bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any RealMYST technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 20, 11 10:12 AM
If you are having problems getting RealMYST to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (ie. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Post any RealMYST technical issues here only

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 20, 11 3:52 PM
I bought and installed the game, and at first it was fine, although some of the colours seemed a bit pixellated. Then after the book shows up mid screen, and I click on it, everything goes haywire, as in several (cursor) hands and books all over the place!

I did a dx diag, and updated my graphics driver (nvidia, and I am using win 7), but it still won't play. I uninstalled, and am now reinstalling. My computer is only a year old (or less), so I am somewhat confused as to the cause

Has anyone else had this problem?

Edited to add that I have tried (and failed) again to play the game.

The Readme file is dated October 6, 2000, and says it is suitable for win 95/98/2000/ME. The info for the game on BF says XP/Vista, and I know other people are playing it okay with win 7

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 8:57:13 PM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 20, 11 9:03 PM
Well, I just installed for the third time, and I still cannot get it to play. Sigh. Guess I will have to email the techies after all.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 21, 11 8:02 AM
mamajay wrote:The Readme file is dated October 6, 2000, and says it is suitable for win 95/98/2000/ME. The info for the game on BF says XP/Vista, and I know other people are playing it okay with win 7

I´m not so sure about that. This game has already been out on another site for quite some time, and they always add the OS requirements to their older games that have been remade. And it did not say that this game was W7 compatible.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 21, 11 12:58 PM
Found the problem! Well, really it was DH who found it, lol. After I showed him what was happening on my screen each time I tried to play, he realised there was a conflict of some sort in the graphics card. After some testing, he worked out it was the 'external' graphics card which apparently is about 5 years old. Soooo, it came out and I just have (for now) the internal onboard graphics card, and now the game works!

So guess who got to play it first while I watched him zoom around really really fast, . Ah well, he did fix the problem after all, lol.

Now I just have to let the techies know the problem is solved

@ Valdy. I guess they must have done something to make the game compatible, as it is definitely working for me now

Jen.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 21, 11 1:55 PM
mamajay wrote:@ Valdy. I guess they must have done something to make the game compatible, as it is definitely working for me now

Jen.

Glad you got it working, Jen.

I haven´t downloaded the game (used to play all the Myst games when they were new, and never got the hang of them), so I don´t know whether the game would work with my W7 computer. All I know is that the other site, where you can get it from, shows that game compatibility is only with XP and Vista.

Happy gaming.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 21, 11 2:17 PM
Valdy,
That place where you can get the whole Cyan series at a discount (1/2 off) this weekend has a work around for Win 7. The community discussion area has information about it. They are getting it to play on Win7.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 11 1:15 AM
mcurty wrote:Valdy,
That place where you can get the whole Cyan series at a discount (1/2 off) this weekend has a work around for Win 7. The community discussion area has information about it. They are getting it to play on Win7.

AHA !! That´s great news. Thanks, mcurty!! I know that other Myst games on that site work for W7, but this was not one of them.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jan 22, 11 8:52 AM
Aughhhhh!

It doesn't run on Windows 7 64 bit!

I was so looking forward to replaying Myst...

I'm just... .

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 24, 11 1:42 PM
Hi

I can't save the game. Everytime I want to save it, I quit the game immediately and find myself on the game manager.

When I want to play again, I have to restart from the beginning.

Can somebody help me and tell me how to save this game ?

I have a pc laptop with vista 32.

Thanks for your help

marie

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Jan 25, 11 6:23 AM
Marie I am having a similar problem. Even though I press one of the 6 boxes and press save, the game immediately exits. When I return to play again the game is not saved. Like you I have had to start at the beginning several times. Would really appreciate some advice.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 25, 11 2:39 PM
Hi mcguind

I see I'm not the only one who have this pb. Maybe we should ask te cs via the green enveloppe....

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Jan 25, 11 4:18 PM
Hey there marie1931 and mcguind! If you are using Vista or Windows 7 and are experiencing save issues, it may help to run the game as Administrator. For detailed steps on that, check out the help article below:

Save Errors

-bfgOkeechobee

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Jan 25, 11 6:04 PM
Thanks for advice. It's wee small hours of the morning here and it's all a bit compliicated. Will try tomorrow, but thanks again.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 26, 11 10:44 AM
Thanks a lot Okeechobee

It works !!!! I apprieciate your help !!! You're the best

marie

mcguind
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by mcguind on Jan 27, 11 5:53 PM
Oh dear. It didn't work for me. Iv'e contacted CS and hope for the best.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 28, 11 12:29 PM
mcguind wrote:Oh dear. It didn't work for me. Iv'e contacted CS and hope for the best.

Hi mcguind

You have to launch the game without the game manager.

You click on the .exe file in the folder of the game. That works by this way (for me).

You can create a short cut on your desk of the.exe file ....

Hope it helps

marie

hyperbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hyperbabe on Feb 3, 11 5:51 AM
I can't even get it to download. It won't even get past 1% and then it says error downloading. Any ideas?

[Post New]by RDMaxwell on Feb 11, 11 3:53 PM
OK, I have purchased this game here and via the 'vaporized water' company. I cannot solve the technical issue in the BFG version with Windows 7 (64 bit).

In the 'water vapor' version it has a RealMystSetup.exe in the application folder.
In addition to using compatibility mode for WinXP, in the RealMystSetup.exe (for the other install) I need to make sure the 3D Hardware (for mine) that is selected is "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 [Direct3D HAL]" the default however is "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 [Direct3D T&L HAL]" The non-T&L version of the driver is the only one that will work. With BFG I cannot change this setting. (Steam Powered also lets me choose 1920x1080 32 Bit screen resolution).

I tried copying the RealMystSetup.exe into the BFG installation folder and running, but it always defaults back to the "T&L" version of 3D Hardware (which is not compatible) and 800 x 600 16 bit screen resolution.

Does anybody know any workarounds for this? I bought this for my kids and I don't want them using my 'water vapor' account.

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 3:57:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Spookypookywooky on Feb 19, 11 3:34 PM
I got as far as the last bit where you choose between the red or blue pages or put the white page in the green book and it froze on me. I couldn't get it to resume so pressed esc and lost everything! When I went back into the game there was no previous game saved or even any of the stages saved, so it seems my only choice is to play it from scratch again!

The last game I bought from Big Fish also had a bug that required me to replay the game from scratch (13th Skull). Doesn't anyone at BFG care about QA anymore?

Go to: