MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Question regarding CEs: Who determines whether a game is a CE?

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 20, 11 10:31 AM
I see a lot of comments in several different game forums where members are blaming BF for releasing so many Collector's Editions but isn't it the game developers - not BF - who make that determination?

I have looked at another game site and the same CE here are also there. Perhaps not at the same time, but eventually. Also, their CEs are priced the same as BF's (one site calls them Premium Edition or some sort).

Moreover, BF isn't keeping you from playing the game, the regular version will be released in a few weeks.

I'll be quiet now.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Question regarding CEs: Who determines whether a game is a CE?

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 20, 11 11:43 AM
Some developers make their own but most CE's sold here are a collabaration with Big Fish, or by a game studio published by BFG.
Thats why margieb is positing she wrote the strategy guide for many of these CE's. Big Fish are making money from these more than anyone.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 20, 11 1:08 PM
Hi MoreOver, sometimes the CE version of a game never makes it here. Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials was released as a CE at the devs site, but not here. Fiction Fixers (the Alice in Wonderland one) is another one.
Salem Witch Trials is such an awesome game that I would've bought the CE, had it been offered here.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 20, 11 6:44 PM
govegril wrote:Some developers make their own but most CE's sold here are a collabaration with Big Fish, or by a game studio published by BFG.
Thats why margieb is positing she wrote the strategy guide for many of these CE's. Big Fish are making money from these more than anyone.

I guess I haven't been following the dialogues regarding who writes the walk throughs and strategy guides enough to know where they come from but I did know that margieb wrote quite a lot of them. Something I would never have the patience to do so kudos to her.

I have no problem with BF profiting on their sales. I've posted several times that I'd be happy with a $9.99 price tag on all of them. It's still cheaper than a movie at a theater.

djrum525 wrote:Hi MoreOver, sometimes the CE version of a game never makes it here. Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials was released as a CE at the devs site, but not here. Fiction Fixers (the Alice in Wonderland one) is another one.
Salem Witch Trials is such an awesome game that I would've bought the CE, had it been offered here.

Yes, I really liked that on too. I need to play it again, lol, after I finish Phantasmat and successfully finish Twisted Lands.

Happy gaming,
MO

Go to: