10cdiamond
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

How do you get good $$$ for your creations?

[Post New]by 10cdiamond on Jan 18, 11 10:30 PM
Came up wit some great creations- didn't seem to matter if I used more expensive ingredients or not. Made a nice looking bar with almonds and caramel (my 1st- not alot of ingredients). Plain caramel bar wound up paying more, so that was a waste!

Re:How do you get good $$$ for your creations?

[Post New]by thewolfreys on Jan 20, 11 5:38 AM
If you visit the Secret Test Lab - then leave - more ingredients will show up at some ports.
It also helps if you try to make the picture look like the "real" thing - as opposed to say a blue ball...

Sometimes, it has to "taste good", too. Make sure you're reading the suggestions from the guy.

Bars:
Doulan Cocoa, Black Tea, Cayenne Pepper - this one gets the highest I've ever earned

10cdiamond
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by 10cdiamond on Jan 20, 11 8:18 PM
Thanks!!!

10cdiamond
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by 10cdiamond on Feb 2, 11 11:36 PM
Yeah, I've been through 4 times- made different combos, used expensive ingredients and got fancy with the description and designs. Doesn't seem to matter. Nothing ever cracks the $10,000. And then they just go down in value. The cheaper recipes that are supplied wind up paying more- kinda takes the fun out.

Ourself94
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Ourself94 on May 16, 11 3:03 PM
When you get rose available that pays the most usually upwards of $23,000

[Post New]by Ice_cream_cone on May 24, 11 9:38 PM
I didn't know about this! Thanks

Edited on 05/25/2011 at 7:13:07 PM PST

[Post New]by swisscheese1 on May 26, 11 7:49 AM
I try to create things with two or three of the really expensive ingredients that are hopefully found in the same port (ie, I make an exotic with rose petals and orange liqueur, both of which are in Zurich, and combine them with either balinese or doualan cocoa and cardamom (which is also available in both Bali and Douala). I made a coffee with espresso and coffee liqueur and whiskey, all of which is available in Las Vegas.

In my experience, the ingredients with the most return are cardamom, rose petals, saffron, orange liqueur, hazelnuts and wasabi....it's just a matter of combining some of those ingredients in appealing items. And always try to sell them in the shops you own.

One other thing I've noticed is that if I save and quit the game, and then come back to it, the prices fall. Several times when I've played DBD, when it was time to return to my non computer life, instead of saving and quitting, I just minimize the window and the prices stay at their higher places.

hope that helps!

HungryHenry
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by HungryHenry on Jun 5, 11 9:17 PM
Whoa! I never knew the prices of items would drop simply by saving and quitting your game! But even so...You and your computer need a break, so you've gotta save and quit your game at some point in time. It's unavoidable after all.

Shelbot77
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Shelbot77 on Jun 9, 13 3:22 AM
Your own shops will pay you the most for your creations, and I found that creating with saffron helped me out a bit and then again creating with new ingridents helps too.
I apologize for the spelling

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on Jun 25, 13 8:39 PM
Try using maple syrup and rose petals, the prices are awesome

Peach

jmb1363
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jmb1363 on Jun 22, 14 7:00 AM
I make an exotic with 2 saffron, 1 Bali cacao, I maple syrup, and 1 vanilla. Sells for around 40,000 in my own shops. Can use another ingredient besides the vanilla too...rose petals, nutmeg, etc.....any of the more expensive ones will get you great return. Also ,make a maple sugar exotic that is 3 maple sugar, 1 truffle powder, one Bali cacao...that goes for 20,000+. Tried one the other day that was "salt and Pepper"...cayenne pepper, sea salt, maple sugar, 2 bali cacao....that one was priced pretty high too.

At the beginning of the game, I never make my first recipe until new stuff comes into the market....and my first bar is 1 Duaolan cacao, 1 cayenne pepper, 1 currant. Usually sells for around 4,000 (sometimes it gets down to mid to low 3000's, but still good for not having much available to work with). My second recipe is always coffee and I wait til I have nutmeg available...I make one with Cuban coffee (I always use this as we get 5000 free), anise and nutmeg...that goes for between 4-5000. Have tried it with black tea instead of nutmeg and that works well too.

Go to: