OMG! No ghosts, witches, vampires or graveyards??

[Post New]by vicci0328 on Jan 23, 11 10:11 PM
This is only my second post, but I felt compelled to at least say thank you, thank you, and again I say thank you, for a different theme other than ghosts, witches, vampires or graveyards... Every day I would think this will be a different theme, but no siree, another ghost story, argh! I know there are lots of folks who like that theme (my husband is one of them) but enough already....
Anyway, thanks BF for not only a different theme, but also a great game, I LOVE it! Keep 'em comin'!!

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:OMG! No ghosts, witches, vampires or graveyards??

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Jan 23, 11 10:20 PM
Yeah, but it is another Egyptian theme. Ugh. I do like the dark themes, but glad there is variety for people.

pjries
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pjries on Jan 23, 11 10:36 PM
I'm with you vicci0328! And I echo your thanks to BFG for finally providing us with something different. I realize that I may be in the minority, but I'm SO tired of the creepy themed HOGs and iHOGs and FROGs. Egypt or not, I'm very glad to see this Kate Brooks game after what has seemed like an endless wave of dark themed HOG games lately... starting around Hallowe'en of last year. I used to buy at least 6 games a month and now I have game club credits just piling up. I may finally be able to use one! I love a mystery, but I'm not interested in playing a game that features tortured animals (Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles, I'm looking at you!), tortured humans or tortured souls.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Jan 24, 11 8:36 PM
Amen I agree

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Jan 25, 11 7:25 AM
One more vote for lighter fare! Thank you BG and fishies...

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jan 25, 11 5:28 PM
Another vote for something other than ghosts, witches, vampires, dark spirits, and other dark, or decadent themes. There are still happy bright and beautiful things to consider. I understand how a few murders, or hauntings or mysteries can be interesting to play too but lately it has been too much occult, or dark themes. I know you can do it BFG. Thanks fishies for courage to speak up!!!

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Jan 26, 11 6:36 PM
I totally agree with each one of you. It seems every time I came to BFG to find a game all they had were these gruesome games. I like them once in a while but enough is enough. Halloween is not all year round.

I really like this game. It was relaxing and fun. A little slow at times in responding to picking up objects, but I can handle that as long as it gets me away from all the gore etc.

I hope more of these types of games are on the way. I do not Egyption games, but I like others as well.

Please BF keep these types of games coming. You are still my one and only favorite game site.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 27, 11 11:48 PM
Add my name to the petition if this is one. This is why I haven't bought a game all month, was waiting for Mishap2 to get to BF. OK Mishap1 Accidental Haunting was about ghosts, but the zany spoof side of the theme, soooo much fun to play. I don't care for vampires and such but was surprised Vampireville was a takeoff, satire and one of a very few games that made me laugh out loud. And how about Robinson Crusoe2, Cursed Pirates, that was just a lightheared fun romp, pretty crazy.

Well, those were my laughs last year. Gardenscapes was fun too and its sequel is also on my to buy list Farmscapes, more variety than HOGs and garden.

I may buy Phantasmat CE, the demo was fun, like the M3 and HOG, and go for great graphics. But hard pressed now to find 3 SEs I want before end of month. Yeh, I bought 9 CEs, ghosts, witches, sanitariums, prisons, occult for the graphics and quality, but only finished 3 of them, just can't get back in the mood. Let's party!! Bring on the clowns.

Go to: