bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 19, 11 2:08 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

Edited on 05/22/2011 at 10:34:55 AM PST

hambon
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by hambon on Jan 19, 11 4:46 AM
I down loaded the trial and even with adjusting the sounds the music is drowning out the
talkers. I adjusted the music and I still can not hear the Main character, I don;t think I'll buy
this one although the story line seems entertaining. I really hate reading the conversation.
Sorry BFG.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jan 19, 11 6:02 AM
You might be able to adjust the sound through your system as well. With the game running, right click on your sound icon in the system tray and then click on Open Volume Mixer. You should then be able to adjust the volume for the game in that window.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I always switch the music off completely as i find it annoying!

[Post New]by craneneck on Jan 19, 11 10:26 AM
I went to talk to the janitor about the toner cartridge, and the new cartridge did not go into my inventory. I can no longer speak to him or anyone and am stuck.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Jan 19, 11 11:37 AM
craneneck wrote:I went to talk to the janitor about the toner cartridge, and the new cartridge did not go into my inventory. I can no longer speak to him or anyone and am stuck.

Same here. Seems to be a glitch. I tried from a previous save as well.

[Post New]by Vjkids on Jan 19, 11 11:51 AM
Yep, same problem here. went to talk to janitor, said he gave me tonor and resin, but not in inventory. Now stuck. HELP!

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Jan 19, 11 12:01 PM
AHA! If you downloaded the full version after the demo, you have to start a whole new game. You can't get the toner if you're continuing your demo game. I started over and now I have the toner.

[Post New]by sarge464646 on Jan 19, 11 12:31 PM
I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

[Post New]by Silentone1 on Jan 19, 11 12:45 PM
I am stuck in the conversation with the Gondalier in the meeting hall. He says he has something to give me. But the characters continue to look around. No dialogue and I can not leave the scene.

[Post New]by sarge464646 on Jan 19, 11 2:44 PM
I had to start the game over. Lovely.

Windyleys
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Windyleys on Jan 19, 11 2:46 PM
I have tried this game before on a disc and half way thro it gave up the ghost and I never got to finish it. So great excitment when BFG got the game as I had really enjoyed it. It appears to download ok, but stops when it gets to save, doesn't seem to save, then validating comes up for ages, when you click it tells you the games manager is not responding. I have Windows 7 installed, does anyone think this is the problem, I have downloaded twice and the same both times, although the second time the compatability assistant said to try with different settings which was applied. Please help as I would really like to finish this game as it is really good. thanks
edit add, I have upgraded previously all the cards etc suggested by BigFish

Edited on 01/19/2011 at 2:48:08 PM PST

[Post New]by MICHAELJOHN on Jan 19, 11 2:52 PM
MAN YOU GUYS GOT ANOTHER SCREW UP HERE! YOUR GAMES SEEM TO HAVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS LATELY! I THINK YOU NEED TO TAKE MORE TIME TEST GAMES BETTER! I HAVE BEEN HERE ALMOST 6YRS THIS IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN ALL OF YOU DO! TO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME FROM VERY BEGINNING,I am about to go to other places for my games,I thought I would never say that but this sucks Big time! Thanks for listening,hope you correct this some how,to unfinished,frustrating,no fun to play! better try harder to finish game before you put it up to play! MichaelJohn

jlroeder
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by jlroeder on Jan 19, 11 3:34 PM
Ok, doesn't look like anyone has had the problem I am having....I can't get the chest open ....I have listened to the dictaphone...talked to Claire several times....looked at the jupiter thing and the gale pictures....but the chest still won't open! What am I doing wrong?????

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Jan 19, 11 5:02 PM
I played the sample trial demo version. Enjoyed it so much I bought and downloaded the full version. In the game manager it says that the game has been activated and when I click on Play Now, it pops up a screen that says the trial version time is up and to Buy Now if I want to play the game and won't let me past that window.

braem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by braem on Jan 19, 11 8:03 PM
Purchased game..Have played through to Cairo. Am in the cafe' and have played the dice game with Fatima at least 25 times. You can"t go over 50. Several times I would have beat her but my dice change numbers at the final count and I end up with a score either under or over 50. Her dice always adds up correctly and mine changes after I've chosen them..Crooked..You can't skip the game and go any further, so am just stuck at this site. Please get help or will ask for a credit to be given..Have hundreds of Big Fish games and it seems that lately there have been problems with too many of them. Am a loyal fishie, but something needs to be done with quality control of our games.. Please take action on this, before it's too late and you begin to lose an aquarium full of fishies.. Thanks, PJO

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jan 19, 11 8:49 PM
I am having a similar technical problem to others. I got the bucket of water (after I purchased the game) and gave it to the innkeeper, and he supposedly gave me the powder, but I have no powder, the water is still in my inventory and I can't talk to him anymore. Based on previous posts, I assume starting from scratch will solve the problem. Shame tho.

[Post New]by jude64 on Jan 20, 11 12:14 AM
sarge464646 wrote:I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

me too I've posted Big Fish tech support and am waiting for a reply

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 20, 11 4:17 AM
I got it downloaded, but once I started trying to play, the game stuttered. It stopped and stalled, started then stalled again, over and over. And the audio did the same thing that the video did, although not at the same rate. I couldn't even turn off the game on my own--I had to do a hard reboot.

So I can't say what the game is like, save to say that it didn't play at ALL.

*disappointed*

[Post New]by sarodacker on Jan 20, 11 6:41 AM
I bought this game right away because I enjoyed the first one so much. I cannot get past the opening cut scenes ... the game stutters and stalls when it gets to the screen that says " a few days earlier...." Then I get the blue screen of death, which tells me that the game is caught on a continuous loop, and have to hard boot. This is very disappointing.

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jan 20, 11 7:29 AM
There's a big bug in this game after getting seeds, I re loaded from the bridge with smoke screen, looked at nothing just finished puzzle's and talked, its the cut scene it won't run, I got through just by going back then straight through without doing anything but basic, don't even look at anything only to finish puzzled. I'm in Cairio now Good luck

Go to: