Do you ever return to previous islands?

[Post New]by rodneybear2 on Dec 3, 08 2:03 PM
I have built the ship and am ready to set sail. I read somwhere about someone demolishing thier buildings for the supplies. Should I do this before I set sail or can I come back to islands I have lived on if I wish?

Lady_BunBun
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Do you ever return to previous islands?

[Post New]by Lady_BunBun on Dec 3, 08 2:16 PM
I wouldn't bother taking apart buildings to keep the supplies because the supplies do not travel with you. Whenever you get to a new island you have to establish the wood, rock, and food supplies over. The only supplies that do travel with you from island to island are potion supplies.

I have never returned to a previously inhabited island so I have no idea if the buildings stay or not.

FlorencePS
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FlorencePS on Dec 6, 08 6:20 PM
And I just read a post by one of the more learned sages in these forums (tried to go back and find it for you, so I could give credit to the person who said this), but at any rate, they said you cannot go back to an inhabited island. You can go back by typing in that island's #, however, it would be reset as if you had never been there.

That would be fun, though wouldn't it? Being able to travel back and forth to visit those you left behind?

Mystbecky
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by Mystbecky on Mar 23, 09 7:26 PM
Thank you so much Florence & "whoever said it" for providing the information about travel back to an island. I 'almost' jump on my new ark, but the warning came up that said "NOTE: This can not be undone" I am going to stay & finish up my towers, then move on. THX again

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 24, 09 1:39 PM
FlorencePS wrote:And I just read a post by one of the more learned sages in these forums (tried to go back and find it for you, so I could give credit to the person who said this), but at any rate, they said you cannot go back to an inhabited island. You can go back by typing in that island's #, however, it would be reset as if you had never been there.

That would be fun, though wouldn't it? Being able to travel back and forth to visit those you left behind?

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 24, 09 1:41 PM
FlorencePS wrote:And I just read a post by one of the more learned sages in these forums (tried to go back and find it for you, so I could give credit to the person who said this), but at any rate, they said you cannot go back to an inhabited island. You can go back by typing in that island's #, however, it would be reset as if you had never been there.

Visit those that you left behind? I thought everyone (except those dead) entered the boat upon departure? When you leave an island do you actually leave people behind that are NOT dead. I am new and have so much to share and learn.

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on Apr 20, 09 6:01 AM
Every live person does go with you.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 24, 09 4:09 PM
I returned to a previous island once and everything was gone, including the tombstones of those who died. Unless you really like an island's layout there's no point.

Go to: