ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Dragon Scales - has anyone been as stupid as me?

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jan 17, 11 11:10 AM
Hi! I need help!

I stupidly picked up one of the dragon scales before the quest was unlocked so I only had one left for the quest. I've killed a few since then, but no scales. What should I do. Please help me!!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Dragon Scales - has anyone been as stupid as me?

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jan 17, 11 11:18 AM
Ermm, I don't know if the scales respawn but I would quit and go back and replay from a prior save point.

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jan 17, 11 11:25 AM
Hmmmm that will be difficult as I haven't been very sensible with my saving. Anybody else got any ideas??

Arrrghhhhhhhh. Please help a stupid person.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 17, 11 8:30 PM
I had slain about 5 respawns of that dragon before the scales quest came up. So I picked the scales up first time through and now can't get the ring . I don't think I'm stupid but a respawn of the scales should have been allowed for by the developers incase of instances like this.

Loving the game otherwise, and luckily I have one early save in K2 BUT I'm going to lose hours and hours of play as I'm a long way into K3 already.

Nanbird55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Nanbird55 on Jan 17, 11 9:53 PM
I have killed MANY dragons (more than a dozen, for sure) and I can get them to drop crowns, horns, eggs, and heaps o' treasure, but I have never seen a scale. Ever. I think there's a glitch here, because I am sick of attacking dragons only to come up empty. I have tried using all kinds of attackers, too (Hero, archer, mounted knight, dragon, wizard, you name it!). Even more frustrating is the fact that I have found rings in K3, which of course do me no good. grrr. If anyone has an idea, I, too, would love to hear it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 17, 11 10:01 PM
Nanbird55 wrote:I have killed MANY dragons (more than a dozen, for sure) and I can get them to drop crowns, horns, eggs, and heaps o' treasure, but I have never seen a scale. Ever. I think there's a glitch here, because I am sick of attacking dragons only to come up empty. I have tried using all kinds of attackers, too (Hero, archer, mounted knight, dragon, wizard, you name it!). Even more frustrating is the fact that I have found rings in K3, which of course do me no good. grrr. If anyone has an idea, I, too, would love to hear it.

And you think you should be rewarded for killing us??? Pshaw!! <- closest emoticon for flame.
LOL. Just couldn't resist this reply.

Now, back to your regular games forum program....
Cheers

hickorybabe
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by hickorybabe on Jan 17, 11 11:01 PM
I did the same thing and had to start all over and they really are not dragon scales they look like flowers with green dots they r 2 of them in the dragons lair just make sure u don't pick them up b4 u need them mine didn't come back hope this helps

ESTUS
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ESTUS on Jan 18, 11 1:15 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 12:54:27 PM PST

Brela
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Dragon Scales - has anyone been as stupid as me?

[Post New]by Brela on Jan 18, 11 12:17 PM
ruthiepic wrote:Hi! I need help!

I stupidly picked up one of the dragon scales before the quest was unlocked so I only had one left for the quest. I've killed a few since then, but no scales. What should I do. Please help me!!
Thats exactly what I did and played for 3 hours. Ended up going back to previous saved point, boy was I mad.

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jan 19, 11 10:24 AM
Oh blooming heck. I don't seem to have much choice in the matter do I. I've seen the walkthrough and it doesn't help with this idiotic issue. You definitely shouldn't be able to pick the scales up till needed, or get them when you kill dragons. NOT FAIR. *stamps feet*

lymimer
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by lymimer on Jan 20, 11 10:47 PM
oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

This is enough to make me quit this game and maybe even Big Fish!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 20, 11 11:17 PM
lymimer wrote:oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

This is enough to make me quit this game and maybe even Big Fish!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe time to quit the game...but not . They are not responsible for the programming/actions required for success of this game.
Cheers.

[Post New]by SavySavior on Jan 24, 11 9:28 AM
I am on my 3rd restart for dragon scales...I have 1 set that is visible and unable to gsee or get a 2nd set....will try uninstalling/reinstalling to see if I can get the second set of scales to show. I have spent 30 hours killing dragons and not a single set has dropped. Oh well.....

KRSPDS
Shark
Shark
10,491 Posts

[Post New]by KRSPDS on Jan 24, 11 3:25 PM
SavySavior wrote:I am on my 3rd restart for dragon scales...I have 1 set that is visible and unable to gsee or get a 2nd set....will try uninstalling/reinstalling to see if I can get the second set of scales to show. I have spent 30 hours killing dragons and not a single set has dropped. Oh well.....

Both sets of scales are available (and look the same) in the area and you cannot get any more by killing dragons. One set is near the egg and cave, the other is up the small hill near the minable ruins - where the first dragon attacks from.

I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Belladraco
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Belladraco on Jan 24, 11 6:34 PM
I can only say I am so very glad I read this forum BEFORE I ever got to the Dragons! (Sorry guys, I feel for you!)

debbdi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by debbdi on Jan 25, 11 3:56 PM
I see 2 scales/flowers up in K2 up in the top right corner-but they are behind a locked gate! Any suggestions on where the key to that gate is?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 25, 11 5:25 PM
There is no key - the gate will be opened at some point during the finding the countess a husband quest. Can't remember exactly when, but keep working away at that and she'll open the gate for you.

ilbury
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by ilbury on Jan 28, 11 1:11 PM
i cant acully find them, i havent picked up anything in the dragons lair, if u could tell me where/what they look like then i will probley be able to find them...

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Feb 23, 11 8:53 AM
They look like green honeycombed shapes, one is right by the dragon and the other is over the back of the cave.

Go to: