bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Grimm's Hatchery forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Grimm's Hatchery forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Grimm's Hatchery players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Grimm's Hatchery forum

[Post New]by mjcross on Oct 18, 08 9:58 PM
I made 343,000 dollars by day 79, but it said that I had failed to make the required 300,000 gold coins within 80 days. I was so bummed! So, what did I do wrong?

RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by RainCat on Oct 18, 08 10:17 PM
You need to go the castle with your coins on Day 79. It isn't enough to have the money, you have to buy back the manor. Just reload from a saved game sometime before Day 79 and do it again.

Edited on 10/18/2008 at 10:18:13 PM PST

[Post New]by mjcross on Oct 20, 08 12:46 PM
RainCat wrote:You need to go the castle with your coins on Day 79. It isn't enough to have the money, you have to buy back the manor. Just reload from a saved game sometime before Day 79 and do it again.

Ah! Thank you!

[Post New]by cmbohn on Oct 23, 08 8:53 PM
Here's my handy hint for winning this one:

I save really often. As soon as I end a day, go back to the town and save. Then hatch eggs - no more than 4 at a time. If none of them hatch, load your previous save, which will be right before you hatched those 4 eggs. Every time it resets the chance that the eggs will hatch. If you only have 1 egg of something really valuable, like a ruby gryphon, save the game, and hatch. If it is a rotten egg, reload. Repeat until you finally get the pet to hatch.

Hope that makes sense. Doing it this way, and on Easy level, I wound up with over 500,000 gold coins and about a week to spare.

[Post New]by LoveBovver on Jan 8, 09 3:37 PM
how come I can't play grimm's hatchery? everytime i download the game, it shows that something failed and I can't play it. I tried with several computers but it's always, can't play it. What's wrong?

[Post New]by KyraNara on Feb 3, 09 4:19 PM
LoveBovver wrote:****w come I can't play grimm's hatchery? everytime i download the game, it shows that something failed and I can't play it. I tried with several computers but it's always, can't play it. What's wrong?

I have the same problem. The error message says something about an access violation and terminates the program. The weird thing is I've downloaded and played this game from other sites without a problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 4:21:39 PM PST

[Post New]by Kaimeirra on Apr 14, 09 1:28 AM
KyraNara wrote:
LoveBovver wrote:****w come I can't play grimm's hatchery? everytime i download the game, it shows that something failed and I can't play it. I tried with several computers but it's always, can't play it. What's wrong?

I have the same problem. The error message says something about an access violation and terminates the program. The weird thing is I've downloaded and played this game from other sites without a problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it?

Has any one worked out how to fix this?? I have the same problem. I got it to work at one point and then when I turned my comp off then back on it STOPPED!!!
.... can any one help, I enjoy the game and its ticking me off this error!

Ag46
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Ag46 on Apr 24, 09 1:42 PM
Sukura1988 wrote:Hello!
I love Grimm's Hatchery, but I couldn't get the 300,00 coins early enough and i have tried it 7 times :-(

could anyone give me a hint how to earn fast much money?

thanky
I am having the same problem. I think maybe it has to due with how many creatures we use in each level while trying to gain points. I would sure like to know what the limit is on feeding the creatures. If I have more than seven creatures I cannot keep up with them all. Sorry I'm not good help, but I'm also waiting on someone to respond to my question.

Ag46
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Ag46 on Apr 24, 09 1:46 PM
cmbohn wrote:Here's my handy hint for winning this one:

I save really often. As soon as I end a day, go back to the town and save. Then hatch eggs - no more than 4 at a time. If none of them hatch, load your previous save, which will be right before you hatched those 4 eggs. Every time it resets the chance that the eggs will hatch. If you only have 1 egg of something really valuable, like a ruby gryphon, save the game, and hatch. If it is a rotten egg, reload. Repeat until you finally get the pet to hatch.

Hope that makes sense. Doing it this way, and on Easy level, I wound up with over 500,000 gold coins and about a week to spare.

Can you tell me how many creatures you are feeding in each level. What is the most you can feed. I am having a problem with points when I get to the end of the game. Not enough to even buy a creature.

[Post New]by peypey123 on Jun 6, 09 4:19 PM
Here's how you get the second hatchery!On Grimm's Hatchery, I sell my green dragonfly, get a new goose, buy food, and start the hatchery day. Hatch all of the goose's eggs. Repeat this hatching process until you get three new geese. Wait for them to lay some golden eggs, hatch them until you have a golden goose, don't sell it! Now keep doing the hatchery process until you sell enough eggs that you have 980 coins. Give the egg- lady the golden goose and she'll give you a key. Open the working secter town, search both urns, give the purse of gold back to Rowan, and talk to the lady next to him. Buy the second hachery and that's how you get the second hatchery!

AKOP
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by AKOP on Jun 7, 09 1:40 AM
In response to those who are not getting your games to run, I had the same problem and this is what I did to correct it and it took alot of trial and error to discover it too. First, you might want to check to make sure you have the current version of Adobe. Then, check to see if you are using Windows Vista, if so (I'm not really sure what this has to do with it), check your Acrobat reader. If it is an older version it may not be compatable with Vista, you can go to Acrobat website and get the latest version and it should be fine. If you still are having trouble, again I'm not fully sure why this worked for me, but try going to your computer's website, for example, if you have a Dell go to Dell.com. They should have a download or upgrade section, and look for what's available, I downloaded Intel's chipset and an ENE card reader. Not only did this work but it sped up some of my slower running games. And of course if you are still having trouble you can try coming back to this website, if you look at the very top of the page you will see your name in the upper right hand corner next to it you will see a link to sign out then a link that says cart, and right next to that is another link that says HELP. You will want to click on that and you will be directed to a great page of solutions. You are going to want to look under Technical Support though and not the Games link. They have very detailed instructions that you may find helpful. Ok I admit that last part was a little sassy but I do really wish you the best of luck I hope this helps and Happy Gaming!!

how to hatch an egg

[Post New]by ceryseira on Aug 1, 09 2:34 PM
hey i keep having the problem that i get rotten eggs it takes ages for me just to get a green dragonfly can someone tell me how to do it properly because the begger says look at your pets profile but where are the pets profiles??
i can't even hatch any of the other animals

[Post New]by demondamien on Aug 14, 09 10:13 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I cant find it....

Does anyone have a Pet Lab combination list or know of a link to one?

Thank you

[Post New]by Wraaah on Aug 23, 09 8:06 AM
EGG LAB COMBOs

there are only 4 matches in the egg lab that are worth good money to a player:

green dragonfly + blue dragonfly = green dragon
red dragonfly + green dragon = purple dragon
red dragonfly + gryphon = ruby gryphon
gold dragonfly + icebird = firebird

happy playing

[Post New]by MarleeAma on Aug 25, 09 2:09 PM
Wraaah wrote:EGG LAB COMBOs

there are only 4 matches in the egg lab that are worth good money to a player:

green dragonfly + blue dragonfly = green dragon
red dragonfly + green dragon = purple dragon
red dragonfly + gryphon = ruby gryphon
gold dragonfly + icebird = firebird

happy playing

also goose+golden dragonfly=golden goose

there has to be one more. I just did an experiment in which I had atleast one of every egg in my inventory and there was still 1 egg spot left empty.

[Post New]by traci7668 on Apr 13, 10 6:07 PM
so the way i am understanding all of these posts, i dont sell my eggs, i hatch them??!! i just love this cheesy little game but it is definatly taxing my brain!! i am fixin to go try the suggestions that i read and see how i do, thanx everyone!!! i will re-post with updates

SammyDaviesJnr
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by SammyDaviesJnr on May 26, 10 1:43 PM
Could anyone tell me whether all the diamond shaped eggs that sparkle are all bad? Do different colours do different things? Every time I have clicked one it has been poison! Ta very!

coner
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by coner on Jul 11, 10 3:26 PM
purple will kill all monsters, red will feed all pets, green will heal all pets. that the ones i know hope this helps

[Post New]by SueBordian on Feb 13, 12 12:06 PM
"Bout as much fun as watching paint dry

Go to: