's a shame, because I really wanted to play this. thanks

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jan 15, 11 6:52 AM
Same here - this also happened to me on Curse of the Ghost Ship

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by maryerbe on Jan 15, 11 6:54 AM
hello,im also having the same problem as the XP users.sounds like a great game to ,to bad know one ran it on XP before releaseing it .thanks

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Jan 15, 11 7:29 AM
Also stuck on loading screen, had to shut computer down to escape.

Go to: