bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to RealMYST forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 20, 11 10:10 AM
Welcome to RealMYST forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other RealMYST players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

Re:Welcome to RealMYST forum

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 21, 11 2:22 PM
Hi BlueStar

I've just bought this game and tried it and stopped after 5 mn ..... It makes me a little sick because I've never played this kind of games before. It's not easy to move.

And can we have subtitles in this game ? I'm french and I see that we need to listen very closely because there is some clues .....

I know I want to improve my english, but .... subtitles would be helpful ....

rowan987
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by rowan987 on Jan 25, 11 11:26 AM
I bought RealMyst and tried it today. It made me feel queasy at first but the problem was when I tried to save and leave I had no menu anywhere , just the scene I was in, nothing else. I had to shut down laptop to leave and couldn't save progress. If anyone can tell me how to save and leave please let me know. No point trying again 'til I sort this out. Thanks in advance.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 25, 11 2:44 PM
Hi Rowan

I have the same problem and posted in the technical issues thread. When I want to save the game, I don't stay where I am but quit the game and find myself in the game manager. If I play again, no pregress saved and I have to start from the beginning.

The only answer I have in the tecnical thread so far, is from another fishie who has the same pb.

rowan987
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by rowan987 on Jan 26, 11 5:21 AM
Thanks for that marie. Do you have an exit button to click on your screen? Mine doesn't even show that and I had to close down laptop to get out of it.

[Post New]by ryann5 on Jan 27, 11 8:15 AM
marie1931 wrote:Hi Rowan

I have the same problem and posted in the technical issues thread. When I want to save the game, I don't stay where I am but quit the game and find myself in the game manager. If I play again, no pregress saved and I have to start from the beginning.

The only answer I have in the tecnical thread so far, is from another fishie who has the same pb.

rowan987
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,083 Posts

[Post New]by rowan987 on Jan 29, 11 1:01 AM
Thanks BlueStarFish, I don't have any of those things. Maybe it's the resolution that needs changed?

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 30, 11 3:15 AM
Hi rowan

When I want to stop playing, I get the menu by pressing the Esc Key on the top left of my laptop keyboard, not the Alt key.

The Menu appears on the screen

Hope it helps

marie

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 3:18:49 AM PST

[Post New]by Genz11 on Aug 25, 11 4:42 AM
thanks for the tech tips i can now play realMYST and save thanx to running game manager as administrator my game doesnt crash when i enter the boat now and i can save the game without exiting to game manager and loosing everything thanx again

I can't save!

[Post New]by QueenDairylolz on Dec 28, 11 12:33 PM
I just bought this game for the sake of nostalgia, and right away, have encountered the same problem that has been reported by several people on this forum: I can't save my progress. Whenever I click "save", it takes me back to the game manager. I have done as much research as possible, and have tried all of the troubleshooting mentioned in every thread. Nothing is helping. Yes, I do have Windows Vista. Yes, I am running it as Administrator. I temporarily disabled my Norton virus scanner. I've tweaked settings. I just don't know what else to do. I absolutely want to play this game. Someone know what else I can do? Help!

[Post New]by WickleMew on Mar 30, 12 5:45 AM
I'm on windows 7 and had much the same issue, looked up a few forums and found downloading the Indeo Codex worked great.

I don't have any problems running the game now! =)

[Post New]by andromeda4bear on Jun 19, 12 6:33 AM
I played the whole saga of Myst since started 1994. And it just got better and better. Brothers Miller are the best. It's still my favorite game. I enjoyed every one of them. Professor Atrus is my hero all the way. The man rocks. As some of you said, yes, it's a hard game. It can take a long time to figure out a clue, but it's fun because you are always inside great scenarios. Every single dialogue matters. Every single letter, sign, numbers, etc. will tell you something. I am playing RealMyst now. And because I played the Original Myst some many times I feel at home, but I have the same problems some are having. I can't save it. I press the esc key, which brings me the screen to close, save, load, and sound, but there's no image to save. If I click on a slot it shows the scene I am but when I press the save option it will bring me back to game manager without saving. This is really stressful.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 824611 on Apr 13, 13 7:54 AM
WickleMew wrote:I'm on windows 7 and had much the same issue, looked up a few forums and found downloading the Indeo Codex worked great.

I don't have any problems running the game now! =)

I have tried just about everything to get this game to work, tech support has been working for 3+ weeks having me try this, that, and the other thing, (they are very supportive...I have no complaints with the support folks), but so far the game still quits when I try to save. I saw your post and thought I would try it, I downloaded it, is there something else I need to do to get it to do its magic to make the game work? I am running win7, and I tried to open the game and save, (no point in trying to play past the opening screen shot at this point), the game quit again! Arrrrg, I am sooo frustrated.

[Post New]by TwinsDad08 on Nov 8, 13 7:46 PM
Realize I'm late to this forum. Just downloaded RealMyst on a Win 7 platform, and had the same issue with saving. Here's what I did to solve it - hope this helps solve issues for others.

1) Go to the folder where the game is installed.
2) Change the security/permissions such that the user name you log in with has at least Modify rights to the folder.
3) Find the subfolder inside labeled SAV. Perform the same change to this folder as in step (2).

To change permissions:
1) Right-click the folder and select Properties.
2) Click the Security tab.
3) Click the "Edit" button.
4) Highlight the "Users" entry, and choose Allow for at least "Modify". I felt comfortable enough to choose "Full Control" for myself. :-)
5) Click "Apply".

I'm now able to save. Didn't have to move the install, "Run as Administrator" or anything else.

alcro
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alcro on May 11, 14 6:16 AM
To save a game I found out you have to press escape on your keyboard then the menu appears that should fix that problem.

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 6:18:53 AM PST

[Post New]by ChrisMc64 on Sep 7, 14 8:36 AM
TwinsDad08 wrote:Realize I'm late to this forum. Just downloaded RealMyst on a Win 7 platform, and had the same issue with saving. Here's what I did to solve it - hope this helps solve issues for others.

1) Go to the folder where the game is installed.
2) Change the security/permissions such that the user name you log in with has at least Modify rights to the folder.
3) Find the subfolder inside labeled SAV. Perform the same change to this folder as in step (2).

To change permissions:
1) Right-click the folder and select Properties.
2) Click the Security tab.
3) Click the "Edit" button.
4) Highlight the "Users" entry, and choose Allow for at least "Modify". I felt comfortable enough to choose "Full Control" for myself. :-)
5) Click "Apply".

I'm now able to save. Didn't have to move the install, "Run as Administrator" or anything else.

AGREED - just tried this with Win7 64-bit, and it worked fine. Thanks!!

WILL NOT SAVE!

[Post New]by relayerplayer2 on Dec 14, 14 9:31 PM
would be great to enjoy the MYST experience, if only it would save.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 15, 14 1:19 PM
Hey relayerplayer2

I'm sorry to see there's trouble with the game saving I did some research, and it appears if the game is run as an administrator, the extra permissions from administrator privileges should allow the game to save. I've included the help article below for some steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

Go to: