bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Island Tribe

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 24, 11 12:39 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Island Tribe? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 4:16:26 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Island Tribe

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 24, 11 1:48 AM
Just seeing the name of the game got me excited as I thought it was a game along the lines of My Tribe, Aztec Tribe etc but, although it isn't, it is a mix of Roads to Rome and MKFTP so I am still very happy .

You have to build sawmills, wells, apiaries and farms; put out fires; repair roads and all totems. As the island is covered in mist so that you can't see which way to go it is repairing the totems which increases your line of sight. Upgrading your camp and other buildings gains an additional worker and more resources .

Keep your eyes peeled for gems and other resources appearing out of the blue and not just at their own buildings and collect all. I haven't come across any ghosts yet but there are bees and boars that you have to drive away before you can proceed as well as fires to fight and lightning damaged buildings to rebuild so there is plenty to keep you running around like a lunatic .

There is one advantage over the other games and that is that, as long as the road to it is clear, you can schedule more than one job at a time (shown by a green tick) .

Sorry I can't tell you about the music etc because I turned the sound off as I found the fireworks at the end of each level rather excessive and annoying but not enough to stop me purchasing the game .

I am just keeping my fins crossed that I will be able to continue advancing through the levels if I don't make a gold or silver time although there isn't any indication at which point it changes from one to another (unless I need or wasn't paying attention which is always possible ) all I saw was a clock counting up and the end of level results.

Cherb

ETA ... if you run round at my speed that is

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 7:17:36 AM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 24, 11 2:05 AM
I played the trial and bought it right away, very MKFTP - ish. I've played 6 or 7 levels so far and there doesn't seem to be a timer, which is a mega plus for me, but I'll have to wait and see what happens as I progress....one might turn up . Looks and plays well on Win 7 64 bit.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Jan 24, 11 2:15 AM
I also played the demo and was hoping it was similar to MKFAP, but I was a bit disappointed. I felt that there was less strategy and planning involved and much more generous on the time factor than I would enjoy.

As for the clicking things so that your men keep running around meant I felt you could pretty much click your way through each level and manage it well within the time limit.

Having said that it is rather cute and fun so I'll probably buy just as it's a rainy day.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 24, 11 5:14 AM
Purchased right away Loving it. I'm on level 20. It's not a clicking frenzy game. So it's fairly easy to get all gold as long as you pay attention to your goals. You don't have to collect all the gems. I don't collect them unless I have nothing else to collect, but you do have collect your products to use with other things. A lot of it is strategy. For instance if I don't need to collect anymore grain there is no reason to worry about supplying the grain farm with water, it's a waste of precious time, so ignore it and concentrate on the goals at hand. If there is a bridge and I'm already around it one way I don't have to waste time fixing it all around...

This game is made by Realore the same company that made Roads of Rome 1 and 2. That's probably why it seems so familiar. My Kingdom for the Princess games was made by NevoSoft.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jan 24, 11 6:46 AM
Thanks you all for the excellent reviews/comments. Sounds like my cuppa tea. Will download first (always) but am quite sure I"ll buy.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Jan 24, 11 7:00 AM
FairyonPegasus and myself seem to have opposing views, but actually now I've played beyond the demo, there is a lot more strategy involved and it does get more challenging to get gold towards the end of the second island so go with FoP's view!

So have warmed more to this game!

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Jan 24, 11 8:04 AM
I played 9 levels during the demo. I love these types of games, but I felt the amount of time given to complete each level was way too much. I like levels where it comes down to the last seconds and you are biting your fingernails saying, "Hurry, Hurry!!" Having minutes left on a level feels much too easy to me.

That being said, I will still buy the game because I've had a fun time.

Happy gaming!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 24, 11 8:18 AM
I played the demo for the hour and I'm not really sure if I want to buy it. I find it a cheap version of Roads Of Rome. Its like they're trying to copy them but they aren't as talented. I hope this post doesn't seem negative because I'm not trying to be, I'm trying to explain my feelings on the game development.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 24, 11 8:31 AM
Having just come off of over 18 hours of Royal Envoy (just had to get gold in both regular & advanced modes lol) , I am not sure if I am ready for ANOTHER TM Game. I agree that it seems a cheap spin off of Roads to Rome, (Which I do own btw). Liked it but stopped playing after about 30 minutes as I am totally burned out on the TM games at this point. My advice - try it if you like it buy it!! Happy Gaming Fishies!
Lean

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Jan 24, 11 8:41 AM
i like it as well. Another and a buy for me.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 24, 11 9:03 AM
What a way to start the week !! This little game is just awesome I love it ! Very similar to MKFP and Roads of Rome but it has enough to be different then the others and definitely holds it own. I love watching the little dudes just run around being busy. These types of tm games are my favorite and I really hope they will do many more like this they are just so fun and challenging. Starts out easy but as you go it gets harder and with this one you have fog so your not really quite sure which way to go first and I like that it makes you think a little bit more. Be careful the volcano will throw lava rocks on your buildings and set them on fire and you have to put them out also you have to get rid of bears with honey get rid of the bees for the honey get rid of goats and pigs. You can't get rid of the animals until certain buildings are built so that also gives you a challenge. Buildings will need repairing and you can upgrade rather quick and that does help. You have to make deals with other tribesmen just so you can pass through on their territory. Lots to do in this little game and every bit of it is fun fun fun. Bought it as soon as I saw it and I'm loving it just can't get enough of these little games like this they are the best tm games just loads of fun and lots of play time and plenty of replay. Give it try if you like MKFP and Roads to Rome you'll like this one and it's certainly worth the download. Thanks Big Fish for another great game !

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 9:07:41 AM PST

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jan 24, 11 9:03 AM
Yay! I love these kind of games. Thanks for the great reviews. Downloading a trial but know it's going to be a keeper.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jan 24, 11 9:10 AM
After playing MKFTP and Roads 2 Rome I have become addicted to these TM games. Royal envoy's such a gr8 game and I feel this is enough to keep u busy without driving u nuts! A buy 4 me

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jan 24, 11 10:08 AM
What a lovely surprise.

As was said before: it's great you can click in advance to get tasks done and also the worker does not have to run up and down to his home all the time inbetween tasks.

Definitely a buy for me ; also because l did not buy Roads to Rome 2 due to ongoing technical problems with that one (and l never ever have technical problems with a game).

Fran

[Post New]by ellen150854 on Jan 24, 11 10:58 AM
It is a cool game only much to short only 30 levels.

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jueh on Jan 24, 11 11:04 AM
I had to quit at level 20 as it wouldn't let me go down the path to get the wool from the sheep, shame as I was enjoying it.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 24, 11 11:28 AM
PB2010 wrote:FairyonPegasus and myself seem to have opposing views, but actually now I've played beyond the demo, there is a lot more strategy involved and it does get more challenging to get gold towards the end of the second island so go with FoP's view!

So have warmed more to this game!

I didn't see your post, or I would have agreed that too much time is given at the beginning, I now have 3 latter levels I need to go back and try for the gold. Had to go and sleep for a bit.

They may have done it this way because of all the complaints about not enough time, to give people a chance to get used to movements, etc. I personally do like they gave a bit more time, my hands are old and tired, so I'm glad it wasn't a clicking frenzy game unless you want to collect all the gems. I gave up on that aspect real quick after about the 15th level.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jan 24, 11 11:31 AM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo for the hour and I'm not really sure if I want to buy it. I find it a cheap version of Roads Of Rome. Its like they're trying to copy them but they aren't as talented. I hope this post doesn't seem negative because I'm not trying to be, I'm trying to explain my feelings on the game development.

I would hope they are as talented since it's made by the same people. lol

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 24, 11 12:34 PM
Very nice game - its similar to Roads of Rome or My Kingdom for the princess. Its a buy for me

Go to: