FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Hard to Easy, Hints

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 22, 11 6:14 PM
If you are having problems at the beginning of this game, it is very important to understand all the talisman and power attacks. Strarting over is the only way to learn the rules I think, no help section.

Trust me the computer plays are not that smart and you do not need to go very fast to win. When you get the hang of it it becomes actually very simple to win every time with out any great skill or speed. Just make the right choices at the Island before you go into battle.

- buy all improvements right away

- select the correct talisman and type of vessel

- Take your time and think to use the power plays on the left bar when available

- Don't rush yourself, move fast but give yourself time to think ahead

- Be aware of the that you need to match the wheels every so often to move away from attacking ships

- Make it a quarter of the way through the game and you should have no problems.

I am currently rather bored with it, for there are no more awards, talisman, or vessel to obtain, it is the same play/win with no variation .

Can someone tell me (who has finished the game) if it gets more challenging?
I am no super gamer, but this seems to be no challenge anymore.

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Hard to Easy, Hints

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 23, 11 11:53 AM
Hello - yes it does change quite a bit when you're able to be the Spectre ship. Have you had battles with the Fort yet? Have you hit the (end??) where you're battling one ship and it's all in red and fire, fast paced to click on the 3 cannonball icon, shield etc? I've not accomplished winning that battle yet so I don't know if that is the end of the game but I've read comments that the end of the game has a TIMED battle and this battle is not timed - it's just fast - so I'm thinking it's a new mini game which is way harder than all the other ones.

My question is how do you CHOOSE the powerups? Or what causes which ones to be on your side? Seems like the Pirate gets the "failure" "weakness" "blindness" etc way more often than I do even though I am consistently winning each battle, which is why I thought they were assigned to the ship you choose (Merchant, Guardian etc) but it's not consistent. Further, there appears to be NO option to call up that screen where you CAN choose a different ship... is there? And what's the colored line at the top of the screen?

I saw a comment that this is very similar to The Adventures of the MaryAnn but it will not play for me - I'm thinking it's another Windows 7 incompatability.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Hard to Easy, Hints

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 23, 11 4:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep at it. There are things that are unclear in the game but here is what my understanding is...

Anyone else with other suggestions?

As to choosing the power up it is kind of weird, there are those boxes at the lower left under the gem counter bars that highlight when you have enough gems of a certain color. (I think) I have not got a complete understanding of how you know when they become usable. I just keep checking. The "collect all the red gems" has been useful for the corsair ship type as well as the others, it has been so easy easy to win currently that I don't even need them much.
To select the ship type (Merchant, corsair, etc....) go to the Island where you make your talisman choices before battle (is that what you mean?) The island choice , as i remember is not highlighted.

I loved MaryAnn BTW.

Go to: