Please spoil the ending....I can't take the bugs

[Post New]by RaeEllen on Jan 24, 11 5:31 AM
Just what it says. I worked through the can't leave France bug. I figured out where the mysterious parcel went. Now, I can't exchange money and get on the airship. From everything I've read, there is no easy fix to this, and I'm not interested in restarting the game. None of the walkthroughs describe the ending. Can someone spoil the final chapter?

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Please spoil the ending....I can't take the bugs

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jan 24, 11 6:37 AM
I am really sorry about the frustration you feel. We have all been there.I have went back to some of my saved games so many times that i could do it in my sleep.I liked the game so much I stayed with it. I had problems finding a fruit, and was going to give up myself, but cander555 stuck with me until i finally found it.We are all here for you to.I would like to help you enjoy this game and if there is anything we can do to back track anything you may have missed doing.At least let us try.

[Post New]by RaeEllen on Jan 24, 11 7:25 AM
Thanks!

I'm a veteran adventure game player, so I'm not new at this. (Longest Journey fans, anyone) And this game is pretty easy. But I find this game has lost my "trust" That is, I'm used to knowing when I'm stuck that if I just work through it long enough I will find a solution. However, the game loses a lot of fun for me if I have to wonder each time that I'm stuck if it's me or a glitch. I find once I break open the walkthrough (which I finally did after a day of wandering around Brittney only to realize I had done everything and had to restart) the game loses a lot of magic.

But, here's where I am. I'm stuck in Gilbrater. I think the glitch is that Sylvie doesn't hand over the money for the airship during the proper conversation. I've replayed several times from the beginning of Gilbralter, I really don't want to go back any further. Now, the game is beginning to hand everytime I open my journal (which I have to do to get the parcel)

I'm certain (I've gone through the walkthrough) that I've done everything else. Opened the roof, reattached the valve and gotton the hydrogen filled, had the goodbye conversation. But, the count doesn't follow me on the ship. It's pretty clear to me that I have to put the map copy on the lit panel, but the game doesn't let me.

Any suggestions that don't involve restarting or hacking into game files?

(If not, put me out of my misery fellow fishies and describe the final cut scene)

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jan 24, 11 9:12 AM
To put the map on the panel, click on the backlit panel first then the map

OR if you need a save file for this PM me.

Go to: