bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

RealMYST

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 20, 11 10:10 AM
Experience the world of RealMYST in 3D! Solve perplexing puzzles and return to one of the most popular PC games of all time! Swaying trees and independently roaming animals add life to the formerly static Myst worlds. The RealMYST game includes the complete original Myst game, along with an all-new fifth age, called the Rime Age, which provides a complete ending to the original mystery.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 10:11:22 AM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:RealMYST

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 20, 11 10:40 AM
OMG!!! Are you serious?!?!

Riven and Myst have got to be the two greatest games of all time!!
Not a moment's hesitation here - went straight to the download page!

Don't mind in the least that there is no demo available, and it's downloading now.

If this is the same thing I played many years ago, I'm sure I've forgotten the details by now. So this will provide me with many hours of mind bending, frustrating and deliriously happy gaming! Thank you, !!!

Edited to Add:

Download went smoothly and after a few minutes - no problems operating on Windows XP.

This is a first person 360 degree movement game, for those who are bothered by games like this. But you can move slowly, if that helps anyone.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 11:06:27 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 20, 11 11:45 AM
I have to agree with Lady_Cav! Myst was the game that got me seriously hooked on adventure gaming way back in the day. I looked at Wikipedia and it was the best-selling PC game from 1991-2001! WOW!

Here in 2011, it STILL beats the pants of many games now being released and STILL holds the crown as the best selling adventure game.

The puzzles are difficult and brilliant. You will be engrossed with the story and graphics from the moment you step foot onto the island.

As for cost...I think I recall paying 49.99 for this game back in 1991, so grab it at $6.99!

RealMyst also has an additional "Age" or level to play that was not in the original game.

ETA- I played this on Windows 7 with no issues.

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 11:46:42 AM PST

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 21, 11 3:04 PM
Hi

How do you move slowly ?

I can't manage it and go forward too fast. It makes me a little .....

Thanks for the help

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 21, 11 3:07 PM
marie1931 wrote:Hi

How do you move slowly ?

I can't manage it and go forward too fast. It makes me a little .....

Thanks for the help
Marie - you can try using the arrow keys on your keyboard - then you can move one click at a time. Otherwise, move your mouse very slowly.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 22, 11 9:41 AM
Thanks Lady_Cav for your help

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Feb 11, 11 1:03 PM
I played the original Myst on PC and PlayStation. When I read that there was a new chapter in this version I was interested, but now I've seen the walkthrough and found its not much of a new chapter I'm not so sure its worth buying again. Sorry BFG!

I'd be interested in the newer games though, Riven was better than Myst, and I've still got Revelations but it won't run properly on my PC, hopefully BFG will release a version that will run on lesser PCs and laptops

Go to: