doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

comment and review for; Eternal Night: Realm of Souls

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 17, 11 1:21 AM
This game is a whole lot of things...........but it ain't a HOG!! I would call it an adventure game with H0 scenes, puzzles and ahhh....other stuff.

The graphics are very bold and bright and it has an Indian or Middle Eastern look that is different and refreshing. Sort of shiny, chrome looking.......go look for yourself!

The cursor doesn't drop out or even come into play because you're not bogged down with endless H0 piles. The hint system is very good. In some games the hint system only works in the HOG's. (which is sorry) The hint system here nudges you in the correct direction without just telling you what to do. They did a good job with it.

The story deals with Egyptian Gods. You have to rescue/build/assist to make something happen or was it not happen? . The story is there to string together a bunch of really unique ( not necessarily difficult) puzzles and other feats that you must perform. It's not earth shattering or deep.

As you progress you acquire amulets, each of which gives you more powers. You perform various deeds and locate and assemble items to gain another amulet.
Please note, there are no junk pile H0 scenes in this game!!! That also was done in a first class manner. No toasters or cell phones!!!

The music is ancient Egyptian. For you younger folks that can't remember back that far it's mostly flute playing that reminds you of every snake charmer you ever heard. They don't overdo it and I didn't find it obnoxious.

There is quite a lot to do in this game. It has a lot of new twists and turns in the game play that I found quite enjoyable. It is complicated but once you get into it I think it will be a buy. I'm definitely buying it. Give it a try.
I think it warrants
Dr.good

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:comment and review for; Eternal Night: Realm of Souls

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jan 17, 11 3:06 AM
Thanks for this review doctorgood.

This looks just the kind of game I love so I'm off to download it. It's so useful to have this sort of review because if the game has junkpile HOGs & no interaction I don't even bother to download.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 17, 11 4:54 AM
Just make sure you try the demo before you buy. It is not playing nicely with all machines.

[Post New]by kduvall508 on Jan 17, 11 4:24 PM
Mine doesn't work. My screen just flashes.

abhita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by abhita on Jan 17, 11 10:48 PM
mine downloaded and going well so far, but am stuck on trying to find the blue charm stone and the wheat for brazier stone thingy.....graphics lovely and colours great....

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Jan 17, 11 11:06 PM
i tried the demo and loved it. i like the lack of junk pile HOG scenes. the puzzles are not too hard, and seem to have a lot of variation. the graphics and music are just my taste too. only problem is it took forever to load new scenes. no wonder, my machine is so old now.... will have to try it out on a different one!

Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Jan 18, 11 9:20 AM
Tried this one, a little slow and just alot of lights and colors flashing, this one is just not for me. I think I'll pass on this one JMHO.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 18, 11 9:48 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread so that we can keep all reviews together in our now stickied Your Comments and Reviews for Eternal Night: Realm of Souls thread.

I'll include a link in that thread to this one so that your comments are easy to find, but feel free to repost in the other thread as well.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: