karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Could have been better....

[Post New]by karen876 on Jan 15, 11 3:29 PM
I think that being as the theme of this game was based on what could have been a "real life" situation then it would have done better as an adventure game rather than HOG.
We can all suspend reality when it comes to fairies, witches, time travel, etc. but I had a hard time with it in this game. Would I really go off and play on a slot-machine when I was trying to rescue someone?
The game seems to end rather abruptly too. It's almost as if the Devs got fed up with it. I played in Normal mode, didn't use a hint and only skipped one mini-game (one of those "press button A and button C and F go down" things which, for some reason, my brain just refuses to co-operate with) but still finished in about 3 hours. I thought that there was still a lot to do when suddenly "Game Over".
Just my thoughts.....

Re:Could have been better....

[Post New]by azureice on Jan 15, 11 8:52 PM
I played the demo, liked it and purchased game. Now I wish I had not. Very short game and ends abruptly. Wish I had not wasted my money on this game

jenni40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jenni40 on Jan 16, 11 3:36 PM
azureice wrote:I played the demo, liked it and purchased game. Now I wish I had not. Very short game and ends abruptly. Wish I had not wasted my money on this game

agree totally with this - exactly how I feel : (

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Jan 16, 11 11:52 PM
Spoiler Alert!

I must agree; I was just starting chapter 3 when the demo ran out, figured I'd get another two hours of play. Since it was an interesting game, I purchased, only to have the last 4 chapters fly by!

Finding Denise was completely absurd! "Mom" was in and out of the Museum many times and she didn't happen to spot her daughter then??? I feel that the devs had reached their deadline and had to finish the game to get it on the market. Thus, abrupt, senseless ending. Boooo! Hisss!

[Post New]by girouard347 on Jan 18, 11 3:23 PM
I wholeheartedly agree about the ending feeling very "rushed". I'm another one who purchased the game after the demo only to discover there wasn't much left to do. And, apparently, some people get different endings. In mine, Dad is still in the elevator shaft while everyone else gets rescued. What's up with that? The kids didn't even ask about him! I wish I had saved my game credit...

AlexJeff
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by AlexJeff on Jan 18, 11 6:15 PM
Just finished it ... way too quickly .. agree with all the above comments; way too short. And WTF is with the non-existent phone calls?

Edited on 01/18/2011 at 6:39:11 PM PST

Go to: