jeffory
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Post any The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure technical issues here only

[Post New]by jeffory on Jan 23, 11 12:48 AM
Is anyone else having trouble seeing the list of objects you are supposed to find, it is on the far left side of my screen and I cannot even see it or the hint button, when in window mode I can see the list but would not be able to find anything it is so small????

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 9:16:07 AM PST

Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 23, 11 12:58 AM
I see the list, but I can't pickup some items.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 23, 11 1:00 AM
Yes me ... I can only see the last four letters of the words, I assume it is because I do not have a widescreen monitor.

Cherb

dubai123
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by dubai123 on Jan 23, 11 1:01 AM

yes me to have technical problem in the game

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Jan 23, 11 1:03 AM
I click on the item but nothing happens. Is anyone having this problem?

isis1313
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by isis1313 on Jan 23, 11 1:06 AM
Hello,
I had to go to my monitor and adjust the picture to the right, it actually did it as soon as I hit the button.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 23, 11 1:08 AM
I can see the list but not the words on the top part of the screen, The uppermost line barely shows and I have to guess what they are saying from the rest of the lines. I am also disappointed that the screen is not a full screen, especially since the objects are so small. I know how to change the resolution but am not sure it would solve the problem. right now it is set at 1600 x 960, and I don't know what setting to put it on.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 23, 11 1:10 AM
I can see the list. In another game I had to play in Windows mode because I could not see the inventory otherwise.

I am 10 min. in the game and found an object (baseball bat) that I cannot pick up. I know it is the correct item because I used the Hint to check. I cannot progress any further.

The DL may not have been complete or may have been corrupted. I noticed that at 86% the verification began. Then, the DL continued and then the Installation failed. I clicked on the Install button in the GM and the Installation completed. These things may have something to do with the object glitch (?). it was a long DL so, I will uninstall and reinstall later to see if I can continue.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 23, 11 1:22 AM
I haven't had any issues at all with picking things up...once I find them. This one is most likely to be rated a TOTS game, lol.

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Jan 23, 11 1:28 AM
I'm having problems clicking on some items. Things that you'd think would have a larger selection area, like a bat or sword. Unless you find the exact pixel or something, forget it.

I've also had issues where the arrow changes to the system arrow near the edge of the game screen and it becomes unusable in the game itself until I move it and it becomes the game cursor for me.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Jan 23, 11 1:29 AM
I can't pick up the baseball bat either.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 23, 11 1:29 AM
Well, I was wrong, my resolution is set at 1600 x 900, but I tried every setting and it didn't change the screen at all. So I will muddle along as best as I can.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 23, 11 1:34 AM
Harriju wrote:I can't pick up the baseball bat either.
Me too.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 23, 11 1:36 AM
I managed to pick up the baseball bat eventually - I think I clicked on the left end. But a few times I've had trouble picking things up which is putting me off buying.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 23, 11 1:55 AM
After reading the comments i went back and clicked on every bit of that bat and even on the joist but could not pick it up. I got a bouncing finger for my efforts.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 23, 11 1:56 AM
Bribling - if it helps I managed to get it when the hint thingy was flashing round it.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 23, 11 2:01 AM
bribling wrote:After reading the comments i went back and clicked on every bit of that bat and even on the joist but could not pick it up. I got a bouncing finger for my efforts.

I had the same problem. You have to click on just the right itty bitty little spot and it will eventually let you pick it up.
Dr.good

kythuff167
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kythuff167 on Jan 23, 11 2:02 AM
Can't pick up the bat no matter where i click. It is so disappointing to get another game with a glitch that stops play

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 23, 11 2:11 AM
There are two items I have found so far that are off my screen at the top. I was able to pick up the first one, even though I couldn't see it, but could see the bottom of the hint circle, but the second one I can't pick up at all. Used a hint and it is one of the 12 gears, but I can't get it no matter where I clicked as it is off the screen at the top. If I can't get this issue resolved, I will be unable to continue the game.

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Jan 23, 11 2:35 AM
doctorgood wrote:
bribling wrote:After reading the comments i went back and clicked on every bit of that bat and even on the joist but could not pick it up. I got a bouncing finger for my efforts.

I had the same problem. You have to click on just the right itty bitty little spot and it will eventually let you pick it up.
Dr.good

well i'm having problems with the bat as well! but if i have to click on every itty bitty little spot then the demo will be over b4 i even get out of the office!!!!
and i thought the game looked promising......... i have a credit burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Go to: