Key (I think) to female having babies after 50

[Post New]by Cyndi56 on Jan 18, 11 4:12 PM
I think I have it figured it out- I started a 19 year old female out as a parent (skill choice) and one male samething- at 43 my female was a master parent but not the male. She just picked who she liked. At 63 she is still having babies. I think if the female is a master parent before the age of 50 she can continue to have babies. I have done this with 2 of my villages.

Re:Key (I think) to female having babies after 50

[Post New]by simcrazygal on May 8, 11 2:24 PM
I like your theory, however I have 1 female who is nursing a baby at age 69 and is still only adept at parenting. I can't figure it out. None of my other women will conceive after age 50?? I was hoping you were right, that would be a great way to make sure someone could always have babies in your village.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 8, 11 6:02 PM
I have never tried this myself, but other have reported females over 50 may get pregnant if you set their preferred skill to parenting (at any level) and then you close down the game for several hours without pausing it. When you come back, your females may be pregnant. No one has ever seen it happen or caused it to happen, it seems to only work when you leave them alone!

dlm_innovative
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by dlm_innovative on May 23, 11 1:56 AM
Maybe it's a glitch, albeit a potentially useful glitch!
Hmm, I am running three VV4 games, and I think in one of them I have two women over the age of 50, and I still need more villagers; perhaps I should try that on them to see if they'd get babies??!?

[Post New]by not2old4games on Jun 12, 11 3:55 AM
I have a problem with my villagers. I only have one adult female (the other one was swept out to sea!) and she has had 7 children but they're all boys! Is there any way to ensure she has a girl next time?

dlm_innovative
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by dlm_innovative on Jul 8, 11 2:02 AM
I tried the experiment with one of my older females - she was age 64 - I clicked her for parenting skills in the Details section for her, left the game running (I usually pause the game, but didn't this time), and went to play one of my other games. I knew that there were three younger males that were age 18 or older. The females in this game, especially the older ones, almost always want a 'younger man'! I came back to the game a while later, and sure enough, she was pregnant at the age of 64! I didn't know which of the three young men had done the deed until the child was born where it shows the parents' picture on the details page for the child until he/ she is 14. So it can happen. And because they become 'elderly' at age 66 and walk even slower (!), by the time she had the kid weaned two villager-years later, she was elderly. So I put her in the lab to do research, and let her go fishing once in a while so she'd get some exercise to keep her healthy. And that's where I left off playing... I'll get back to it eventually!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 3, 11 1:44 AM
I just had a 74 year old mother die while nursing. She only had 12 minutes left to go, and the baby died with her, very sad

FireNinetails
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FireNinetails on Oct 11, 11 12:24 PM
A key to having children faster:
1) Pick up a villager and put it on another villager of the opposite gender. Their action will say "go indoors" or something of the sort.
2) When the strip on the bottom says: "This villager just improved on parenting" or something of that sort, go to the female's detail screen.
3) If it does not say "nursing for ________ minutes", repeat steps 1 and 2 until it does say so.
4) If the female's detail screen does say "nursing for _________ minutes", pick her up and drop her down and then she will have a baby in her arms.
*** Do not need to wait until they go into the loveshack. It is just a waste of time.

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 12:25:34 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 11, 11 2:29 PM
An even quicker way to see if you've been successful is to look at the population counter at the top of the screen. It goes up instantly if a female got a baby - you won't need to check her stats.

[Post New]by BleakTea on Nov 26, 11 4:12 PM
Here's what I've seen in game with successfully breeding after 50.

1. I had no success until Medicine was upgraded to level 2. It's maybe possible to do it without the upgrade, but I didn't really try with only lv. 1. Level 3 seems to have made it exceedingly easy, and even my middle aged and older ladies ended up having twins.

2. The best success rates come from women who are Adept at parenting or higher.

3. It works best when the game is off. That is to say, make sure you check Parenting on the woman you want to get pregnant and then turn it off and go do something else. A lot of the time, when I come back a few hours later, most, if not all of the old gals I checked parenting on have had babies while I wasn't looking. Dragging my older villagers on each other to breed does not seem to make the counter go up like when I do it using two young villagers.

4. I have no idea what effect male age has on conception, but my older women definitely seem to have better success rates with younger men. That or they are merely cougars.

5. The oldest mother I've had thus far was about 67 and she lived to raise her twins, but died nearly right after, lol.

Edited on 11/26/2011 at 4:16:43 PM PST

[Post New]by gwhargett on Dec 20, 11 7:39 PM
simcrazygal wrote:I like your theory, however I have 1 female who is nursing a baby at age 69 and is still only adept at parenting. I can't figure it out. None of my other women will conceive after age 50?? I was hoping you were right, that would be a great way to make sure someone could always have babies in your village. [/quote

put them on parenting over 50 and they will have babies while you are off the game

Go to: