bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 20, 11 2:23 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 2:26:21 AM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jan 20, 11 2:54 AM
I love the Treasure Seekers! I own all of them and will buy this one to add to my collection. In the Options area there is a screen adjustment selection which adjusted the screen resolution perfectly to fit my computer screen. There are Casual and Advanced modes of play. I chose Casual to start with first but will not need the tutorial. The graphics are clear and the artwork is excellent. Nothing is too hard to find and the puzzles so far are manageable without being too frustrating. I've played maybe 20 minutes of the demo and knew right away I would be buying this wonderful game. Thank you developers for having a cursor that doesn't wobble or move slowly; thank you for the screen resolution selections; thank you for the fun to play game that doesn't frustrate or scare a person half to death The music/sound effects are not intrusive, the storyline will take the player to different locations and centuries in time travel. You have Hidden Object scenes and Fragmented Hidden Object scenes ... you don't get bored

If you're not familiar with Treasure Seekers, try the demo, I think you'll like it.

Enjoy fishies!

Faylyn

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jan 20, 11 3:01 AM
I enjoyed the first two Treasure Seeker games and was looking forward to the sequel. However I have to say that I am dissapointed that BFG has put it out as a CE when the first two were not. I realise that with the current economic trend going on, marketing strategies are changing however I think that with this particular game, BFG is way off the mark as to pricing this as a CE. If BFG has decided to change their pricing policy, we as members should be informed. I would like to however bring this to their attention, 6 months ago I was buying at regular price frequently and able to fill out 4-5 punch-cards. Now with the increase of CEs, and the low quality of games recently marked at the normal club price, I barely am able to fill out two punch-cards. I purchase two CEs that come out that month and now am more selective when buying normal games mainly because many of them have been released with numerous glitches. It is safe to say that superior games will now be priced as CE which seems to be the new pricing trend .

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 20, 11 3:40 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:I guess the moderators are having somebody else start the sticky threads for C&R's. They (mods) are good at looking for ones already started. But whoever isn't looking to see that there is one already there I don't think is a mod. It is just done under Flounder's name.

Cherb - we're going backwards!!

I think that whoever started the thread after Dr. Good, has sleepy dust in their eyes . LOL!

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jan 20, 11 3:40 AM
nail on the head! yessireebob! is it me or do we have a little crankiness on our site today?not on this thread , of course! anyway, how bout those STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 3:45:40 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 20, 11 3:45 AM
steelerlady1 wrote:nail on the head! yessireebob!

Am I being thick here? What does this mean please??

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 20, 11 3:46 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:I guess the moderators are having somebody else start the sticky threads for C&R's. They (mods) are good at looking for ones already started. But whoever isn't looking to see that there is one already there I don't think is a mod. It is just done under Flounder's name.

Check out my "gripe" thread. I think it explains everything!
Dr.good
p.s. please note the very favorable review that this C&R starts with.
No offense Faylyn, yours is a very good review!!

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jan 20, 11 3:48 AM
peglegann wrote:
steelerlady1 wrote:nail on the head! yessireebob!

Am I being thick here? What does this mean please??
i was just agreeing with that statement.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 3:49:25 AM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jan 20, 11 3:56 AM
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

I didn't scroll the page so I didn't see there was a C&R already set up. Sorry, I didn't mean to step on any toes or hurt any feelings. Note to Moderator(s): If my comments can be deleted, please do so. I seldom make comments though I buy a lot of games. I'll more than likely remain silent from now on.

Faylyn

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 20, 11 4:09 AM
Faylyn:: I would not worry about what other people say. Some fishes are just in bad moods and have nothing better to say or do. I don't post a lot of comments either and have been playing Big Fish games for over 3 years now. Don't let them get to you! Just enjoy, post when you want to, and have a HAPPY DAY

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 20, 11 4:13 AM
Faylyn wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

I didn't scroll the page so I didn't see there was a C&R already set up. Sorry, I didn't mean to step on any toes or hurt any feelings. Note to Moderator(s): If my comments can be deleted, please do so. I seldom make comments though I buy a lot of games. I'll more than likely remain silent from now on.

Faylyn

You're fine! We don't have a problem. Please don't be upset! A moderator could have based which thread they stickied on the time signature of our posts. Instead they chose to do it based on the content!
Dr.good

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 4:15:08 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 20, 11 4:18 AM
I have always enjoyed the treasure seekers games but never enough to play full price and have always waited for them to come out on the daily deal! I love to buy CE's when they're a good one that has a lot of extra game play. I am reading some people's reviews (on this and another review thread) saying that it has good graphics almost as if they are thinking of something nice to say about the game, LOL! I am looking at the screen shots and I'm seeing the same fuzzy graphics I saw in the same previous games, LOL! I will wait for this one to come out as a SE, thanks! I have all the Treasure Seekers series and it's a "Cute" series but it's not something I rave over enough to shell out the $ for a CE especially with those screen shots I'm seeing. I'll probably update this after I play the demo

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 20, 11 4:27 AM
Shall I post on the 2 threads ? I'm tempted...
Anyway played about 10 minutes of the demo and now I look ten years older (and I don't need that). Graphics are fine but not excellent. It is so slow, when you click on an object in H0 scenes it takes hours to disappear but the worst part is when you click on an item in order to put it in the circle, it either follows, very slowly, in a floating way, your cursor or either decides it was feeling better in it's former place and splits back. It's a painful job playing this game. It soon got on my nerves and I quickly uninstalled the game. A CE for tears and sweat as the game turns you into a raving idiot, no thanks. Otherwise looks pretty easy, I have The Enchanted Canvases, and as far as I could see the guy is still a real dude... (Hi, Sassylassie !!!!)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 20, 11 4:58 AM
Dr. Good. you have missed the whole thing. The thread was already up by the mods when Faylyn quite correctly posted in it. They did not chose a favourable comment/review over yours. Check the times that the thread was posted by the mods.
Faylyn, please carry on reviewing it was very good

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by SeaMoon on Jan 20, 11 5:11 AM
I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jan 20, 11 5:25 AM
I was happy to see a new treasure seekers out, but must say I kind of found it bouring. I liked the others and I do not mind buying CE if it is good... have them all...
this one just did not 'grabbed' me, it did not feel exciting
The things to find is spread all over and I got tired in my eyes. I'll wait a bit with this game, maybe later ....

got2play
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by got2play on Jan 20, 11 5:45 AM
Faylyn wrote:I love the Treasure Seekers! I own all of them and will buy this one to add to my collection. In the Options area there is a screen adjustment selection which adjusted the screen resolution perfectly to fit my computer screen. There are Casual and Advanced modes of play. I chose Casual to start with first but will not need the tutorial. The graphics are clear and the artwork is excellent. Nothing is too hard to find and the puzzles so far are manageable without being too frustrating. I've played maybe 20 minutes of the demo and knew right away I would be buying this wonderful game. Thank you developers for having a cursor that doesn't wobble or move slowly; thank you for the screen resolution selections; thank you for the fun to play game that doesn't frustrate or scare a person half to death The music/sound effects are not intrusive, the storyline will take the player to different locations and centuries in time travel. You have Hidden Object scenes and Fragmented Hidden Object scenes ... you don't get bored

If you're not familiar with Treasure Seekers, try the demo, I think you'll like it.

Enjoy fishies!

Faylyn

Excellent review Faylyn! Thank you!

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jan 20, 11 7:06 AM
Both Faylyn's and doctorgood's reviews are excellent. I personally don't see any problem with two different threads and don't care whose reviews are posted first -- I read them all. Please, everyone, continue posting your always helpful, often amusing reviews and don't worry about whose appears first in the forum. Keep up the good work!

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 7:13:19 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jan 20, 11 7:12 AM
Could I just ask if any of you that have posted a review got past the area in the 'smoky temple' (chapter 2 - Jerusalem) where a lot of us seem to have hit a little 'glitch' in that we cannot move on from here, as we cannot access the water!

C'mon all - spill the beans - how did you do it?

Thanks - Kel

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 20, 11 7:15 AM
I really enjoy the Treasure Seekers games and have bought the CE's in the past. However, with more technical problem posts than anything, I'm not even going to bother to download this one until the problem is fixed. There is nothing worse, in my opinion, to purchase a 'buggy' game, especially a CE. Remember the last MCF? Well, I had to install/uninstall 3 times! Not gonna happen with this one. They fix it, I buy it. They don't fix it? I won't buy it. Simple

Go to: