bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Haiku Journey - Released on November 07, 2006

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Create words by linking letters to release the butterflies that fill in a poet's ancient haiku word puzzle for you to solve. Earn special bonuses that will help you along the way. Solve the haiku and progress on your journey to the ultimate destination of Mount Fuji.

Re:Haiku Journey - Released on November 07, 2006

[Post New]by Oklahoma_Rose on Jun 4, 10 3:51 PM
June 4, 2010

This game is such a pleasure to play, both from a visual perspective and an audio perspective. Color is pure and rich. Graphics are always in keeping with the theme. It plays well. It is one of the best and most original word games I have played in a decade. I love poetry. I love haiku poetry for its simplicist truth and ability to say much and paint word pictures with as few words as possible. My son wrote haiku poetry. I envied his ability to do so. I can't. I was born with millions of words stuck in my head waiting crazily to be released. I can word paint, but I can't paint a leaf blown winter stream in 12 words or less --- maybe 90.

Haiku Journey is just, from beginning to end, a pleasurable game, which is why I purchased it 6 minutes into the hour free download. Hope to see more games of this calibre here.

Oh, thank you for making me a Sea Anemone. I love sea anemones. We now have about 10 million less in the Gulf. Walk. See what your car cost us?

Shalom!
Oklahoma Rose

Edited on 06/04/2010 at 3:56:55 PM PST

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:Haiku Journey - Released on November 07, 2006

[Post New]by Jinnare on Dec 15, 10 10:05 PM
Oklahoma_Rose, I'm with you on having the words stuck in my head scrambling around and my inability to get them out. Poetry is like so many branches of the arts that I admire and appreciate but for which I have absolutely no talent.

Regarding the oil spill, I'm extremely sorry about the loss of the anemones and all of the other sea and shore life. It's a terrible tragedy from which we will probably never recover. As a counterpoint to the drive vs. walk issue, though, I'd like to try my hand at a bit of haiku, if I may. For background, I'm referring to commuting to work and there's no place closer to live as all that's between home and work is high altitude, sagebrush desert.

Walk? Thirty-five miles each
way at forty degrees below zero?
I'll drive, thanks anyway.

Be well, Rose, and keep trying to get those words out.

Go to: