bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Cooking Dash: DinerTown Studios technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 23, 11 9:29 AM
If you are having problems getting Cooking Dash: DinerTown Studios to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (ie. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Cooking Dash: DinerTown Studios technical issues here only

[Post New]by twetee17 on Jan 26, 11 2:53 PM
when I try to open the game it says I do not have a 3d compatible device. I have directx updated version, PLEASE HELP!!!

[Post New]by twetee17 on Jan 26, 11 2:57 PM
Everytime I try to play the game it stops and it says I dont have a 3d compatible device? I have microsoft directx...PLEASE HELP I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME!!

[Post New]by Scooby81 on Jul 14, 11 7:30 AM
I can't open the game because of error code 2. It said to contact the author. Can you give me any advice.

[Post New]by tam3736 on Jan 28, 12 10:02 AM
i download the demo just to make sure it worked on my computer, it worked fine. then i bought the game and i was playing a couple rounds. I'm in the second building and when i go to some someone on the stoves it like doesnt cook at all. i cant clear the food off to start again i have to keep restarting that level. and ppl get mad and leave cause i cant cook anything. but it doesnt happen every time just like about every other level and it only started doing this once i bought it and got into the 2nd building. any one have this problem, know what to do??? i'm playin this on PC

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 10:03:12 AM PST

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on May 17, 12 10:47 AM
I have played and enjoyed this game ages ago. It worked perfectly with Windows xp.
Today tried to play it again, but meanwhile have installed windows 7 (64) and its no more compatible, unless it could be another unknown issue..

Whenever I finish the first level (even in windowed mode) the game crashes to desktop before I can save.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 17, 12 12:32 PM
Hi Ppapier,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble playing this game now! It does look like it is compatible with Windows 7, so it could be that there is something else going on.

The first thing you can do is try the troubleshooting steps we've listed in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We find that they work for a lot of customers experiencing this type of issue.

But if you try those suggestions and are still having trouble, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. They'll be able to really delve into how the game is working on your specific computer and see how to get everything resolved for you. If you go to the post we've created here, you'll find all the info on how to contact them and send in the details of your issue.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Anvapietra on Jul 15, 12 10:44 AM
Ppapier wrote:I have played and enjoyed this game ages ago. It worked perfectly with Windows xp.
Today tried to play it again, but meanwhile have installed windows 7 (64) and its no more compatible, unless it could be another unknown issue..

Whenever I finish the first level (even in windowed mode) the game crashes to desktop before I can save.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had this same problem. I then followed all steps from the articles "Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen" and "Game Compatibility", reinstalled the flashpayer, the shockwave, and the game, updated all drivers, and now I cannot even start the game... I click on it on the manager and nothing happens.... I tried all screens configurations and nothing worked. What should I do? Thanks

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 15, 12 12:01 PM
Hi Anvapietra and Welcome to the Forums.

Since you've already tried the troubleshooting ideas in the help articles we suggest when a game crashes, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can work on this with you directly.

Please take a look at the post we've created here that goes over how to contact Tech and send the details about how this game is running on your particular system. They'll use that to see what is the best next step and will start working with you from there.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by bookwormannie1 on Sep 9, 12 3:42 AM
I am having problems with the game glitching.

Part the way through a level the stoves at the back start glowing red and then nothing cooks on them, anything already cooking stops cooking wherever its got to. Everything else still works fine - I can serve drinks, icecreams, coffee, etc. Obviously this means I cannot serve anything that is cooked and the customers just go off in a huff - so I cannot get enough money to pass the level.

It happens a lot and is getting very frustrating, especially when I am doing well enough on a level to pass it after several failed attempts.

Occasionally if I persevere I can actually get through a level without it doing it, but some days it just does it every single attempt and I just give up playing the game.

How do I solve this?

Go to: