[Post New]by karon33 on Jan 23, 11 11:21 AM
the lecturer says here are the keys but there are none in my inventory help pls

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

Re:the keys

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jan 23, 11 11:53 AM
Did you pick up the items on the front hall table - book, pen, nail polish, etc?

Pick up the coin and documents from the lecture hall seats front

Sorry - adding comment - when all done above go back to him and talk completely. See if you receive the keys

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 1:47:22 PM PST

[Post New]by karon33 on Jan 23, 11 1:42 PM
i think i have them all but will go back on game and check thanks

[Post New]by karon33 on Jan 24, 11 3:49 AM
i had all the things but it still wouldnt work .............. restarted the game and what do u know he gave me the keys ............... now i cant get to autograph the book i am back near the door of building and it wont work am i in the right place to do it?? gonna get tired of this if i have to keep restarting any help most appreciated. thanks

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 24, 11 6:55 AM
lets back track. you talked to the lecture organizer, in the meeting hall you looked at both show cases.you did the slider puzzle.got what was in the grill.you talked to the gondolier he gives you the chronometer.See the murder.talk to the lecture organizer.You opened the chronometer,Go to the table take sylvies book, pen, nail polish, and remover. swab.You took the police tape off the door.you went back to meeting hall and took the documents and the gold coin.you got the keys to show case.Have you done all that.you have to clean the chronometer,and put police tape back up.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

the keys

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jan 25, 11 9:34 AM
karon33 wrote:the lecturer says here are the keys but there are none in my inventory help pls

I had the same problem with the organizer saying he gave me the keys, but there were none in my inventory. I had to re-start from an earlier save point. I think my error was that I had already fashioned the rope, gone down through the trap door and gotten items from the gondola. I think the correct sequence is that before doing the trap door sequence, you get the things from the trash bin out front, then use the nail polish remover on the police tape, try both cases, get the documents and coin, talk to the organizer and then he actually gives you the keys.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jan 25, 11 9:42 AM
karon33 wrote: now i cant get to autograph the book i am back near the door of building and it wont work am i in the right place to do it

Do you have the book? Just in case you don't, your book is on the table with your purse, (which also has some of the items you need to get into taped room and to clean the watch). After you talk to couple by fountain, go back inside the building to sign it for them. Then return outside to give it to them. This game is somewhat finicky about sequences.

Go to: