peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for: Kaptain Brawe - Episode 2

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 17, 11 3:56 AM
Just a continuation from the first episode. I have a feeling that they may keep bringing out these "episodes" for as long as we keep paying. What do you say ivanbral?
I did enjoy the first one but will not keep paying this price for quite short episodes. I got near the end of Chapter 2 in 40 minutes. Sorry devs, I think that you should have put them together. Will definitely buy as a DD. Have fun all.
ETA. I suggest that if you have not played the first one, you do so before this and also look at the forums for episode 1.

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 10:55:56 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Kaptain Brawe - Episode 2

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 17, 11 7:44 AM
I remember the first episode coming out just before Christmas and many fishies were upset over the split in the game.

I didn't play or demo at that time because I wanted to see what BF would decide to do with the game.

It seems they will continue to have episodes, which is fine, but I need to play the first one before this.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 17, 11 10:52 AM
Well I this type of game plus I had to buy it because I wanted to finish what I started with Episode 1.

Please, please, please Ivan and everyone at Cateia Games make your games a bit longer in future <insert begging emoticon here>.

This would have been a great game and well worth the money in one piece but is I fear a bit overpriced being in two halves.

Cherb

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 17, 11 11:31 AM
Thanks peglegann for starting this thread up!

We've gone ahead and stickied it and hope you all have fun with the game!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Kaptain Brawe - Episode II technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 17, 11 11:35 AM
I had no idea this had been released till I saw someone mention it in another forum. I really enjoyed the first one, so this is a sure buy for me.

Lots of good games coming out lately, I like it!

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Jan 18, 11 2:12 AM

I really like this type of game, but again I'm reading that it's very short. Too short for me to even try. I would like to send a message to the developers for this series and suggest that they really consider compiling the entire thing into a single game instead of breaking it into tiny, bite-sized bits. I would really love to try it. Honest.

Would you really go to a car dealership and look at a new car, test drive it, then pay full price but only get a steering wheel? Then you have to come back in a month for the front wheels for the same price again? Then keep doing this once a month, paying each time, until you finally get the whole car?

Best of luck to you guys, but I'll be waiting until it's a single game, if that ever happens.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jan 19, 11 5:38 AM
I bought and beat the first episode when it came out and was disappointed by the short length of an otherwise great game. Now I read that this episode is also short. According to the first post, I should be able to make it to the end in the demo? Really?

Yea... think I'll pass on spending my hard earned money on short cliff hanger episodes. That would make this game $14 in two short episodes.

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 5:44:54 AM PST

[Post New]by ImSmallGreenFish on Jan 22, 11 1:04 AM
have played demo and i'm enjoying it
i'm bought it

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Feb 4, 11 7:53 PM
I guess I've already been "broken" by another developer who tends to sell its games as short episodes, three or four to a story line. (These aren't being released by BFG, so I'm not sure I can mention the org's name.) So... maybe it's a mild form of brainwashing, but I really can't complain about the length of these episodes per price .

I love the quirkiness of Kaptain Brawe. I love the characters and the creaky steam-punk contraptions. I love the silly humor. I love the sci-fi theme (with twists.)

Also, I'm not speedy, and I only resort to a walkthrough when really stuck. It takes me at least four to five hours to finish one episode. For faster players, the length may be a problem.

The puzzles are engaging---If you have a fondness for point-and-click adventures, you'll find enough to keep you both busy and entertained. The story is detailed enough to keep you engaged, not so over-detailed that keeping up with it detracts from game-play.

I'm looking forward to future episodes. Fun.

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 7:57:45 PM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Feb 6, 11 4:11 AM
Excellent adventure game in the true sense. I had to use one hint because I missed spotting the clay but after 6 hours of VERY enjoyable play, I'm finished ! . Hilarious psychiatric machine

Well done developers I look forward to another episode.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 25, 11 10:52 PM
The graphics are wonderful.The gameplay is adventure. Sadly it takes quite a bit sometimes to get the characters to do what you want them to. I enjoyed this one as I did with the first, but they are way too short. I can almost finish the game during the hour demo. The storyline is another adventure of our brave and not real bright Kaptain Brawe.

This game is a B.

bugsnuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bugsnuts on Jun 28, 12 11:20 PM
I LOVED the 1st episode, I found that I only had to refer to the walkthrough once or twice. Episode 2, I am constantly consulting the walkthrough and it's driving me NUTS!!! It is much harder than the first one, so if you're new to these types of games or find them difficult, i'd think twice about this one.

[Post New]by chrissyvill on Feb 17, 14 1:00 PM
Hi Fishies,

This game has long been available from the developer or on Steam as a single game download for $9.99. I believe it is BFG that splits the game and charges us twice.

Go to: