K3-old tower fragments

K3-old tower fragments

[Post New]by eanthon1 on Jan 15, 11 7:43 PM
Anyone have a detailed list of where exactly all 7 fragments are located? I've gotten 6 of them but I can't for the life of me find the 7th.

hickorybabe
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Re:K3-old tower fragments

[Post New]by hickorybabe on Jan 15, 11 10:15 PM
The 7 Old Tower Fragments are located: (1) In the Haunted Forest, near the Western edge; (2,3) West and East of the Good Wizard’s Grove; (4) Near the Ruined Fountain in the Northwest; (5) Near the Dragon’s Lair in the East; (6) West of the Black Knights’ Lair, by the River; and (7) in the South near one of the Caves.

feonadorf
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by feonadorf on Jan 16, 11 5:12 AM
what do the fragments look like, I can't find them and feel like I am missing something. How do you pick them up when you find them?

zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by zahnprod on Jan 16, 11 5:18 AM
hickorybabe wrote:The 7 Old Tower Fragments are located: (1) In the Haunted Forest, near the Western edge; (2,3) West and East of the Good Wizard’s Grove; (4) Near the Ruined Fountain in the Northwest; (5) Near the Dragon’s Lair in the East; (6) West of the Black Knights’ Lair, by the River; and (7) in the South near one of the Caves.

Very interesting. Your information matches EXACTLY the contents of the Westward Kingdoms Walkthrough at a site we're not allowed to mention at BFG.

I suppose you were just trying to be helpful.

And you might want to look up "plagiarism" in a dictionary.

Edited on 01/16/2011 at 5:21:58 AM PST

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Jan 16, 11 12:26 PM
feonadorf wrote:what do the fragments look like, I can't find them and feel like I am missing something. How do you pick them up when you find them?

They look like cement broken blocks with green on them. The same blocks that were used to build the cathedral. You just highlight them and you pick them up automatically when you walk up to them..
Right away when you start the level you can find one. It is right around where the king was found.

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Jan 16, 11 12:32 PM
zahnprod wrote:
hickorybabe wrote:The 7 Old Tower Fragments are located: (1) In the Haunted Forest, near the Western edge; (2,3) West and East of the Good Wizard’s Grove; (4) Near the Ruined Fountain in the Northwest; (5) Near the Dragon’s Lair in the East; (6) West of the Black Knights’ Lair, by the River; and (7) in the South near one of the Caves.

Very interesting. Your information matches EXACTLY the contents of the Westward Kingdoms Walkthrough at a site we're not allowed to mention at BFG.

Come on stop being a little tattle teller. The person asked a question and they answered. A whole lot more then you did. Does it matter where the info came from? We are not talking about a physics exam here. Lighten up. You sound like a little snitch. What do expect the person who answered to get their Big Fish game account permanently canceled?

kilbride
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kilbride on Jan 16, 11 1:11 PM
they do spawn in the same area as the walkthrough states

but sometimes they spawn in areas that you can not click on
similiar to the pegs and dragon scales had this twice only fix i found was to reload saved game

SantaBanana
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by SantaBanana on Jan 16, 11 3:47 PM
marbleann1 wrote:Come on stop being a little tattle teller. Does it matter where the info came from? We are not talking about a physics exam here. Lighten up. You sound like a little snitch. What do expect the person who answered to get their Big Fish game account permanently canceled?

Yes, it does matter where the information came from. That content is copyrighted and cannot be duplicated in any form, and likewise, whatever we type here is also protected by intellectual property rights (see BFG Terms of Use).

He has every right to drop the word "plagiarism". Note his user nickname, and note the name of the author on the walkthrough.

By the way, you can find the walkthrough by googling "Westward Kingdoms walkthrough".

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Jan 16, 11 4:23 PM
I read the walk through. I still contend there was no need to be rude. Never is. He could of wrote the person in PM. But no he wanted to be a smart azz and a show off and it just showed his lack of class. Also if it that big a deal get a lawyer or don't write walk throughs online if you don't want anybody to share the knowledge. It is just ridiculous. It really is. Oh and one last thing if the walkthroughs was that thorough people would not still be over here with a plethora of questions. We all know where the walk through is. It is not like it is hidden in some stone somewhere. It just isn't that thorough.

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Sanderella on Jan 16, 11 9:04 PM
Guys, honestly. This is a forum on Big Fish Games. Who cares whether we got the info from another website or whether we wrote it ourselves.

I can attest to the fact that hickorybabe has played through this section of the game her/himself and is not just copyrighting for the sake of getting kudos. She just found it more time conserving to ctrl+p that info than write it out from scratch, given that there is a LOT of people on this forum that need help with this game.

I see both sides of this argument, but there's no need for a flame-war. We're all here to help!

PS marbleann1, the vast majority of people here *dont* know there's a walkthrough elsewhere. If they did, a lot of the questions asked here wouldn't be asked. That's why many of us post answers that we either discovered ourselves, or learned from the *other* site that shall not be named.

Anyway, let's all be friendly, yeah? It's a *game*!

Amber81
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Amber81 on Jan 17, 11 3:33 PM
Does anyone hapen to have a screen shot of the fragments on the map? I've looked everywhere and I am short 2

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Sanderella on Jan 18, 11 7:39 AM
Unfortunately we can't take screenshots of the game because as soon as you switch active programs, the pause menu pops up on Westward.

But if you're looking for those big black bricks? Make sure you've mine every black rock across the entire map. You may have to use blight and build some stone quarries to get them all.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 18, 11 1:45 PM
marbleann1 wrote:I read the walk through. I still contend there was no need to be rude. Never is. He could of wrote the person in PM. But no he wanted to be a smart azz and a show off and it just showed his lack of class. Also if it that big a deal get a lawyer or don't write walk throughs online if you don't want anybody to share the knowledge. It is just ridiculous. It really is. Oh and one last thing if the walkthroughs was that thorough people would not still be over here with a plethora of questions. We all know where the walk through is. It is not like it is hidden in some stone somewhere. It just isn't that thorough.

and since you did not send a PM that means ....????
and I agree, no need to be rude, so why your post ....????

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 18, 11 6:19 PM
I'm pretty shocked at the nasty post made to the person who tried to answer a question.

If you think this person does this on a regular basis why not PM them and ask them to stop? If this is the first time the person did this still PM them as he/she may not have realized it would offend you. Ask the person to please say they found the answer in a walkthrough on another site. It's pretty simple.

BTW - thank you both for posting the answer. I'll see if it works and I find the 7th stone. That's why I came here so I hope it helps me.

[Post New]by musiknut23 on Feb 2, 11 1:56 PM
any specific help on finding the one west of the knight's place? I've found them all but that one, and I"ve looked everywhere. Thank you.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 2, 11 5:06 PM
I write walkthroughs for that site (didn't write this one, though) and I can't see the big deal in people getting information from those walkthroughs and sharing them with others. It's just answering a question, they're not posting the walkthrough somewhere claiming it's their own.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 2, 11 9:01 PM
musiknut23 wrote:any specific help on finding the one west of the knight's place? I've found them all but that one, and I"ve looked everywhere. Thank you.
It's right there by the shore, very near the compound wall. There have been some reports of stones going missing in other locations. I know a couple did for me, the first time thru, but I blamed myself losing them. You might go back to your earliest available save and see if that one is visible there.

------------------------------
And as for plagiarism: It's really too bad that this site's Moderators would smack down anybody who quoted somebody else's walkthrough and had the good grace and politeness to acknowledge where the walkthrough came from, thus complying with the "fair use" exception to the plagiarism laws--because we're not allowed under the posting rules to mention other such sites!

I do think her intentions were good. But I do think it's a very small sample of what is really a big deal. And in fact, she did a great deal LESS than zahnprod did. He wrote a whole walkthrough! She cut and pasted from it.

On the other hand:

ZP: Remember the adage about flies and honey? You really do want to take into account ignorance and good intentions. Reacting like Herman the Rotten serves no one's interest.

[Post New]by Jenni8419 on Feb 4, 11 6:56 PM
Oh my gosh I have to revert back to an earlier game? I don't have any saves that go back far enough! What do I do now? I've searched in every location that was listed in the walkthrough and I am still missing one! AAACK!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: K3-old tower fragments

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 4, 11 9:04 PM
Sanderella wrote:Unfortunately we can't take screenshots of the game because as soon as you switch active programs, the pause menu pops up on Westward.
Actually, you can. You just press the "Prt Scr" button to send the entire screen into memory, and then pull it out into a pic manipulating program.

Of course even if you do that, you can't include pix in this forum. And if you post a link, you never know whether a Moderator in mindless mode (before their morning coffee or whatever) will delete it.

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 9:05:08 PM PST

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Feb 8, 11 11:45 AM
zahnprod wrote:

I've been playing the whole game from walkthroughs on other sites. They are out there for information on the game. Everyone does. That's what they're there for!

Go to: