bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 18, 11 12:05 AM
Mel has gone into hiding after she discovers she can use magic. To make matters worse, wicked creatures called Darklings keep popping up, convinced that Mel is the prophesied one who will build a dark empire for them. Edward, her best friend, eventually finds her hiding in the village of Harakauna and has brought help! Can Mel learn how to use her magical powers for good? Find out in Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy, a fun Strategy game!

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Aveyond: The Darkthrop Prophecy

[Post New]by wvsandy on Jan 18, 11 6:27 AM
Haven't played yet, haven't even downloaded it because I'm at work, but all I can say is \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ that we have the next Aveyond game!!!!!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 18, 11 6:42 AM
The grapihcs are lovely. The gameplay is standard adventure. My only complaint is that yet again Ultimia engine. There are other engines out there for this type of game. I would really like to see one. The storyline is wonderful and as usual well written.

This game is an A.

[Post New]by balgurl22 on Jan 18, 11 11:15 AM
I have been scouring every day, waiting for this game to finally be released! I am so excited! I have already replayed "Lord of Twilight" and "Gates of Night" and now I just need t hurry up and finish "the Lost Orb" again and I will be all set for "The Darkthrop Prophecy!" I can't wait!

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 18, 11 8:25 PM
balgurl22 wrote:I have been scouring every day, waiting for this game to finally be released! I am so excited! I have already replayed "Lord of Twilight" and "Gates of Night" and now I just need t hurry up and finish "the Lost Orb" again and I will be all set for "The Darkthrop Prophecy!" I can't wait!

me too!!! every day!!!! and then someone else had to tell me LOL

Still it's here!!!!!!! Thank you BFG and thank you Amaranth!

[Post New]by amaranth520 on Jan 18, 11 10:19 PM
Enjoy the game! This one was especially fun to make!

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 18, 11 10:36 PM
Thank you very much! Are you... sorry I've forgotten your name... Are you the maker? the man... sorry still can't remember it!

I'm so pleased it's finally gotten here, though. Please do make more! I love the engine, and the story, and everything about it!

Ami

Ibid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Ibid on Jan 19, 11 9:51 AM
Is this just an installment in a new series, like what they did with the last series chopping it up into three episodes, or is it a complete game like with Aveyond 1 and 2?

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 19, 11 10:49 AM
It's the third installment in the Mel story line, and has some of the same history as the first few have.

The slave theme in the first ones carry through in this one, must admit I'm not enamoured by the fact that there are slave's everywhere. But it does add interest, even if i can't really see why there are so many slave's everywhere as they don't do much but get in the way. I really do hope there's a slave revolt along the way, and they stop being slaves.

But the town's and the empire are storylines from the first Aveyonds, as well as the magic training. It looks great! And i am enjoying it!

Ami

[Post New]by amaranth520 on Jan 19, 11 11:26 AM
amiccable, you get to free the slaves in this game.

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 19, 11 11:35 AM
Thank you! And YAY!

Ami

[Post New]by seventhsword2 on Jan 19, 11 7:54 PM
didnt they say this was the last aveyond game or did they mean it was last of the "Prophecy" set

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 19, 11 8:05 PM
I'm sorry i have no idea at all. I absolutely hope it's not!

Mel should marry the prince, and have children, and their decendents could spawn a new prophesy

Ami

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 20, 11 1:58 PM
This is the last game in the Aveyond: Orbs of Magic series.

There will be more Aveyonds, just not featuring Mel & co

amiccable
Shark
Shark
13,206 Posts

[Post New]by amiccable on Jan 23, 11 12:13 PM
YAY!

shazamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by shazamer on Feb 2, 11 7:51 PM
Hi Big Flounder!
I finished the all the others, and now have the darthrop prophesies.
The menu will not let me download previous games. Is that a tech error or just the way the game is set up?
Thanks again!

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 7:53:21 PM PST

shazamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by shazamer on Feb 2, 11 8:01 PM
Oops, I just had to start a new game and found the load old game thing.
thx

[Post New]by Akestrelia on Aug 29, 11 2:48 PM
Was ready to start TDP, but the last game save at the end of TLO did not automatically install to TDP (It's on the desktop. What do I do?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 30, 11 11:53 PM
If you want to continue from TLO, you need to select "new game" at the start. It will then ask you if you want to continue from a previous game.

Do you mean your saved game is on your desktop, or is TLO on your desktop? If the latter, you can always go back to your last game in TLO and save it again.

If you just have a saved game on your desktop, it needs to be saved in the correct folder for the new game to recognise it. It depends on the version of windows you're using, I think, but for me (on Vista) I can find my saved games by typing %appdata% in the address bar of My Computer and then finding a folder named Aveyond 3, subfolder Chapter 4. Move the saved game into there and it *should* work... hopefully.

Go to: