gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by gohill on May 14, 16 12:30 PM
The 10-part quest, New Knowledge, requires 15 items from the crypt.... that alone is 15 hours... so NOPE ... still NOT loving the update that took away our items!!!!!!!!!!

And for those HO's that don't show shard or coins as rewards, but you get them anyway.... either put them back in the list as rewards, or take the coins and shards out of those HOs..

I just don't understand having shards or coins as rewards in HO's that are required for Daily Quests... or overhaul the Daily Quests... or do as Apollo suggested, and take them out of ALL HO's, increase the morphing flower reward to 15 coins, and include the shard as one of the rewards...

This game was TIME-consuming before the loss of items... NOW... it's beyond maddening...

Edited on 05/14/2016 at 6:01:43 PM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on May 14, 16 12:43 PM
I said on another thread that I haven't even levelled up in the last scene at the Dark Tower, how long ago was that? I used to level up at the very least within 24 hrs but I have absolutely no incentive.

The Spring event gave me new lease of enthusiasm, I was getting 'something' from every terrace whether it be a hat or a rattle it was forth coming and needed.

I'm now back to going in to play the wheel, cards and gift whatever I can, but have been stamp swapping to save inventory, I check the time of the tourney and if I can make it i'll play the 'free' games but no longer stress about playing.

The way I see it, I can play all the HOS's to accumulate coins, I can sell/disenchant inventory for shards, but I can't get inventory? I might have been able to accept the new format had it been 20 shards per scene and 50+50 coins, but 1 shard?

I'll never be a millionaire that's for sure and each new update will eat into my coins and remaining inventory and when that happens it will be Adios MC.

All games need incentives to keep going, but sadly without change MC will fail to keep its cult following and that's exactly the dizzy heights it reached, cult status and it's so very sad watching something loved by so many die a slow death

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on May 14, 16 1:30 PM
To me, there is no incentive to continue. I do not like the Trina quests and since the achievements have been put so high, I don't really care about even trying for them.
The gnome quests have been similarly high for the achievements. And since they are asking for things from the same HOS's over and over and over, there is little incentive to do those either. The last achievement that I won't make either is the tournaments for the orange kitty. I have only been getting one chip in 3 of the 5 doors and 2 chips in the other two doors. That gives me just 2 spins of the wheel of doom, and since at least one of the two spins is 10%, I can't get anywhere near the top. 2 spins will never compete with 5 spins. And I see the same names on top every time.

That leaves the only other achievements, stamps. Oh what fun that is swapping blooming stamps. It is almost as much fun as watching paint dry, or watching grass grow. You used to be able to get somewhere in this game, but now, all you can do is Play dice, spin the wheel, gift your friends and get out. Yes, this used to be a fun game. Not any more.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 14, 16 1:55 PM
Okay, y'all, please don't throw shoes at my head BUT maybe this game has changed and we should change with it.

I don't want to anger anyone so I'm just playing devil's advocate for a moment. Like many of you, I've been playing for over 2 years now and I'm just throwing some things out there. What exactly is the point of amassing a huge stockpile of inventory and millions of coins? For what? I understand the point about gifting an inventory item to a friend and the decrease in drop rates for those inventory items has slowed down the gifting a lot. Granted, sadie, trading stamps is like watching paint dry or grass grow. I'll give you that one.

But on the other hand, when the next update comes around and the Find Button works, then we will all get exactly what we need to move on, right? Maybe we won't have the massive inventory to just breeze through the quests, but is that so bad?

And what on earth are players using 5, 6, 7 plus million coins on? I've never been a millionaire, never even close. I don't have tons of inventory, I don't even think I have one bloody lotus. I'll get it when I need it. So without being a millionaire and without having tons of inventory, I still made it to 71.

Tweaking the HOSs drops to include a shard has to help with the achievement for 100,000 shards, right?

Maybe, just maybe, if we think like we started playing the game today instead of how we played for the past 2 years, we could accept the new "tweaks"?

Okay, my helmet is on....go ahead, take your best shots. But remember, I bruise easily.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on May 14, 16 2:29 PM
Thanks Lib for trying to "talk us off the ledge", but I don't think it's going to work. Plain and simple, I play games to relax and have fun. I remember the last update and how it took me ALL night to get enough "Word of the Dead" for one part of one quest...I think I needed 8 of them, among the plethora of other items, of which I fortunately had a few. And THEN, when I had finally got ALL those darn Word of the Dead, I got THE WRONG ITEM from the ZZ. I was madder than a hornet.

I don't enjoy the game this way. I will never enjoy it this way. I know you are trying to see the "glass half full", and I am still hanging in hoping for the best, but it does seem we are being ignored. I still have one foot out the door. This game has lost it's luster, and I'd like to see it return. I know you don't want any of us to leave, but if things don't change... Sorry, sweetie.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 14, 16 2:46 PM
Aw, come on, we can do this. We're bigger than this little ole game. Are we gonna let it beat us or are we gonna show it who's the boss?

I know it's frustrating, but if we have all the stuff to blow through the quests, then we're just sitting here longer twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next update. We wait long enough as it is.

And just think how wonderful the next update may be. May be a sea voyage? Who knows what we'll find. Maybe a cute cabana boy on a beautiful white sand beach with a pretty drink with an umbrella waiting for you. Hmmmmm?

You don't want to miss that, do you?

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on May 14, 16 2:55 PM
No need for hard hat Libby I hear you loud and clear and appreciate you seeing the glass half full, I only wish I could see it half full too.

As for millions of coins, hehehe even if the drop rate of inventory was two per scene I doubt i'd ever see my first million, although it would become a personal goal in the game to attempt it (some years down the line)

As for 100,000 shards? That's not even on my to-do list, i've stopped getting excited at seeing all those orange ribbons in the achievements and Trina can sing for her supper.

I don't complete a single daily quest because of airship items and zz's. I could live with the drop rate in HOS's were Trina and the gnome never to send me to zz's or ask for wheels, i'd rather pay a fine or do 50 HOS's

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on May 14, 16 3:10 PM
Thank you, Whitebutterfly, for being the voice of reason.

We need to adjust to the game, that's all. It's a game!

Yesterday I had 45 minutes left in a 5 part DQ that involved, among other things, fulfilling Cloud City Customs, Three Monks, Headstone, Glass Painting and Column of the Fallen two times each. Whew. Got through all that. The last item on the list was 240 wheels from the Airship. Well, it happened that the airship in dock at the time was 4 wheels short of the 240 and I didn't have enough airship items in inventory to send it empty and spend diamonds to bring back the next airship. So I let the DQ expire and waited for the next. No big deal. I didn't throw a hissy fit, I didn't threaten to quit the game, I didn't lose interest. I played on. I will continue to play on. Why? Because it's only a game.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on May 14, 16 4:09 PM
Thank you all for your comments, those who wish to adjust to the new game, good for you. I liked the old game. I really don't like having to set a timer for an hour every hour.

I see that someone had 45 minutes left in a 5 part DQ. What about the 10 part DQ's? I only know of one that can be gone through in the 24 hours allowed. (Sorry, I have to sleep and do just a little of that real life stuff). I wish that we could have the option to play the game like it used to be. Yes, it is just a game, it had become a part of life to many of us, which is why we feel the way we do. Many of the long term players have already left. If it continues to be as boring as it is now, many more will leave. Then, at least, there will be no more complaining. At least until they change it again, then you, who have adjusted, will be the ones to complain. Personally, I give up. I'll not bang my head on a brick wall anymore.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 14, 16 4:35 PM
Sadie, I am an old-timer and I haven't adjusted completely. But, for me, if the choice is adjust or quit playing, I'd rather adjust. I really like MC and I haven't found another game quite like it.

Please don't yell at me, I'm just asking a question. What makes the game more boring now that the drop rates have changed as opposed to before the drop rates changed? Isn't waiting for an update boring regardless of the inventory drop rate?

Everything in life changes...maybe, just maybe, it won't be so bad. As long as the Find Button works we can still get what we need to play the game. We just won't have a stockpile of inventory anymore.

You're right about the 10-part DQs; there is only one that I can do. Most times, though, I don't bother with them because they eat inventory. But, don't forget, when the real character quests come around again, we can coordinate those with Trina and the DQs and kill three birds with one stone.

And we're still getting coins for playing the HOSs, and maybe an inventory item, airship item, pet food, stamp and/or shard. So even if we just play the rounds for the coins and shards, we'll be ahead with coins and that much closer to the shard achievement. And if an inventory item drops that isn't worthwhile to keep, just sell or disenchant it.

Okay, hard hat ready, let er rip!

fredismom
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by fredismom on May 14, 16 5:52 PM
I like the gentle recommendations of whitebutterfly54. I've been playing 2 winters now and wish now that I'd not raced through the game the first year... Spent $ I could've avoided and game would have lasted longer before reaching each pending update. I play "wiser" now, thanks in part to this forum. BUT I did enjoy myself every minute spent in the realm of MC. Still do... But short visits now.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on May 14, 16 6:41 PM
Oh WB I would not yell at anybody who is enjoying the game whatever may fall from the HOS's. I have always said that if you are enjoying it, fine. I would not want to take that away from you or yell at you for it. I am merely stating my own opinion about the game. I had been trying to adapt, do the blue key quests, do the gnome quests and try to kill a Trina quest in along with them. But I find that I just do not have it in me any more to do a full round. I just find it too boring getting either 1 shard or 15 coins, neither of which are, in my own opinion, as fun or as much quality to the game as it used to be. 1 shard is, to me, insulting. 15 coins instead of an item that I might be able to use for a gnome quest is almost as bad.

To me, the fun was building the inventory so that when I did a character quest or a gnome quest, I didn't have to wait for hours to get the right item. Yes, I have tried to adjust. That fact that I have over 300 blue keys attests to that. I just don't find that MC is as much of a quality game that it used to be. I feel like I am either being treated like the village idiot by getting 1 shard, or a kindergartner by them telling me I can't have any inventory backed up. Mind you, I am not talking about 100 of each item. I am talking about 30. But apparently even 10 is too much in this game now.

So please, enjoy your game. I would be the first to say that I am glad that you enjoy it. I just am not enjoying it right now.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 14, 16 7:29 PM
sadie, I applaud the work it took to get all those blue keys. You really have been busy. I have a measly 45 blue keys.

I'm bored out of my skull too waiting for the next update. To me, the DQs, Trina and the blue key quests are all just inventory hogs. They drain all your inventory and give back very little. So I don't play them. Once in while, if it's easy, I'll play the DQ.

We agree that we would have preferred the drop rates be left alone. I would much rather get an inventory item like we used to than a shard. But, for whatever reason, if everything is going to stay the way it is, then our only choice is to stop playing or play with what we've got.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on May 14, 16 7:33 PM
I had pretty much adapted, and posted my pleasure...yes pleasure, that the HOS drop rates had been returned to approximately 60%. Others did analysis as well, and found the same thing. We said "we could live with it". But, when the Spring Event happened, and we were all so busy with the Spring Rooms, nobody noticed that they had once again changed the drop rate of HOS items in the regular game back to 20%. I posted about this elsewhere. If players are happy at 60%, what is wrong with compromise? Why not just let it alone? WHY was it changed back, after the 60% drop caused all the uproar to end? Why keep tweaking it? Does it have to be different every day? Why are we being tested this way? If the majority can accept 60% drop on HOS items, what is so wrong with that? I've said it before, and I'll say it again...happy people spend money on things that make them happy. Unhappy people do NOT spend money on things that make them unhappy. I am also confused as to why the drop rates are different in my level 71 game (lower) and my level 28 game (higher). Maybe all the "tweaking" has caused a permanent glitch...I don't know. But, please fix this or the complaining will never end until all of us who care are gone from this game. Please BF, have a

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 14, 16 7:58 PM
On vacation for a couple more days, but I had an opportunity to check in. First, I see no difference in the item drop rate percentage between my level 71 iPad and my level 43 pc game. What I HAVE noticed is that it takes me longer to go through some of the levels on the pc game than it did for the iPad game. I think the decrease in inventory drop rate was intended to do just that. Plus, I will have difficulty with the upper levels that require all the coins because I just don't have the interest in going into the HOSs repeatedly because there is no reason for so doing. It will be interesting to see if I actually get too frustrated and give up on the pc game when I hit the very expensive 50s and 60s.

So, I STILL say -- Devs, please please please give us back our inventory.

Stina_E
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Stina_E on May 14, 16 11:09 PM
Just had to put in a good word for the game in its current form. I've been playing for almost two years, lost my game a year ago, and am now finally on level 70. I don't have a problem with recent changes. The blue key quests have been good for inventory, and I spend a few diamonds whenever I get too frustrated with a quest. But haven't got the Market Master achievement yet, so I'm not too extravagent. I'm just taking the quests as they come, and quite enjoy the harbor scenes. I just hope the developers keep on creating new scenes for us every few months, an event every once in a while, and achievements I can take or leave.

[Post New]by second_childhood on May 15, 16 4:02 PM
Just my two cents - first the moderators asked us not to comment just to bump this thread, so not commenting may be more a sign of respect for the rules than adjusting to the new game.

Having five or six of an item and enough coins to open a new level and the three or four new zz's or HOS that goes with the new level before spending diamonds or buying coins is not possible with the new drop rate. I wasn't hoarding, I was taking 30 minutes to do some HOS's and build my coins and inventory for my major playing time - the week-end.

I'm not at level 71, I'm still in the 50's. Yes, it's a marathon, not a sprint and I used to enjoy the journey. But the trees have been replaced by those sharp ugly shards, I keep stumbling over those lousy 15 coins and completing an HOS no longer puts you ahead by the same distance.

If you want to know just how much the game has changed, create a secondary game and see how far you go before you think the game is not only costly but boring and repetitious.

Please bring back the original HOS drop rate.

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on May 15, 16 4:52 PM
I am sooooo tired of the blue keys!!! After you get the pets you don't need them anymore. You can earn food for the pets by playing the game.Now that the Spring Event is over the game is pretty boring again. For a short time during the Spring Event I forgot how boring. So I will gift and spin the free wheel and check for an update.
I have almost 900 keys! What do I do with them DEVS?

Edited on 05/16/2016 at 4:16:41 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 15, 16 5:59 PM
NoFishToday wrote:But, when the Spring Event happened, and we were all so busy with the Spring Rooms, nobody noticed that they had once again changed the drop rate of HOS items in the regular game back to 20%.

I noticed immediately! That's why I didn't do any rounds during the event, just the Terrace & chasing eggs. At least there I knew I would get an item.
Now that we're back to the regular game & I'm getting mostly coins, a few unneeded items, & worthless shards, my motivation is evaporating. Getting a shard as a "reward" is an insult.
I'm still not getting what I need for CQs or GQs from the HOS. Not until I don't need it anymore. The only way I can advance is by the generosity of my friends. The thing keeping me coming back is to send gifts to my wonderful, generous friends. Sadly, a lot of them have quit.

Yes, we adapt, we persevere, & we trudge along, but that will never change the fact that this was a downgrade & a terrible decision & we will never like it!

Bettemus1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Bettemus1 on May 20, 16 6:38 AM
to those of you commenting that gifting has been made impossible by the downgrade: point one: most of us have learned to accepting to receiving very few gifts when your whish list is a little exclusive. Even in the "good old days' certain items were needed so frequently that you preferred to keep them for your own use ( how I hated the Binding Egg).
Second point: if you gift an item, this item is most likely to drop from the HOS you received it from, by the first time you visit it after the gifting. Not everybody has noticed this interesting feature, I guess.
I personally still like the game although annoyed by the gold and shards as "reward". The game is free, and that always comes with an option of spending real money to advance the game. The salary for programmers has to come from somewhere, and I personally assume that the chances where done to make a better business case out of Midnight.
I hope this viewpoint does not offend anyone - it is not the attention.

Go to: