bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 19, 11 2:05 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 19, 11 3:03 AM
I'm with you Gran. I love the story and the graphics are very good but the slow pace is a turn off. For years I played nothing but adventure games but these days I find them slow and the dialogues lengthy and boring. I want to do things, not chit-chat. I am unfamiliar with this game and suspect it is an old game. I like that BFG is getting some of these older adventures. I am just sorry that I don't enjoy them like I used to.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Jan 19, 11 3:50 AM
Definately an adventure game but I have to admit that I already bought it and I am very much enjoying it, there is allot of walking around but if you double click your character will run, speeds up the game and takes away some of the slow game frustration. I will let you know how much I enjoyed it when I am done with the game but for now I can only say that I am loving it

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 19, 11 4:07 AM
Weeelll, 1 Giga full of "bla-bla" - I'll save the space...

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 19, 11 4:21 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Weeelll, 1 Giga full of "bla-bla" - I'll save the space...

LOL! How funny! Well, I for one am tired of "Adventure Games" getting listed as something else! Last time it was "Death at Faring Point" being listed as a HOG and it had 1 Hidden Object Scene in the whole entire game the rest was adventure gaming so it was improperly listed. From everyone's reviews so far this is an adventure game and it's listed as an "Action and Arcade" game. Why don't they just call it what it is? I just think that's so strange. There some people who do like Adventure games here. Do they think that they'll somehow get more people to buy it by lying about the genre? Is it somehow like putting a ribbon on a potato for them? ha ha ha! I don't know, but while the graphics look lovely I don't feel like wandering aimlessly around for hours on end! I'll stick with my HOGs and IHOGs, thank you!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 19, 11 4:45 AM
I like Ihogs and FRogs because they incorporate a nice amount of adventure gaming in them. But pure adventure games had one credo...always make the next one harder than the last. And that turned me off after so many years of hair tearing.

My least favorite adventure games are ones that have characters. Especially your character that has to walk or run to every location. Aside from Syberia, I dinna have the patience. I like to 'play' the game, not 'control' the game.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 19, 11 4:57 AM
I'm with Goofy Duck, this is mislabeld. No way it's an Action Arcade. It's an adventure.

I don't think they are lying about what kind of game it is. I think that whoever labeled it is not a gamer like us.

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 4:59:40 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 19, 11 5:05 AM
This is a very slow large file game. Okay for the trial time, but I wouldn`t buy this game. But if you are desperate for a large file game, you should definete take a look. Happy gaming

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jan 19, 11 5:36 AM
The problem for me is not the game itself but trying to use the walkthrough is frustrating. It is very incomplete. I tried for almost 5 minutes to get the ramrod out of the gun - which was a pain to get to - and still couldn't do it. I uninstalled. Not a buy for me - too slow and very frustrating.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 19, 11 5:37 AM
I played this game last year, from another source. To find it here at this price is a good bargain. I thought it was a very enjoyable adventure game. I've been hoping it would someday be offered at . It does get better as the story progresses, with beautiful graphics and locations to visit. And, unlike most Large File Adventures, there's a demo to see how it works on your pc and what you think of the game play. Like most large file games, there's little hand holding, no hidden object scenes but good puzzles, and it's up to you to unravel mysteries in several countries. Like a movie that takes a while to set up all the characters and storyline, this game really gets challenging, probably after the demo time is over. If you like pure adventure games, give this one a try!

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jan 19, 11 6:37 AM
I've played twenty minutes and it is just too slow and tedious. I'm really frustrated as I've not had great luck with many of the HOG or adventure games offered in the last several weeks. Either they will not fit my screen, they won't play at all or they keep freezing up. Have done all the suggestions and I really think it must be Big Fish and not my computer. Need to go looking elsewhere I guess

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 19, 11 6:46 AM
i personally do not care for this type of game. plus i will not buy any game with a "floating" cursor. i found the womans voice irritating and the game slow and boring

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 19, 11 6:54 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Weeelll, 1 Giga full of "bla-bla" - I'll save the space...

LOL! How funny! Well, I for one am tired of "Adventure Games" getting listed as something else!

I for one love adventure games, and am soooo thankful that BFG throws one in from time to time. Sadly I usually have already bought them if they are older ones, but it is great that others get a chance to play them. But Nancy Drew, Art of Murder and Carol Reed games are some I get to buy here much cheaper than the store. So glad BFG offers other genres than just HOG games although I will buy those too if they are very interactive or have a adventure game quality.

I do wish that adventure games would be classified as adventure games here. "Large file " is a poor title as it could be any kind of game that would be a large file. Adventure games and HOGs seem to be blending together and sometimes it is hard to tell which way to place them. But "Large file" really serves no purpose other than to tell me the download is large.

Thank you BFG for the variety of games here. I love the adventure and RPG and Match-3 too!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 19, 11 7:45 AM
I am confused as to what type of game it is. Usually when you click on the game on the right it gives you the genre of the game with other games of that genre... when I click on this game I get "Action and Arcade", then it lists the top five. I use this as a guide to what type of game the offered one is.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jan 19, 11 7:53 AM
Coronagold wrote:I like Ihogs and FRogs because they incorporate a nice amount of adventure gaming in them. But pure adventure games had one credo...always make the next one harder than the last. And that turned me off after so many years of hair tearing.

My least favorite adventure games are ones that have characters. Especially your character that has to walk or run to every location. Aside from Syberia, I dinna have the patience. I like to 'play' the game, not 'control' the game.
I agree, we want to paly the game, not control the game , thank for the good point.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 19, 11 8:45 AM
I am downloading this game now, I hope i wont be disappointed. I love third party point and clicks.HoGs are not my favorite games at all,though i have played some that have had a mixture of point and click also.I couldn't get into carrol Reed games.I like to see and hear the person i am playing. not just hear or read what they are saying.I like full interactive games.Art of Murder, Nancy drew, though you don't see her which is a shame.we will see how this one pans out.Happy gaming fishes.

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Jan 19, 11 8:47 AM
who knows what the game could have been like. Even with directx it was unwatchable and when the game started it froze the computer forcing a hard shut down. NO BUY for me

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 19, 11 9:33 AM
I really enjoy adventure games. And for me this is a great one. It is slow and complicated,but the story is very interesting and it's a mystery. This is a buy for me. But this is only for true adventure game lovers. I like games that take along time to play. I get my moneys worth. And the graphics are great. I like it!

I'd rate this: PORK BELLY

' '
(o)

PORK BELLY:
Likable game. For some, but not for everyone.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Jan 19, 11 11:04 AM
I thought this game looked familiar then realised I'd bought it retail some time ago and never played it. Annoying, since I have a credit and could have got it for free.

I enjoyed the demo a lot so I'm installing my copy now. I don't mind wandering back and forward, I don't have anything better to do at the moment. I loved the graphics and the characters and the story has intrigued me so I'm going to give it a shot. Although I have to say I'm a grade A dunce at these kinds of games so I'll probably turn it off in a huff before too long.

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Jan 19, 11 11:20 AM
glitterbutterfly wrote: Although I have to say I'm a grade A dunce at these kinds of games so I'll probably turn it off in a huff before too long.

Thanks so much for the laugh. I'm in the middle of playing this game now (retail copy). I love adventure games. I always feel like I'm part of the story.

Go to: