bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Stroke of Midnight forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 21, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Stroke of Midnight forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Stroke of Midnight players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Stroke of Midnight forum

[Post New]by Hoppity on Jan 22, 11 8:05 PM
All I get is a black screen, then I have to reboot.

[Post New]by taraminnie on Jan 23, 11 11:23 AM
It is like the game is still in test mode. I get a screen that has many options that have to do with design. I will delete and hope that someone takes care of this.
Hey BF we want games we can play. You don't need to be in such a hurry!

geroge1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by geroge1 on Jan 23, 11 1:46 PM
Princess_V wrote:I played the first level then it turned black screen. Had to do a hard reboot. Then tried again and played 5 minutes more and then froze. Had to do another hard reboot. Strike 3 when I tried it one more time, and it turned black screen again when it went from level 2 to level 3. Had to do a 3rd hard reboot. Unless patched, I aint trying it again.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 23, 11 2:16 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're encountering technical issues with The Stroke of Midnight, please feel free to post in the Post any The Stroke of Midnight technical issues here only thread, as we want to keep all technical issues together in that thread.

Please contact our Customer Support team as well. They can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks,

-bfgDonau

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 2:16:45 PM PST

Bennyhaha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Bennyhaha on Jan 24, 11 8:29 AM
I am also having a problem getting this game to start. The only page that comes up (after the blank screen) is one that looks like programer instructions. I have tried to work through those directions but the only thing that happens is that BFG shows that I have used 10 minutes of my game playing time. What gives?

[Post New]by kellyfronte on Jan 24, 11 11:15 AM
This game was boring and lacked the quality we are used to seeing in BF games. There was no inventory, no hint button, it was like dying a slow death. I couldn't wait for this game to be over!

[Post New]by swimfinsmom on Jan 28, 11 6:23 PM
Testing game, already stuck in the hallway with the cobwebby paintings. Don't have anything to clean the paintings with -- what am I supposed to do? Thx.

[Post New]by Morgan_La_Fay on Jan 29, 11 9:12 AM
geroge1 wrote:
Princess_V wrote:I played the first level then it turned black screen. Had to do a hard reboot. Then tried again and played 5 minutes more and then froze. Had to do another hard reboot. Strike 3 when I tried it one more time, and it turned black screen again when it went from level 2 to level 3. Had to do a 3rd hard reboot. Unless patched, I aint trying it again.

I see I'm not the only one who is having to "hard reboot" or having screen freezes. It's very distressing/upsetting/aggravating to have to do this over and over and over... just to play a game.

Here is a portion of my order info from last evening. I want a refund. Contact me privately for more pertinent information.

My Order Date was: 01/28/11
My Order Time was: 10:20:23 PM

My Order Number is: 95392374

DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE TOTAL
- The Stroke of Midnight 1 $ 9.99 $ 9.99

I'm VERY disappointed with the game. Noramlly, I can't say that about BFG.

Thank you.

[Post New]by Morgan_La_Fay on Jan 29, 11 9:16 AM
swimfinsmom wrote:Testing game, already stuck in the hallway with the cobwebby paintings. Don't have anything to clean the paintings with -- what am I supposed to do? Thx.

There should be a feather duster that appears/pops up in the scene just before the hallway with the cobweb covered paintings. When you see it, the pointer will turn into a hand... pick up feather duster... then proceed back into the hallway and dust off the paintings. You will need to re-position a few paintings over the correct nameplates before you can proceed. Hope this helps you move forward.

[Post New]by delilah6321 on Jan 29, 11 10:32 AM
I have managed to get to the dining room scene with the wedding cake, but no matter what I try I can't go further.

[Post New]by Morgan_La_Fay on Jan 29, 11 3:50 PM
delilah6321 wrote:I have managed to get to the dining room scene with the wedding cake, but no matter what I try I can't go further.

It was at this point that I said to myself, "Enough is enough."
At first the game totally locked up when I moved the cursor toward the Dining Room doors... this caused hard re-boot #1. After re-boot, I clicked on the father for his toast... the game froze and locked up again. This caused hard re-boot #2. After the 2nd re-boot and I got back to the Dining Room, the hand went to take a bite of cake and it froze/locked up for a third time. Thus... hard re-boot #3.

I became totally disenchanted with the game at this point and have UNinstalled it. I have requested my money back... please see earlier post.

I'm very disappointed with BFG. I usually have very few problems with the games. I could not move the cursor nor could I unlock the screen... and this caused hard re-boot #4 before I could remove the game from my hard drive.

[Post New]by tfabmom on Jan 29, 11 11:21 PM
I too am having a problem with this game. When i come to the part about snuffing the candles in the kitchen no matter what I try with the snuffer I cannot get the candles to go out. I have had the same problem with Queen of Spades as I get close to the end and need to have gotten that darn painting out of the frame and it has taken me 3 seperate nights going back to get 3 sides to cut and I just can't get the 4th which means that even tho everything else is done I can't finish the game because I still have that one thing locked up. I have one more BF game that I have the same problem. What do I do to get them unlocked? Can anybody tell me? I love my BF games but lately this has been a pain. Thanking whoever in advance, I remain extremely frustrated.

[Post New]by chezharr on Jan 30, 11 2:32 AM
Hi I am really enjoying this game however when I got to the library I have somehow ended up in a telescope room with a puzzle to find the constellation.
I have been unable to find this in the walkthroughs and the skip option does not show up and I am unable to exit the room because the puzzle is not complete.
Compounding the issue the puzzle is very dark and it's very hard to see what you are doing.
Has anyone else been able to get through this - would greatly appreciate any assistance as I hate not finishing a game.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jan 30, 11 6:19 PM
Almost all the way through, I'm supposed to repair the railing on the stairs but picked up the wrong piece first and it won't let me put it back down so I can pick up the correct piece! I've tried picking them both up, putting it down in several places, backing out of the game and back in....anyone else have this problem ? Suggestions? Thank you.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jan 30, 11 6:27 PM
chezharr wrote:Hi I am really enjoying this game however when I got to the library I have somehow ended up in a telescope room with a puzzle to find the constellation.
I have been unable to find this in the walkthroughs and the skip option does not show up and I am unable to exit the room because the puzzle is not complete.
Compounding the issue the puzzle is very dark and it's very hard to see what you are doing.
Has anyone else been able to get through this - would greatly appreciate any assistance as I hate not finishing a game.

I am nearly to the end, have been to the library twice and at no time have I encountered a telescope room in this game. There was a telescope room in another recent game, which of course I can't remember the name of...the only other thing I can suggest is perhaps you opened a different game. I have done that two or three times and wondered why it didn't look the same as I remembered... I hope that's all it is for you.

[Post New]by auntykath on Jan 31, 11 7:30 AM
folkdance wrote:
chezharr wrote:Hi I am really enjoying this game however when I got to the library I have somehow ended up in a telescope room with a puzzle to find the constellation.

I am also stuck in the room with the telescope - got there via the stairs near the ladder - but Now can't get out - can anyone help?

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 11:53:34 AM PST

redape
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by redape on Jan 31, 11 9:11 PM
This was, without doubt, one of the least interesting games I have purchased from BFG. No technical problems for me, just red eyes from working in the dark for the whole game & a big dose of ennui. Am off to uninstall this game and give my hard drive some space for a far more interesting one.

[Post New]by froggypoo on Feb 2, 11 1:07 PM
I'm having trouble in the library. I have the code board and know which order to push the books, but it keep telling me I need a hint? The sums are in my diary but dont know how to continue.

P.s. On telescope, look left and you will see rolled up paper. Use on globe. Near globe is coal. Use repeatedly on paper on globe. That will give you constellation to match. Click on stairs to go to telescope, then click on rings to match up pattern (pattern goes outside rings too). Then use dials left and right to find constellation to match coal rubbing

lros
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Not so great

[Post New]by lros on Feb 3, 11 8:31 AM
I bought the game because of the good reviews I read and was very disappointed. This game could run by itself. It is way too easy and too short. The graphic are nice but that is it. I also bought the Sherlock Holmes game and that is a good one.

If you are a long time HOG player like me, I would skip the Stroke of Midnight.

Go to: