bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 19, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by holofernes on Jan 19, 11 8:47 AM
I so much dislike the games where you have to make the player walk from one place to another. Fortunately I only downloaded this one to play for an hour - just to see whether or not I would enjoy it. It would be useful if we were told this in advance of downloading the game.

Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by denisegraue on Jan 20, 11 9:46 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life players.

I have gone to the porter 3 different times to get the toner. I can not get it from him.

[Post New]by persia0000 on Jan 21, 11 8:22 PM
I had the exact same issue with being unable to get the toner from the Porter and had to completely restart the game to continue.

Now, I have a second glitch that makes the game completely unplayable.

I am in the Second part of the game (Venice), and I am at the very end and there is a cinematic that is supposed to play that transports the character to the third act (Cairo). I have done all necessary steps and checked against many walk-throughs to make sure I didn't miss any steps, but it will not let me leave and says "I still have something I need to do here"... but I don't. Further, I have gone back to previous Saved games and gone step by step, and I still am not able to proceed.

I really don't want to start this game over for a third time as I've already invested many hours getting to the point in the game I am currently in. Any one have a solution to fix this?

Thanks

Edited on 01/21/2011 at 8:22:59 PM PST

[Post New]by alanolan on Jan 22, 11 9:47 AM
Major glitch...I have restarted the level 3 times now and the result is the same.I get the money out of the safe and the hanger is still locked with the dog sitting there.I even went to youtube and followed step by step from the video walkthrough after restarting the level.It made no difference the gate is still locked.It is a shame I would really like to finish this game.Anyone else have the same issue? Any tips as to how I may resolve this other than starting the game over,I already have 22 hours invested in it.

[Post New]by karend7 on Jan 23, 11 12:14 PM
I am having the same problem - can't leave Venice. Anyone have a solution?

[Post New]by needlefish on Jan 23, 11 2:23 PM
i personally loved this game. What a refreshing change from the usual HOG....this game actually made you think. Reminded me alot of the Myst series. While the puzzles were challenging, they were ultimatley logical. The dialogue, while quite lengthy, was interesting and the voice overs were well done (no english accents while in Cairo!!) and the graphics were also very good. It was a good length and the story was interesting and unfolded sequentially. I have to admit that i was initially put off by the "Arcade and Action" label - ???. As a result of playing this game, I am now emursed in "The Scorpio Ritual". Hopefully more games like this to come.

[Post New]by COMPUCHIPS on Jan 24, 11 11:23 AM
I have a problem, when I have to go to get valve,in the conversation she's suppose to give me the money but it doesn't go on inventory and then go to get the parcel and we talk but no parcel help!

[Post New]by swifty58 on Jan 24, 11 3:42 PM
I am nearing the end of the game - we are on Bimini. I have collected the fruit, and spoken to the "Count", and, according to the walkthrough, am now supposed to speak to the villager to find out the correct combination of fruits. Unfortunately, even though Bimini is apparently extremely small, I am unable to find this mysterious villager. What the heck??????? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by beth41193 on Jan 25, 11 10:25 AM
I am also stuck in venice..................HELP

jjhilburn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jjhilburn on Jan 25, 11 6:54 PM
persia0000 wrote:I had the exact same issue with being unable to get the toner from the Porter and had to completely restart the game to continue.

Now, I have a second glitch that makes the game completely unplayable.

I am in the Second part of the game (Venice), and I am at the very end and there is a cinematic that is supposed to play that transports the character to the third act (Cairo). I have done all necessary steps and checked against many walk-throughs to make sure I didn't miss any steps, but it will not let me leave and says "I still have something I need to do here"... but I don't. Further, I have gone back to previous Saved games and gone step by step, and I still am not able to proceed.

I really don't want to start this game over for a third time as I've already invested many hours getting to the point in the game I am currently in. Any one have a solution to fix this?

Thanks

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM -- WE NEED A FIX!

[Post New]by missmerrily on Jan 26, 11 8:06 AM
same thing with toner... completely ruined what was a fun game until this point. Bah humbug!

[Post New]by ldl6500 on Jan 26, 11 9:12 AM
This game should be deleted. I have had to restart this game 3 times. I cant get the toner,I cant get the ramrod to unlock the bottom of chest.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 26, 11 9:48 AM
Hello everyone,

It looks like a number of you are experiencing a block at the toner. If you could please write in to Tech Support with this issue so that we can collect more information on this, we'd really appreciate it.

To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit this form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Cat_28 on Jan 27, 11 11:54 PM
ldl6500 wrote:This game should be deleted. I have had to restart this game 3 times. I cant get the toner,I cant get the ramrod to unlock the bottom of chest.

The ramrod, you get when you right click on the gun and then touch it in your items view. The ramrod is a part of the gun. Sorry no idea on the toner, had no problem there.

I'm having a problem just outside the hanger in Gibraltar. When I've done talking to Sarah, I walk outside to the hanger front and the game shows that it's loading, but it never stops!!!!! How do I fix this?!?!?!?!?

[Post New]by ajdrifter on Jan 28, 11 10:19 AM
I am stuck in Venice, as well. I'm assuming the cut scene to take me to cairo won't play for some glitchy reason. I have talked to live chat and I am waiting for an e-mail with instructions on how to try and fix the problem. I'll let you know if it works, ASAP. But if anyone else has figured out the glitch please post. I would love to finish this game! I am going to play the Scorpio Ritual next.

I was told to upgrade my vid card, adobe flash and shockwave. I did these things, but also restarted the game right before the Venice Chapter. I made it Cairo. This game seems to have a lot of problems. Not confident I will get to the end without getting stuck again!

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 5:32:33 PM PST

[Post New]by jennd4 on Jan 28, 11 11:06 AM
I'm having an issue in Cairo in the marketplace the camel handler is supposed to give me the whip but it doesnt appear in my inventory. I've done all the necessary steps.

[Post New]by reddice on Jan 28, 11 9:12 PM
There a numerous glitches in this game. When the cursor displays a hand symbol instead of the triangle you know there's a glitch coming. In Venice the guy said he'd give me the list of chest contents but they never appeared in my inventory. Started game again, have learned to save my games, now I had the list of chest contents but the book I wrote disappears from my inventory (so no mask or firecracker). Had to go back 3 saves finally to get the game to flow properly. Then I can't leave Palazzo Celeste in Venice - bad guy never shows up to make me flee to Cairo. Now I have to go back 8 saves (I saved a lot) to get to Cairo. In Cairo the dice game with Fatima doesn't work, it won't let me click on the dice to select them. Went back 4 saves, dice game worked. Now I am In Bimini and the elevator doesn't work, although the windmill is going and the lever is set to elevator. So here are my observations: I replayed the game several times over and found that the items I pick up influence the game flow. So now I don't pick up any items until I need them, I just look at them. When you replay do things differently from before to get a different result.

[Post New]by horsesrock2 on Jan 30, 11 9:05 AM
I didn't get the whip from the trader to pick the lemon. Tried 3 times. This game was fun until now.

[Post New]by msodekamp on Jan 30, 11 9:54 AM
COMPUCHIPS wrote:I have a problem, when I have to go to get valve,in the conversation she's suppose to give me the money but it doesn't go on inventory and then go to get the parcel and we talk but no parcel help!

Go to: