slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Game too short....save your money

[Post New]by slm1022 on Dec 3, 08 4:26 PM
I feel ripped off because the game was so short and a little aggravating when I finished the game so quickly. Didn't even keep me busy for an afternoon. Big Fish should only charge half or third price on games like this. I was intrigued with the first few minutes of the game so I bought it....what a mistake!

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

Re:Game too short....save your money

[Post New]by podette on Dec 4, 08 12:54 AM
Thanks for the advice, was thinking of buying but not sure.

My mind is now made up, will not bother.

Thanks

Have a good day x x x

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Dec 4, 08 2:33 AM
Thanks for that, I was also thinking of buying it but I think I'll save my money for something else! Shame as the demo was quite fun to play.
xx

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Dec 4, 08 5:00 AM
oops. too late, I bought it

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Dec 6, 08 5:01 AM
Same here - nearly bought it, but then read posts on this forum and decided not to buy - thank you for the info.

[Post New]by madamx51 on Dec 12, 08 3:31 PM
I can't believe with all the good games that big fish has put out and charged a full credit for, they would charge the same for this game. It took longer to read the story then to play the game.

Big Fish has disappointed me big time.

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Dec 13, 08 2:26 PM
I also feel robbed, this game is way too short, if you want a good game avoid this.

I don't suppose there's any way to get a refund?

[Post New]by ILoveMCF on Dec 13, 08 7:58 PM
You know...I usually check and see what others have to say about a game before taking the plunge and spending a credit, but I was intrigued by this one. Definitely save your money. You'll be done 20 minutes after your trial expires and the replay value isn't worth it.

Jaymes007
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Jaymes007 on Dec 14, 08 1:15 AM
This game SUCKS way to short should offer a credit refund, not worth it.

BigFish should be guilty for takeing money for this game, it was a joke.

jolucy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jolucy on Dec 14, 08 5:30 AM
Jaymes007 wrote:This game SUCKS way to short should offer a credit refund, not worth it.

BigFish should be guilty for takeing money for this game, it was a joke.

I sent an email requesting a credit as it was ar too short and a waste of money and they gave me it straight away, if your not happy with a game tell them so, you may be surprised how easy it is to get a refund

[Post New]by PurpleMary on Dec 14, 08 5:56 AM
I love it. It's challenging enough so it's not boring but not so hard that you're always having to find help in the forum for each next step. Sometimes I like a game that isn't so long. I must not be as fast as others but I've been playing for a couple of hours and I haven't finished it yet.

tcwjwu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tcwjwu on Dec 16, 08 4:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I decided to check the forum before buying. I suspected it would be a short game when I'd already found the first gem by the time the trial expired.

Having said that, too bad there weren't a few more chapters. This was quite enjoyable! Any thoughts of offering 'continuing stories' at a discount?

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Dec 18, 08 6:48 AM
If we stop buying games that are too short, no matter how fun they are, the game makers will catch on. Just as I have been passing on games that don't have an untimed mode, I'm now going to take a pass on all games that are too short.

dbs959
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dbs959 on Dec 20, 08 5:44 AM
I disliked this game on so many levels---this is the first time I've ever regretted spending a credit on a HO game---I will be much more cautious in the future!

MandyW_73
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by MandyW_73 on Dec 23, 08 12:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up guys. I have a credit sitting in my account and I was tempted to buy this game. After reading your feedback, I've decided not to.

[Post New]by todifor on Dec 28, 08 7:57 AM
I felt the same way. I contacted them and they gave me another game credit. They don't want you to feel ripped off. Give it a try.

[Post New]by bricktop999 on Dec 29, 08 10:40 PM
Total rip-off!

I'm new to BFG games, having been told about it (and other similar companies) existence a couple of days ago. Bought some BFG credits, played Return to Ravenhearst, loved it! Downloaded some more demos from BFG and went for the full version of Madame Fate and Alabama Smith. The Alabama demo looked promising. I played the entire game on the harder setting, with no hints, in well under two hours. Its so easy its laughable.
I hear good reports of Dracula Origin but am now wary that it may another short rip-off.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 29, 08 10:56 PM
bricktop999 wrote:Total rip-off!

I'm new to BFG games, having been told about it (and other similar companies) existence a couple of days ago. Bought some BFG credits, played Return to Ravenhearst, loved it! Downloaded some more demos from BFG and went for the full version of Madame Fate and Alabama Smith. The Alabama demo looked promising. I played the entire game on the harder setting, with no hints, in well under two hours. Its so easy its laughable.
I hear good reports of Dracula Origin but am now wary that it may another short rip-off.

Alabama was very short. Dracula is great! Worth the credit!

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Dec 30, 08 4:08 PM
Played Dracula before I was a little fish in a big pond, well worth a game credit. Thanks for the heads up on this short game, won't buy it either.

Edited on 12/30/2008 at 4:09:23 PM PST

amahaf2
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by amahaf2 on Dec 31, 08 3:21 PM
I agree that game is entriely too short. How do we get word to Big Fish Games how we feel about this?

Go to: