boosie1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Welcome to Great Secrets: Da Vinci forum

[Post New]by boosie1 on Nov 15, 09 12:11 PM
Bravo to the creators of The Secrets of Da Vinci. The graphics are amazing. Sounds of the stream, bees buzzing, wind blowing, horses in the barne, dogs barking makes this game feel like you are there. Plus the beautiful paintings done by Da Vinci and historical background. The puzzles are more than just puzzling, but thought provoking. Every aspect of this game was enjoyable to me. Wish there were more like it.

Mountain Flowers

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Nov 22, 09 4:33 PM
People are reviewing two different games in this forum...Great Secrets: Da Vinci AND Secrets OF Da Vinci...

Great Secrets: DaVinci is a HOG that is yet another example of non-English speakers failing to have their work proofed before submission...it drove me slightlty crazy to be wished "Congratulation!" each time I finished a level, which was pretty easy to do.

This was a very boring game, as HOGs go, because for each scene there were three or so different "levels" first find everything on the list, then find ten or twenty of these, then find the differences, then do a matching game. Repeat for the next scene. At about 20 minutes I started looking at my watch. DO NOT CONFUSE this game with the puzzle game with the similar name.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jun 21, 10 1:20 AM
The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Pros:
- beautiful, relaxing music
- beautiful graphics - enjoyed seeing many of Da Vinci's paintings
- unlimited hints
- generous timer
- the HOG scenes were the busy-room style rather than the junkpile variety - those are easier to do, in my opinion

Cons:
- during the HOG scenes, there was a 20 second penalty for too many non-productive clicks in a row
- some of the items blended into the background a little too well
- the puzzles (HOG scenes, spot-the-difference scenes, and simple minipuzzles like Memory and put-a-picture-together) were presented in a set pattern which became a bit repetitive before the hour was up

Will Probably Appeal To: those who are looking for a simple, straightforward HOG game

Will Probably Not Appeal To: those who prefer iHOG/iHOG-adventures to plain HOGs or those who don't enjoy a lot of reading mixed in with their gaming

Overall Impression: It was a nice enough game to relax with, but not really outstanding. I became even less impressed with it when I read somewhere that they Da Vinci meeting up with someone who in reality had died almost half a century before Da Vinci was born. I know this was just a game, but I like my games (books too for that matter) to at least keep the major parts of someone's life straight.

[Post New]by dazandsal on Nov 30, 10 8:28 AM
how do i enter the door to the left of the pantry and find the parts for the fountain...I'm lost

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 6, 11 3:42 PM
TnTexas wrote:The following comments are based solely on the demo:

Pros:
- beautiful, relaxing music
- beautiful graphics - enjoyed seeing many of Da Vinci's paintings
- unlimited hints
- generous timer
- the HOG scenes were the busy-room style rather than the junkpile variety - those are easier to do, in my opinion

Cons:
- during the HOG scenes, there was a 20 second penalty for too many non-productive clicks in a row
- some of the items blended into the background a little too well
- the puzzles (HOG scenes, spot-the-difference scenes, and simple minipuzzles like Memory and put-a-picture-together) were presented in a set pattern which became a bit repetitive before the hour was up

Will Probably Appeal To: those who are looking for a simple, straightforward HOG game

Will Probably Not Appeal To: those who prefer iHOG/iHOG-adventures to plain HOGs or those who don't enjoy a lot of reading mixed in with their gaming

Overall Impression: It was a nice enough game to relax with, but not really outstanding. I became even less impressed with it when I read somewhere that they Da Vinci meeting up with someone who in reality had died almost half a century before Da Vinci was born. I know this was just a game, but I like my games (books too for that matter) to at least keep the major parts of someone's life straight.

Hi Fishes, I couldn't agree more with TnTexas about this game.. I liked the music and the variety of games but it wasn't the most outstanding game I've ever played. I found some of the items so terribly small and hard to find but apart from that I will be coming back to play this again.
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by Olliebeak on Jan 23, 13 8:45 AM
I just bought Great Secrets DaVinci and it is driving me mad. I want to excercise my brain not do repetetive rubbish, especially with no curser!!!!

Go to: