313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

whats the meaning of frog (item or game)????

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Jan 23, 11 4:01 PM
I been reading some of the comments of the game and some of your are talking about (frog). I know there are abbreviations for some of the games. I would appreciate it someone would make a list of what they are. Thank you Grams

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:whats the meaning of frog (item or game)????

[Post New]by ojrufee on Jan 23, 11 4:34 PM
Lady, google them.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 23, 11 4:49 PM
Frog in games refers to Fragments, Fragmented Objects Game. It is where you have to find pieces of a broken object or parts of a tool before you have the whole object. Not like putting together pieces of a jigsaw you found exactly, but just parts of the object called for.

Why google??? when the answers are here in forum parlance. Help a newby.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 23, 11 6:02 PM
HOG Hidden Object Game. (we add the G or use zero for 0 because auto censor will cross out the H0 with **** taking it to a slang word for a woman.

IHOG Interactive Hidden Object Game where you usually keep items in inventory to use somewhere else that sparkles or to open a chest with key etc May be some lite adventure elements.

IHOGAdv heavier on the adventure point and click moving location to location.

There is a list of game brevs in lots of posts but this is all I can think of off hand.

TM Time Management

M3, Match 3 puzzles

RTR= Mystery CaseFiles Return toRavenhearst, referred to a lot as a standard of IHOGAdv games, i.e. "It's no RTR" in previews/comments on other games.

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 6:06:31 PM PST

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by minnielou on Jan 23, 11 6:58 PM
Thank you so much for your answers. Even though I am not the original poster I have also been curious when seeing some of these abbr. or words used.

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

you people took your sweet time to answer her

[Post New]by ojrufee on Jan 23, 11 7:24 PM
puzzledone wrote:Frog in games refers to Fragments, Fragmented Objects Game. It is where you have to find pieces of a broken object or parts of a tool before you have the whole object. Not like putting together pieces of a jigsaw you found exactly, but just parts of the object called for.

I don't like the forums here. Too cliquey. Gamezebo forums are friendlier. I wasn't being rude. That's what I usually do when I don't know a term and 98% of the time it works.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 24, 11 12:06 AM
ojrufee wrote:
puzzledone wrote:Frog in games refers to Fragments, Fragmented Objects Game. It is where you have to find pieces of a broken object or parts of a tool before you have the whole object. Not like putting together pieces of a jigsaw you found exactly, but just parts of the object called for.

I don't like the forums here. Too cliquey. Gamezebo forums are friendlier. I wasn't being rude. That's what I usually do when I don't know a term and 98% of the time it works.

I for one am very sad that you feel unwelcome here. Puzzledone was just pointing out that we like to help if someone asks a question and was not getting at you. Not everyone thinks to "google" terms as they may be specific to here. As far as I know we are not "cliquey" and if you feel that, then again I am sorry. You are very welcome here and hope to see you again.
ETA 313gramgram. Here is a link to the abbreviations used in the pond
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/33367.page

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 12:15:38 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 24, 11 4:29 AM
ojrufee wrote:I don't like the forums here. Too cliquey. Gamezebo forums are friendlier. I wasn't being rude. That's what I usually do when I don't know a term and 98% of the time it works.

Actually, just to put my two cent in... I always found the Gamezebo forums to be rather cliquey. I never felt that they were trying to help a newbie by answering questions, but only talked to each other. Needless to say, I left there a while ago. Just how I see the Gamezebo forums.

And yes, to say "Lady, google them", was a bit short. Not a nice reply, IMHO.

313gramgram
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by 313gramgram on Jan 24, 11 1:17 PM
I would just like to THANK YOU for your help with the app. Because of all the kind people here in the forum and the quick response that I get from the customer service. I wouldn't dream of going any where else for my games.
In response to ojrufee we're not cliquey here We're just a lot of people that care about each other and are more willing to be here if someone needs help.

ojrufee
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by ojrufee on Jan 24, 11 10:32 PM
Valdy wrote:
ojrufee wrote:I don't like the forums here. Too cliquey. Gamezebo forums are friendlier. I wasn't being rude. That's what I usually do when I don't know a term and 98% of the time it works.

Actually, just to put my two cent in... I always found the Gamezebo forums to be rather cliquey. I never felt that they were trying to help a newbie by answering questions, but only talked to each other. Needless to say, I left there a while ago. Just how I see the Gamezebo forums.

And yes, to say "Lady, google them", was a bit short. Not a nice reply, IMHO.

I know my intent and it was not to be rude. If you took it that way that's your problem. I've spent time on many, many boards and BFG are just about the unfriendliest I've found. But thank you peglegann for your very kind gesture. I appreciate it.

We can go back and forth all day about this. My opinion won't change and neither will yours. If I have a problem with a game I go to Gamezebo to get the answer and/or help. So What's the big whoop? It all works out. I'm satisfied with Gamezebo, others are satisfied with BFG.

Good day!

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Jan 25, 11 7:21 AM
Are you from New York? The quick, concise response and additional comments made me think that the conversation I was hearing in my head was between two people from different frames of reference, and now I see the time of your post was about three hours later than mine in California. Just a thought on the subject!

[Post New]by samstiles on Dec 4, 13 8:59 PM
Thanks guys, this helps me a lot. A I base what game I'm going to buy on the reviews. It seems to be the only way I know I'm not getting a game with HOG(see, looks who's cool now). I really don't need a reminder that I need new glasses

Also, loved the new york comment I've watched tv

Go to: