bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Grimm's Hatchery - Released on April 06, 2007

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Raise magical pets and fight monsters in an enchanting kingdom. Grimm's Hatchery is packed with 20 types of magical pets, four hatcheries, and several villages to explore. In addition to adorable creatures, you can hatch pets, create new breeds of pets, fight monsters, and solve quests for the villagers. Save the castle in Grimm's Hatchery!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Grimm's Hatchery - Released on April 06, 2007

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 1, 14 5:43 PM
I almost fell in love with this game but it has just a few flaws that are so major I don't predict replaying this.

For one, there is no way to mute the sounds. This alone may not be particularly terrible but it just so happens that of all the games I own, THIS is the one with *the* most annoying noises. And they happen very frequently. There is not a good thing to say about the audio of Grimm's Hatchery.

The animals are kind of fun & doing the egg breeding is cool, I absolutely love breeding games. (they're practically all I play - Pokemon, Fish Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, probably a good 8 to 10 more) BUT - there are just ...oh I don't know, what? five or so possible animals to make using the egg combos? That's not even kind of enough. If they had made it possible to have at least twice as many animals as there are in the game, or maybe just one more land to buy & use, it would've made a great difference.

But the way that Grimm's Hatchery turned out overall? Not great. But only because it was lacking! The content that it did have was good, aside from very, very, very poor sounds with no way to be shut off.

Go to: