Finished the game

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 22, 11 5:43 AM
It was a very nice game. Not a long game, but that is not a problem for me. It was also funny. Only the end was difficult. I have make my choise. And you???

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Finished the game

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 22, 11 9:06 AM
It looks like it will be less than 2 hours for me - I am a bit more than halfway through, and my demo just ended. I'm gussing on the lenght by checking how far I am against the walkthrough. I haven't had to use the walkthrough yet - I just opened it to see how far I'd gotten.

Yeah, I'll buy it. It's another short one, but it's interesting and funny.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jan 22, 11 11:02 AM
Very nice. Played in Casual Mode. Almost no need for Hint Button. I guess this is the Game of the Week for me. Love this Game Site. I see i made Jellyfish.
Yeaaaah, Im no longer a plant.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 22, 11 11:25 AM
Congrats!!! dootney on your MORPH

Keep it up

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Jan 22, 11 3:28 PM
Judging by the walkthrough I have about 15 mins left of game play as I was 1/2 way through Chapter 5 on advanced mode when the trial ended. Too short for my liking and the game play and story were not engaging/interesting enough. No sale.

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 3:28:56 PM PST

jpo656
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by jpo656 on Jan 22, 11 6:54 PM
Fun game, didn't have to run all over the place. Clever, different, and could skip some of the switch-around games I have no patience for. Only problem for me was the length - wished it was a little longer . Glad I used a credit instead of full price. But good for a cold, cold winter night.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 11 5:19 AM
I wonder how fast some fishies clicking to get a race going and see how quickly they can finish the game instead of enjoying the scenery and the images and taking their time, looking around and such while playing the game.

I only just finished chapter 2 after playing the game for 50 minutes. And I am neither fast nor too slow, but I do like to enjoy a game and take my time.

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jan 23, 11 6:16 AM
[ i also have just finished and I really enjoyed it.I agree it wasnt too long, but good graphics, and a bit different with the objects hidden inside other items.The end is interesting and I like the choice, must go back and do it again in the more difficult mode.congrats big fish, a great game

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 23, 11 7:43 AM
Yes, it was a great game! I love it and play also again. To see what happend when I choose someone els.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 24, 11 9:55 AM
The game was great! but way to short, I did enjoy the game , wished it could have been longer that is the only gripe i have for this game..Next time BF try to make the games longer thx..

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 25, 11 8:21 AM
Finished the game on casual mode, enjoyed it very much
and not too short for me. With a choice of endings, plan
to play again soon on expert mode which I understand has
either different or more hidden objects, less hint helps
and harder mini games, so will almost be like a second
game and can then see what happens when I choose
the other ending.

Thanks BFG for a good game and thank you very much
to the developers. Well done even with some of the
misnamed items. Will be looking for more of your games.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jan 25, 11 8:31 PM
Valdy wrote:I wonder how fast some fishies clicking to get a race going and see how quickly they can finish the game instead of enjoying the scenery and the images and taking their time, looking around and such while playing the game.

I only just finished chapter 2 after playing the game for 50 minutes. And I am neither fast nor too slow, but I do like to enjoy a game and take my time.

I totally agree with you, Valdy. I just finished the game and it took me about 4 hours. I consider myself an intermediate player. I have no idea how people get through a game like this in 2 hours. They must skip the dialogue and click on objects as fast as they can. I prefer to take my time and enjoy a game like you do.

It is a bummer that people will be missing out on this game because they think it's too short, since I really enjoyed it. I was interested in the story the whole time, and I felt like the H0 scenes were more inventive than your average HOG, since they had lots of interaction in them. I enjoyed pulling curtains back and opening drawers to find objects. I sometimes get bored when there is a lot of H0 scenes back to back in a game, and the interactiveness of these scenes made them less monotonous for me. I thought it was a very nice game, I liked how you get to choose what ending you want, and I recommend it to others as a nice way to spend an afternoon or evening.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jan 26, 11 5:01 AM
roxiestar74 wrote:
Valdy wrote:I wonder how fast some fishies clicking to get a race going and see how quickly they can finish the game instead of enjoying the scenery and the images and taking their time, looking around and such while playing the game.

I totally agree with you, Valdy. I just finished the game and it took me about 4 hours. I consider myself an intermediate player. I have no idea how people get through a game like this in 2 hours. They must skip the dialogue and click on objects as fast as they can. I prefer to take my time and enjoy a game like you do.

It is a bummer that people will be missing out on this game because they think it's too short, since I really enjoyed it. I was interested in the story the whole time, and I felt like the H0 scenes were more inventive than your average HOG, since they had lots of interaction in them. I enjoyed pulling curtains back and opening drawers to find objects. I sometimes get bored when there is a lot of H0 scenes back to back in a game, and the interactiveness of these scenes made them less monotonous for me. I thought it was a very nice game, I liked how you get to choose what ending you want, and I recommend it to others as a nice way to spend an afternoon or evening.

People don't have to skip dialogue and cut scenes when the so-called "hidden" objects are so easy to find. I have 20 minutes left on my demo, and I've already completed the first Hidden object scene of Chapter Four. I enjoy the visuals, and like the game immensely, but if I can almost complete the entire thing with only an hour of playtime (if in 40 minutes I've gone through 3+ chapters, the hour demo will put me halfway through Chapter 7, and if i do skip the cut scenes, I'll easily be done when the demo ends) it certainly isn't worth $7.

I'm waiting for games that really have some re-play value and some time investiture needed. Give me a sequel to Settlement: Colossus, please!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 20, 12 2:37 PM
Different strokes!
I didn't find the game too short at all, though when I reached the end, I wanted the sequel....now!
I played it in a liesurely fashion, going to different sites to read blogs, answer messages and then returning to the game, so I have no idea how much time I actually spent, but I took time to read the dialogs, look at the scenery, explore each area thoroughly because I always love extra comments thrown in, when you click the right spot.....that is more satisfying to me than finding the tool or puzzle piece, but I really insist on a puzzle driven game, and this is a good one....and the twist of having to chose a different ending......I am going to play this again tonight or tomorrow on the harder level......and if the end is the same even when I chose the other "winner" I am going to be powerfully disappointed.
Game guys? Don't let this kitty down!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 12 9:27 PM

I thoroughly playing this game because of the fact that I could use the inventory items almost as soon as they were received and through the comments and/or hint system was able to figure out what to do and where to go to do it.

I only needed the usage of the walkthrough once (towards the end of the game) as to where to use one of the inventory items (to be honest, it still makes no sense) instead of having to refer to said walkthrough time and time again as I normally have to do when playing other games.

Well, it's for as I've got an early

MEnr56

Go to: