Length of game

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

Length of game

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 22, 11 3:15 PM
This seems, from the play I have done, that it is mainly hidden object, which I really like. Of late, the hidden object games seem to be only a part of what is more of an adventure game. I am most interested to find out the length of the game if anyone knows. Thank you.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Length of game

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jan 22, 11 4:51 PM
i am up to chapter 3 with 25 min to go in the hour trial, so after checking the wt
this game will take me 1 hour 20 min, and i dont rush, pity its so short as it is a quality game

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Jan 22, 11 6:08 PM
I agree, 2dogsx2. Very enjoyable game-and much too short! In fact, I don't think I've ever played a hog that played through so quickly. Oh well, I truly enjoyed every minute of it.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jan 22, 11 7:02 PM
I think it is a short game. In the trial hour I got to chapter 6 and there is only 7 chapters, so no buy for me. I did enjoy what short time I spent tho

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Jan 23, 11 12:10 AM
I have to agree. The game is very nice. I like how you interact with it and it had me laughing at the little surprises but... Too short. I was just getting into it deeply and my time was up. I almost bought it but decided to look at the walkthru. 7 chapters and I had almost finished chapter 5. Cant do it. Maybe as a daily deal. I have put it on my short list for that.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jan 23, 11 2:10 AM
I just finished my demo, and put this at the top of my DD list as well. A lot to like about this game, but I'm almost done, and I was a total slowpoke, clicking everywhere there was an eye to see descriptions of everything. It's a great game with a ton of **** scenes, it just needed to be longer.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jan 23, 11 2:12 AM
Also the fact that there's 2 possible endings has me intrigued.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 11 5:16 AM
I can´t believe that some peeps here seem to manage to get through the game within an hour and a half to 2 hours AND seem to take their time.

I played for 50 minutes and only just finished chapter 2. Which means, that if I continue to play at the speed I was and the chapters are all equally long, it will take me about 3 hours of gameplay. That´s just the right amount of time for me.

[Post New]by corvogrigio on Jan 23, 11 5:33 AM
Nice game but short short short !

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 11 7:47 AM
Well, I just finished the game and it took me a good 3 hours - almost 4 hours actually, with a couple of 2-minute breaks in between. So this is the perfect length for me.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jan 23, 11 9:04 AM
I was all set to buy this game, till I read that people are getting thru the game in 1 hour 20 minutes to 2 hours? I am a slower player but if the game is that short, I dont think I want to waste my money on a short game no matter how great it is.

It seems more and more that people are saying games are short, I wonder why game makers make short games.

Just curious on what game length wouldnt be considered long? I know 13th Skull what heck of a long game, for me anyhow, but these regular games would be considered short to that? I have turned down buying at least 4 games this week because that are short.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 11 9:16 AM
MissMoraduke wrote:I was all set to buy this game, till I read that people are getting thru the game in 1 hour 20 minutes to 2 hours? I am a slower player but if the game is that short, I dont think I want to waste my money on a short game no matter how great it is.

It seems more and more that people are saying games are short, I wonder why game makers make short games.

Just curious on what game length wouldnt be considered long? I know 13th Skull what heck of a long game, for me anyhow, but these regular games would be considered short to that? I have turned down buying at least 4 games this week because that are short.

If I was to always listen to what other people say, I would never buy a game. And why only listen to people who have negative things to say? As I said in my post, I played a good 3 hours on this game - more like 3 1/2 hours really - and I am neither slow nor fast, but I like to take my time, and I didn´t skip any puzzles.

I never decide to buy or not to buy a game by what others say. If there are a lot of technical issues, then I would listen and wait for a newer version to come out before buying a game. But just because some people say they thought the game was too short (and how many times have I heard that before), that wouldn´t influence me. Besides, I don´t believe you can get through the game in an hour and a half - not perhaps unless you have the walkthrough next to you, click like mad, and skip all the puzzles.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jan 23, 11 9:38 AM
Thanks Valdy

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 23, 11 10:02 AM
I got about 2/3 through the game before my demo was up.....and I'm really not fast.
I like it but should I get it if I'm this far already...

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jan 23, 11 10:26 AM
Far too short. I was amazed when I hit the last chapter - I'd figured I was about 1/2 done.

The best thing I can say about the game is at least it worked. But IMHO it was a waste of a credit.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jan 23, 11 3:55 PM
I was half way thru chapter 5 when my trial ran out. Is it worth my credit to play the last couple chapters? I doubt it,.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 23, 11 6:25 PM
I totally agree with Valdy. I also rarely believe the people who say they finish games in a mere 20 or 30 minutes past the free hour. (Unless they're playing it the way Valdy described, which was hysterical btw Val) Where's the fun in playing that way though? I have to laugh at people who complain about "too much dialog" so they click through it like mad. How do they even know what they are playing? I love to read the text and dialogs, especially in such a clever little story as this one. I like to take my time and actually FIND the hidden objects not just wait till the hint button is ready again. I also played this game twice, the second time in expert mode and THEN went for the alternate ending! Wow! That was way cool.. Take your time people life is too fast as it is. Enjoy yourselves, read the STORY that usually goes with game. I know, I know, some games just suck and have no story. That's what the free hour is for. Good grief it's not a contest it's a game. Games are for fun and relaxation. Slow down, stay cool and have fun.
Abs

suemon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by suemon on Jan 24, 11 12:13 AM
I have to agree with most users that it is an excellent game however it was very very short. I only played another 30 minutes after the trial period (and no I didn't rush it) so a little disappointing in that regard. If I had know I was so close to the end I probably wouldn't have bought it.
Sue

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jan 24, 11 4:43 AM
I must be a slow player compared to the rest of you since my demo is about to end and I'm only in Chapter 2 according to the walkthrough. If there are 7 chapters than that would mean I've got at least a couple more hours of play left. I am really enjoying this game and I think I'll probably buy it. It is an entertaining IHOG, and the story is intriguing.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jan 24, 11 4:52 AM
Just found out on the reviews part of this forum that the game has 2 different endings and has different H0 scenes in challenge mode than it does in casual mode, so even if it is a short game for most people here, it does have re-play value and that might change your mind about not purchasing it, especially if you were enjoying the demo, but decided not to buy it because of length.

Go to: